16 3771
View: 3771|Reply: 16

Update Android 7 N December. V1.01_20160810

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-10-13 21:04:31 | Show all posts |Read mode

I Owner Max V1.01_20160810 Umi. Impossible via update in Ota and Manual. I ask you, what will happen in December with the upgrade to Android 7 N. Will we be able V1.01_20160810 in which we update?

I have no informatic means or knowledge to install or to flash Roms. I pray solution and information, to update via Ota, easily, via Wi-Fi from my house.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-10-14 17:37:07 | Show all posts
The phone works perfectly, so that I will not risk spoiling it. I hope Umi, put some solution later. Thanks for the answers.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-10-14 14:05:08 | Show all posts
decmachine, it's not likely that 20160810 should get any FOTA, regardless of the update version. It looks that 20160810 ROM is an internal ROM and probably it doesn't support FOTA, or it is not configured properly to be FOTA updated.
Anyway, it's not hard to update manually, you just have to read the instructions. It takes not more than 15 min. to update from the beginning: installing drivers & flashing. You just have to read the instructions beforehand which can take some 15min. more. So, go ahead, it's easy.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-10-14 16:44:33 | Show all posts
Hi decmachine,

unless you mobile does not work at all, I wouldn´t try to flash it if I were you. If you are not acquainted with what are you doing I would say it is risky. After all, documentation is poor and you need Windows 7.

Cheers,
Carlos
Post time 2016-10-15 07:20:16 | Show all posts
Dear Users,

I'd like to share some information about this case and also refute some misleading info provided here.
1. The Android N upgrade will be released via FOTA
2. Unfortunately the 20160810 ROM version of UMi MAX doesn't contain the server address for FOTA update and also have issues at its recovery, so you'll never get wireless updates if you have that version on your phone. It's a pre-release, not a final version of ROM. Only a few handsets are involved but we apologize for this issue.
3. Both the SP Flash Tool app and the provided drivers are perfectly compatible with Windows 10 64-bit versions, you don't have to go back to Windows 7 and the MT65x3_USB_VCOM_drivers.zip file contains signed drivers, so you can use it as is, without applying specific settings. All of the provided resources were tested a lot of times on many different machines.
4. Using the SPFT app doesn't need an engineering degree, it's simpler than most apps that you use every day. Before using for the first time, you need to learn about the usage of SPFT but anything happens, you cannot permanently brick your phone. Even if you get a blackout, your PC crashes while your phone is being flashed or even if you flash the ROM of a completely different device, you always can start the flashing process again.

So, unfortunately if you are on the 20160810 version, you have to flash your phone with SPFT or you won't be able to receive any further updates. If you are not familiar with such processes, I suggest you to ask a skilled friend or relative to help you.

Regards,
Ben

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-10-15 13:43:14 | Show all posts
Well, it seems like there are quite a lot of phones delivered with this (20160810) rom, including mine.
I flashed mine successfully, so should you, or you will be stuck with this rom forever.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-10-15 23:07:08 | Show all posts
Achieved, alone, with Windows 10 X 64.

-First you have to do everything you say this product by installing the drivers ( DOWNLOAD OF THE LINK, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS FORUM. IF YOU do EXACTLY as I do, GET OUT WELL FIRST):
       http://forum.xda-developers.com/ ... vers-32-64-t3267033

- Second, install the Flash tool, the first page of this fórum:
        http://community.umidigi.com/for ... peid%26typeid%3D172

- Third, download the fimrware of the first page of this fórum:
        http://community.umidigi.com/for ... peid%26typeid%3D172

- Fourth. Dece to flash as the forum link, but put in the drop-down tab only "Finrmware Update"
       http://community.umidigi.com/for ... &extra=page%3D1

- Fifth, once done everything and we fire up the phone again, we see that everything went well. Then we turn it off again and clean the PARTITION CACHE:
        I instead found that to get to Recovery, you have to do the following:
1Turn the phone OFF
2Press and hold the Vol-Up key
3Next, press and hold the the Power key.
4Hold both these keys in, until the first UMi splash screen appears, which is normally only a few seconds, then release them.
5You should then see the picture of the Android appear, laying down, with its chest plate open, and a warning triangle above it.
6Now, press and hold, the part of the screen where the Harlequin LED is.
7Next, press and hold, the power button.
8Finally, press and Vol-Up key once.
9Release your hold on the Power key and Harlequin LED screen area.

Note,
The key press sequence, in steps 6, 7 & 8 may need to be done fairly quickly.  I don't think it's expecting long button presses.  If you're unsure where the Harlequin LED is, then I found that if I press it, when the Android picture is showing, then you see a slight flash, in the bottom right of the screen.  The fact that it is receptive

WAPE CACHE PARTITION AND...................................THE PHONE IS UPDATE AND CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Hello! I have same problem. Follow all the steps but is not working. Flash tool does not start, I believe it driver problem can not in win10, already tried several ways. Help?  Post time 2016-11-3 11:09

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-10-15 23:16:06 | Show all posts

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-10-16 00:39:29 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2016-10-15 07:20
Dear Users,

I'd like to share some information about this case and also refute some misleading info ...

As it seems, those terminals "escaped" from production because of greater demand than the supply, so we got also the test phones.  No matter, but it takes our input to receive this update and the future ones, which is annoying, because some of us don't have the time to do it. Ok, it's a mistake, we accept it, but I hope it wouldn't repeat. Otherwise, Max is a good phone, so I want it to be updated.
Post time 2016-10-16 01:37:41 | Show all posts
decmachine replied at 2016-10-15 23:07
Achieved, alone, with Windows 10 X 64.

-First you have to do everything you say this product by in ...

Hi,

I'm glad to know that you were successful, just some corrections here.
1. As I mentioned, the drivers provided here are many times tested and work properly under Windows 10 6-bit systems and moreover, the MT65x3_USB_VCOM_drivers.zip driver is a signed one, so you definitely don't need to download an unsigned one from another place and install it with a vomplicated method, rather than just installing this one by running it's setup app.
2. To get the menu in the stock recovery, you only need to press the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then relese them. The home button (Harlequin LED) is ineffective in recovery.
12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list