66 12729
View: 12729|Reply: 66

UMIDIGI Z V3.02_20170411 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-4-15 06:44:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V3.02_20170411 (Android 6.0) firmware
for UMIDIGI Z

Flash tool operation is recommended for experienced users only. Do not use it if you cannot understand the whole process!
UMI(DIGI) Z receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again. Another reason can be if you experience unexpected issues after updating via FOTA.

UMIDIGI Z is not a different model, it's just a new brand. You can update your UMi Z smartphone with this ROM without risking its usability and without voiding your warranty.
It is an official update for UMi Z.

If you are updating an earlier version, it is recommended to flash this ROM as 'Firmware Upgrade'!

Changelog:
  • Gravity sensor freezing issue fixed
  • Wifi network search problem fixed
  • Error code display of microSD slot fixed
  • Optimized notification bar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorial: http://bit.ly/SPFTguide

>>>>> ROM: 20170412_g15v97_kw_u8_4m.rar <<<<< - Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6797_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMI Z if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMI Z to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to either the internal memory or the SD card of your phone
  • Go to Settings --> About phone --> Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button at the top right corner and select Local updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Tap Install now, comfirm the process with OK and wait until the process will be finished

>>>>> Update file for manual OTA update: UMIDIGI_Z.V3.02_20170411_update.zip <<<<<

rom_thread_end.png

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-5-26 14:57:55 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-5-26 07:47
Hi,
The OTA server was down for a few days but anyway It works reliably. That's a rented service,  ...

I was not referring to the down period of these last few days.
I have noticed after some flash on my side (to find the best/less bugged rom) that sometimes new OTA are found, sometimes not.
Personally, I don't care about OTA as I prefer to backup my app with Titatium and reflash all the system with SPFT. ^^
 Author| Post time 2017-4-16 01:30:07 | Show all posts

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-15 18:51:44 | Show all posts
My notification panel is just fully black, It's very annoying, is it normal? video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p82xJQNm_Rk
 Author| Post time 2017-4-15 20:38:32 | Show all posts
GamingMonster replied at 2017-4-15 18:51
My notification panel is just fully black, It's very annoying, is it normal? video: https://www.yout ...

I can confirm this issue and it will be fixed in the next update. Thank you for your report.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-15 20:48:39 | Show all posts
When to update Noga

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-16 07:12:47 | Show all posts
Hi, the new update did not fix my problem with auto-answer on handsfree.
Although I couldn't find the setting for it, before the March update the phone was auto-answering calls when I had the headset plugged in.

Now with April update, still no auto-answer, and it developed an additional problem.
When the FM radio is playing on my headset, a call comes in, I can't pick up because I am driving, the call stops ringing, but the radio never comes back on. I have to stop and start the radio in order to make it play again.

Thanks for your help.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-16 10:05:36 | Show all posts
V3.02_20170411
What was the improvement in the notification bar? What I realized was that now it is no longer transparent...
 Author| Post time 2017-4-16 10:30:12 | Show all posts
august64 replied at 2017-4-16 07:12
Hi, the new update did not fix my problem with auto-answer on handsfree.
Although I couldn't find th ...

Hi,
If incoming calls were auto-answered without your permission when using a handsfree, that was definitely a bug, that just got fixed now. If you need your incoming calls to be auto-amswered, you can use third party apps, just search for "auto answer" in the Play Store.
Your second issue is a real issue, has been confirmed and will be fixed.
Thank you for your report.

Author| Post time 2017-4-16 10:36:53 | Show all posts
Gildsonlima replied at 2017-4-16 10:05
V3.02_20170411
What was the improvement in the notification bar? What I realized was that now it is  ...

Some users requested that to be the notification bar not transparent. I don't know why that request got accepted but it has happened. That's the improvement.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-16 12:09:04 | Show all posts
When slide down the notification bar, the background change to black. In my opinion this is unconfortable because when you slide up instantaneous notifications, the background change to black too. Just remove opacity of quick configuration menu in notifications bar solve this problem, not change the background to black.
1234567Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list