14 2364
View: 2364|Reply: 14

UMIDIGI S3 Pro V1.0_20190525 beta ROM

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-5-25 05:43:26 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool release of the
V1.0_20190525 beta system software
for UMIDIGI S3 Pro

Flash tool operation is recommended to experienced users only. If you are not yet an experienced flash tool user, please carefully read the flash tool tutorial before proceeding, and strictly follow each instruction.

Except if an authorized or responsible expert directly asked you to do that,
never format the flash chip of your device or you instantly lose your warranty!

Please note, this version is only for test purpose, it is not an official release, and it can be flashed only with SP Flash Tool, an OTA update (update.zip) is not available.
If you flash this version, possibly you will not be able receive the next wireless update but the only option will be to flash the next official version with SP Flash Tool again. After flashing an official version, you'll be able to receive wireless updates again.

Changelog:
Not provided

Known bug: The camera ISO speed control freezes at ISO 6000 and higher values.

The system will show UMIDIGI_S3_Pro_V1.0_20190420 as Build number after this update but the real version is V1.0_20190525
FOTA version: UMIDIGI_S3_Pro_V1.0_20190420_20190525-1254

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorial: http://bit.ly/SPFTguide

Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6771_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it (if your computer is connected to the internet) or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMIDIGI S3 Pro if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMIDIGI S3 Pro to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

The first beta release for your interest: 2019051310_g38v71c2k_kw_s3_pro_beta1.rar

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode.
 Author| Post time 2019-5-29 07:09:07 | Show all posts
strathelme replied at 2019-5-28 08:46
I tried the beta rom now, all the camera modes are super dark and not lit at all, cant see anythin ...

Please read the 'Known bug' line. You tried to use the camera in very dark conditions that you just forgot to mention in your comment.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-26 09:46:18 | Show all posts
Is it possible to get a detailed changelog for this version?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-27 06:42:58 | Show all posts
Hi.  I'm very interested in seeing the changelog please.

Thanks in advance,
 Author| Post time 2019-5-27 08:33:36 | Show all posts
Hammerjoe replied at 2019-5-26 09:46
Is it possible to get a detailed changelog for this version?

We'll add a changelog to the official version.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-27 17:22:27 | Show all posts
Hi, umidigi, I like the big improvement of camera app, when taking a photo, the process is more efficient, and the AI is really functional. But you remove the Professional mode, I think this is necessary for users to adjust parameters, especially in some situation I want to adjust the white balance.

There are somthing I hope for improvement 1. add editing tools for screenshot 2.add the shortcut on the desk for screencapture and sweep.  And could you tell me what the difference between Duraspeed and Appblocker?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-28 08:46:15 | Show all posts
yosp replied at 2019-5-27 17:22
Hi, umidigi, I like the big improvement of camera app, when taking a photo, the process is more effi ...

I tried the beta rom now, all the camera modes are super dark and not lit at all, cant see anything, only when i switch to the front camera or video does it go over to normal, every time iswitch camera mode there is 1 second where the screen looks normal then it just dips down to complete darkness with some light sources pretty dim in the distance

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-28 11:44:06 | Show all posts
strathelme replied at 2019-5-28 08:46
I tried the beta rom now, all the camera modes are super dark and not lit at all, cant see anythin ...

Sad to hear that, try Restore default settings(in camera settings) and check the camera screen brightness. Or  long tab the camera app then clear storage. If camera still have problem, maybe flash back to official rom and wait for the next update.

Comments

It's about the bug that's mentioned in this post and only in very dark conditions will cause any issues.  Post time 2019-5-29 07:09

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-29 12:20:16 | Show all posts
Edited by strathelme at 2019-5-29 12:33  

Edited by strathelme at 2019-5-29 12:30  

bencebacsi replied at 2019-5-29 07:09
Please read the 'Known bug' line. You tried to use the camera in very dark conditions that you jus ...

hi, thank you. There was little information on the known bugs but i knew it was a beta and was hoping i was lucky not to get any of the nasty ones.

I didnt take a snapshot of what my camera was seeing but the known bug described was the camera freezes at iso over 6k which may be what happened, only it didnt freeze it just got locked to iso so low I can only see lightbulbs, tried to "nudge" it out of this mode by switching quickly, opening and restarting the app and clearing storage and cache.
Unfortunately I didnt hang around longer to find any other bugs.

- Still the slomo mode needs some kind of fix because it only shows like a super blurry low res unfocused video, very greyscale-like, while switching back to normal video looks well normal. It is the same as the current newest official rom version.

- Someone in another forum (regarding F1 play and s3 pro) said snap camera with API 2 enabled and denoise off gave a lot of detail back (with noise)

-Can denoise on/off (or default, low quality, high quality) be added as a manual function?
-Wavelet denoise would be cool if possible too
(i read the research article on it)
-image stacking (stack multiple image on top of eachother to increase detail and reduce noise, or to multiply lighting into one image). On DSLR you can take one image with shutter cap on and one image without and denoise based on the black image with noise.
- I forgot if HDR was added to the beta but something that would be nice to have too later

These were functions I found on free camera app OpenCamera (wavelet denoiser) and paid app snap camera HD (Denoise on/off) and image stacking up to 32 frames in under 1 second. Maybe you guys can find any ideas or techniques being used on those that can be used.

* when choosing 48mp camera then setting it to 12mp in setting, switches automatically over to 12mp module which is like pressing the 12mp button on the viewfinder.
when choosing 48mp camera then switching to 8mp uses the 48mp module which takes pretty good pictures and it looks less blurry because of less noise that the denoiser has to compensate for.
*sorry for possibly sounding like that douchebag professor at college, but i though i'd add that since the quad bayer matrix on the sony sensor the optimal megapixel is actually around 12 megapixel for the sony imx586 exmor sensor. So actually if it is possible to switch to 12mp on the 48mp module, that would take its optimal image. there is actually 4 pixels that create 1 bigger pixel and the AI engine knows this and try to seperate them to create 48mp, so this is great for low light shots(at 12mp) and with good lighting conditions @ 48mp

that was a lot of text. But dont take anything negative there is a lot of information here that can be studied and i am trying to contribute because I love this phone but the camera modules need some manual control because the software does not switch properly and I included possible workarounds.

Cheers!!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-5-29 12:42:55 | Show all posts
yosp replied at 2019-5-28 11:44
Sad to hear that, try Restore default settings(in camera settings) and check the camera screen bri ...

tried all the usual things, and the brightness will also get stuck and it doesnt change even if you manually check it to max. The rom doesnt affect just the stock camera, it will affect all the camera apps since i tried them all with the same bug and I reflashed back to the previous official version for now.
12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list