12 2904
View: 2904|Reply: 12

Problems, satisfaction, questions...

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-1-24 18:36:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
I've got my UMI E Plus phone two weeks ago. I must say that I'm dissapointed beacuse of two things:
1. sensor under glass is not sensitive enough on the edges. In the middle of screen is ok, but approx. half centimeter from edge I need to push firmly and that is very frustrating! What can I do? You can try with some game - like Boom Beach
2. phone founded an update last week and yes I did the upgrade, but after restart ALL my Workspace was gone!!! All icons, all additional 3 pages was gone!! It looked like factory reset! Don't you have built-in to make a backup of workspace before do upgrade?? How can I get my Workspace back next time before doing upgrade?
Questions:
1. Is warranty still in place if I root the phone? Is the rootjoy program from UMI to root the phone?
2. I have a backup program "Titanium Backup" purchased version, BUT it need rooted phone to succesfully backup complete phone. What can I do?
3. How can I get Rootjoy? If I try to download rootjoy there is a Warning message from MediaFare:
http://www.mediafire.com/error.p ... amp;origin=download
Dangerous File Blocked
The file you attempted to download was determined to be dangerous. For your protection, MediaFire does not enable distribution of dangerous files.
Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.

threads

credits

credits

Warmest Heart UMIDIGIerUMIDIGIer

Post time 2017-1-25 02:17:23 | Show all posts
rootjoy was made for past UMI phone which didnt got updates FOTA... so dont use it with the Plus E
about backup: I use since several mobiles MyBackup from Reware LCC.... try the free version and save backups on phome (even android desktop, icons etc. all can be saved) move the backup files from mobile via usb to your PC/MAC... on same mobile you can restore from free version, if you wanna restore/move to another mobile phone the 8$ are worth it....

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-1-25 19:15:31 | Show all posts
I had rootjoy for a my previous model Umi Iron Pro, however I haven't used the program to root my Plus E I have only used it for its backup function and have had no problems doing so

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-1-25 22:52:43 | Show all posts
Uhgrgrgggggtrrtrrrrtrr...  Launcher3 has stopped and need to reset the phone. Android on UMI Plus E is a crap!!!

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-1-27 18:44:48 | Show all posts
Does anybod knows if warranty is still in place if I root the phone?

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-1-27 18:45:41 | Show all posts
What about sensor under glass which is not sensitive enough on the edges. In the middle of screen is ok, but approx. half centimeter from edge I need to push firmly and that is very frustrating! What can I do? You can try with some game - like Boom Beach

Is this HW problem or firmware?
Post time 2017-1-29 03:10:04 | Show all posts
blazdob replied at 2017-1-27 18:44
Does anybod knows if warranty is still in place if I root the phone?

If you root your device you loosing your warranty.
If you unroot your device everything should be fine for warranty.
Also to fix your other issues please flash your phone with SPFT.
You can always flash whole ROM from here to unroot your phone and to comeback to default settings.
http://community.umidigi.com/forum-128-1.html
Here you can read about SPFT updating procedure
http://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-1-31 19:51:28 | Show all posts
Ok, thx MarcinP. One more question if you know - if I backup my phone and then flash it with SPFT and then restore the data - will the workspace icons remain there or I will lose them?
Post time 2017-2-2 07:40:05 | Show all posts
blazdob replied at 2017-1-31 19:51
Ok, thx MarcinP. One more question if you know - if I backup my phone and then flash it with SPFT an ...

Hi
If you don't want loose you data with SPFT you need uncheck user data partition.
If you properly backup and restore your data all should be back but always can something happen.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-2-2 21:19:31 | Show all posts
Hi guys,

Received my UMI Plus E and during 2 days of using I am very satisfied. Updated via OTA, with no problem. No problem with GPS as I expected. So at now I am happy  with it.
12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list