28 4905
View: 4905|Reply: 28

More than Phones! UMIDIGI X to be Launched on 5th August

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-7-23 04:38:52 | Show all posts |Read mode
More than Phones! UMIDIGI X to be Launched on 5th August

with New True Wireless Earphones Upods

UMIDIGI X design revealed in the new leaked render

UMIDIGI will unveil the new budget king UMIDIGI X on 5th August, following the company’s hot-selling UMIDIGI A5 Pro. According to previous leaks and the new leaked render, the UMIDIGI X will indeed sport an in-screen fingerprint reader as well as a triple rear camera with 48MP main sensor. And the new UMIDIGI poster suggests that, on August 5, not only the smartphone UMIDIGI X, but the company will also launch its new true wireless earphones called Upods.

The new leaked render of UMIDIGI X showed an uninterrupted back cover with the cool flame hue. Thanks to the in-screen fingerprint sensor, the UMIDIGI X move the rear fingerprint reader and hide it under the screen. About the camera, it’s an AI triple camera setup that will include a 48MP ultra clarity sensor and an ultra wide angle lens. Up front, the smartphone features a tiny waterdrop shape notch, contributing a high screen-to-body ratio. Besides, UMIDIGI X will be a slim design phone with 4150mAh big battery and 18W fast charge as well as multi-function NFC support.

In terms of the UMIDIGI’s new true wireless earphones, all we know currently is that it’s named Upods and have a similar design with Sony’s latest true wireless noise cancelling earbuds Sony WF-1000XM3. As UMIDIGI X is expected to be the most affordable smartphone with in-screen fingerprint reader and 48MP AI triple camera, the true wireless earphones Upods would also be at a great budget price tag.

Both UMIDIGI X and true wireless earphones Upods will go official on August 5 and we expect more specs and price to be revealed in the coming days. And If you want to be among the first to get the UMIDIGI X, UMIDIGI is giving you a chance to win its future smartphone here.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-23 22:22:11 | Show all posts
Edited by nucleone at 2019-7-23 22:23  

This is fantastic news, thank you!!!
Really looking forward to this phone.

Let me just ask you a question - could you suggest to the Umidigi software department to announce which phones (including Umidigi X) will be updated to Android Q 10?
That would be a fantastic sales boost to Umidigi, I am sure.

In any case, thank you for taking big leaps forward, keep it up!

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-25 01:38:58 | Show all posts
I will buy after full analysis, mainly about the camera and the digital reader.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-24 15:42:13 | Show all posts
old_and_slow replied at 2019-7-24 11:05
Anybody notice that at least one set of leaked specs for the Umidigi X state that it will use Xiaomi ...

Yes, that would actually be a smart move.

Umidigi's track record of updating their phones to higher Android versions is probably the only major issue they need resolved. It's probably the only thing preventing them from reaching the upper league of smartphone manufacturers.
Not many people would want to buy a phone knowing that they'd be stuck on the initial Android version, while other companies provide at least one Android version update.

But hey, Umidigi seems to be on the right track, they've definitely improved and are improving. Let's just hope it continues.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-24 11:05:38 | Show all posts
Anybody notice that at least one set of leaked specs for the Umidigi X state that it will use Xiaomi's MIUI 10 instead of stock Android?    If this is true, hopefully Xiaomi will be able to help UMIDIGI's biggest problem which is producing a stable and bug free OS via some as yet to be determined partnership.  

Better yet, perhaps UMIDIGI has finally decided to farm out software development to Xiaomi's more than capable software team instead of trying to figure it out themselves.

Of course this could all be unsubstantiated rumor.... I guess we wait for "official" specs.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-24 07:18:05 | Show all posts
SoulFisher replied at 2019-7-23 23:38
I will buy it once I see it has updated to Android 10 (Q) with full dark mode built-in. And please u ...

Very True, you know if Umidigi does that I'll be so proud of Umidigi..."following the footsteps of Xiaomi"

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-23 23:38:10 | Show all posts
I will buy it once I see it has updated to Android 10 (Q) with full dark mode built-in. And please upgrade the F1, Play, S3 Pro to Android 10 as well, as it will generate more sales for Umidigi.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-25 13:36:03 | Show all posts
I've wanted the F1 since I discovered it, so got me one this month and just waiting for delivery...now I feel like i should have waited a it longer seeing that a new one is coming out a month after my purchase...I honestly look forward to official specs of the X.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-25 14:12:54 | Show all posts
nucleone replied at 2019-7-23 22:22
Edited by nucleone at 2019-7-23 22:23  

This is fantastic news, thank you!!!

I just checked and found out that new android versions have been releasing in the month of August every year for the past three years, so by using reason, its possible that the new Umi X could launch with the new android version. But I would like to remain hopeful that the 2019 models will also get an OTA update aswell.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-25 20:05:28 | Show all posts
ajex replied at 2019-7-25 14:12
I just checked and found out that new android versions have been releasing in the month of August  ...

Yeah, it's possible, but personally I think they'll release it with Android 9, simply because software (firmware) development for this model must have started many months ago.

In any case, even if it's released with Android 9, and if Umidigi doesn't update it to Android 10 later on, that would be a terrible decision that would put off a lot of potential buyers.

Let's also hope that the phone's overall software (system, fingerprint scanner, cameras) will be good from the initial release, as this model will certainly receive a lot of attention once it's released. I'd hate to see it fail because of half-baked software and functions.
123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list