20 1524
View: 1524|Reply: 20

SUCCESSFUL SCREEN REPLACEMENT Umi Su- NEED HELP GETTING IN RECOVERY OR UPDATINE

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-5-1 01:45:01 | Show all posts |Read mode
i successfully installed a replacement screen in my Umi super.  This was a time consuming and scary feet.  But not as difficult as you might imagine. The problem i am having is the only screens i could find are the new ones meant for the umi max.  Thats pretty much all i could find for months.  So i purchased one after a seller said they had firmware to make it work.  Well kinda yes kinda NO!  The only rom that i could get to work is 20161121.  Any thing after that and you get a blank screen with power but no picture. This rom comes with no way to get into recovery.  Pressing the power and volume up keys does nothing.  The phone just boots normally.  I cannot even get into the stock recovery.  I do not know of any other way to get into recovery.  I tried adb but cannot get my computer to see the umi super in the listed devices.  This is a deal breaker i will throw the phone in the trash because i need root and the only way i know to do that is install twrp. I have flashed twrp but cannot load into recovery so it doesn't do me anygood. So Can anyone help my figure out how to get into recovery on this rom. Can anyone suggest another rom that will work with a new screen like this one or suggest how to keep the drivers from 20161121 while installing everything else from another version.  Is there another way to get root without going into recovery.  PLEASE HELP ME!!! You guys.  I know there are some senior members out there that know more about this than me. All I want is root.  I'm not a newb but i don't want to brick my phone.  I mean god forbid i try and install the new nougat roms with ota or something cause no other rom i flashed after the one i mentioned earlier works with this stupid screen.

In summary: 1. I need root.  ( any way will work.)
                    2. are there alternate ways into recovery asside from PWR + VOL UP KEYS
                     3. can i keep screen drivers from 1 rom while loading the other parts from another rom
                     4.  is there a way to update this rom while keeping the screen drivers from this rom
Look guys i really appreciate any help you can provide.   I really really loved this phone until i dropped it 2.5 feet and the corner cracked and i couldn't use my screen any more.  So i would love you forever if you could help me get root on my phone its going in the trash if i can't get root. Thanks In Advance.  

If Any body has questions about the screen replacement i did or how it is to do one i'll be happy to answer those.  I know how scared i was to crack open a $250 phone and throw another $75 at it and hope it would work again.  

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-10-7 21:57:45 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-6-9 04:43
Of course I can read but you should answer for this question : Do you want have working phone or c ...

obviously you can't read becuse without a custom recovery there is no root and without root my phone isn't suitable for everyday use. I cannot use it with any of my apps cannot back it up.  cannot restore appse after a recovery it's complete crap.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-10-7 21:52:44 | Show all posts
LeXuZ replied at 2017-5-1 03:06
Edited by LeXuZ at 2017-5-1 03:08 \n\nWow. That was a bit too much for a umi super. About your prob ...

Thanks for the lead on the updated twrp.  I found it and tried it.  It's the same with rom V3.02_20161121.  No booting into recovery still like all the others. Way to bring fresh meat to the table though.  CHEERS!!

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-10-7 21:21:30 | Show all posts
To all concerned here i managed to get into recovery finally but you cannot use any custom recovery or the phone won't go into recovery because i assume umi has blocked this feature in the only compatible rom.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-10-7 21:19:00 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-6-9 04:43
Of course I can read but you should answer for this question : Do you want have working phone or c ...

I bought the phone because it could be rooted can you not see my concern.  I wouldn't have bought it otherwise. The only rom that can be loaded is really crappy compared to all the others i have tried.  I cannot use any of my apps without root.  So it isn't at all  suitable for daily use. I'm sorry you're a fuddy duddy and don't like the freedom to use the technology that you paid for with your own money the way that you want to and would rather have someone else dictate the rules of how to use your stuff to you.  You sound like an apple user.    If you don't have anything to add that is helpful don't answer.  I can't stand when somebody completly talks around the question or problem posed.  Why read the query if you aren't going to pay attention.

Post time 2017-6-9 04:43:18 | Show all posts
Walter_Bishop replied at 2017-6-8 14:54
no i cannot get a custom recovery with the newest 6 roms or 7 roms can't you read.

Of course I can read but you should answer for this question : Do you want have working phone or custom recovery which is completely useless for everyday using! Company is not taking responsibility of unofficial custom ROM or recovery.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-8 14:55:21 | Show all posts
Danixx replied at 2017-5-5 13:14
i've already tried to flash the latest twrp and a umi max twrp... but nothing appear.. umi logo- bla ...

that is exactly what i got too

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-8 14:54:26 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-5-6 06:01
If you have black screen you can use SPFT and flash to latest Android 6.0 and if still not working ...

no i cannot get a custom recovery with the newest 6 roms or 7 roms can't you read.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-6-8 14:48:08 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-5-6 06:01
If you have black screen you can use SPFT and flash to latest Android 6.0 and if still not working ...

I did contact the seller they had an older rom that had the drivers that is what he initially gave me but i accidentally erased it before i ever got the screen.  Now He just sends me here for the latest android 6 with a link. And as anybody who has installed that rom knows there is no way to get a custom recovery to boot.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-5-8 21:11:19 | Show all posts
What about this ...
post2.jpg
Post time 2017-5-8 01:43:07 | Show all posts
Walter_Bishop replied at 2017-5-7 23:57
sorry, I think you are right.  After i read some more i realized the forums i was reading were fro ...

Another thing what is indicating that this ROM is 64 bits is that to use 4G or Lte needs to be 64 bits cpu and system
123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list