3 115
View: 115|Reply: 3

Umidigi X Unfit for Purpose

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-12-1 07:52:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have constant problems of the phone dropping 4G data and refusing to switch bands or go to 3G. It just stops receiving data. Umidigi support told me:

We suggest you compare the UMIDIGI X with xiaomi model, because the X is different from other UMIDIGI models, it has changed the signal value to xiaomi, and it will be 3G automatically when the network changes, but as you mentioned, it seems not to switch because the signal value at that time has not reached the signal value of the 3G signal set by our mobile phone.

This answer is wholly unsatisfactory, they are actually saying that the Umidigi X has an inferior signal strength and is unfit for use on O2 which is a major European cell provider. The phone is basically a brick and I can't tell anyone reading this DO NOT PURCHASE THIS PHONE.
Post time 2019-12-2 03:24:56 | Show all posts
Hi,

That message that you quoted as it's told by UMIDIGI support sounds weird. I also work there but we never mention Xiaomi. Why would we do that? Could you please share your ticket number, so I could check your case.
Personally I've been using an X as my daily driver for a few weeks but never experienced any 4G drop and no other users reported such an issue. Maybe you have some inherited settings (synced from your Google account when setting up your phone) that cause your issues. I recommend you to reset your network settings in Settings --> System --> Advanced --> Reset options --> Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth.

threads

credits

credits
Post time The day before yesterday 15:06 | Show all posts
Same problem here.

No 4G, no 3G. Network switches back and forth.

Cannot delete apns, network all sho as 12345,  using sim 2 it shows up as MEID and will not roam.

What piece of crap.

Customer support is horrible.

threads

credits

credits
Post time Yesterday  13:41 | Show all posts
This phone is useless,......

Buyer beware.

No signal, signal on and off,

Do not buy this useless phone.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules