5 531
View: 531|Reply: 5

Cannot connect via Bluetooth to Lexus

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-4-24 01:00:41 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi - I'm trying unsuccessfully to connect my Z pro via Bluetooth to a Lexus car.  I've actually tried connecting to two different cars, but no joy and my wife's HTC phone connects without a problem to both cars. So feels like an issue with the Z Pro.  The phone goes through the pairing process without a problem ie phone recognises car, car recognises phone, pass code accepted, shows as paired, but unable to actually connect.   On the phone's paired devices page for the car "Use for Contact sharing" is checked, but "Use for Phone audio" is not and it won't allow me to check it.
Have dug around, but can't find anything else I can try to make it work.

Suggestions please.

BarryB
Post time 2018-4-25 02:59:54 | Show all posts
Please delete all Bluetooth devices from radio and phone. Switch off phone and after short time reboot. Disconnect battery from vehicle and after 10 minute reconnect. Then try pair only those two devices.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-5-7 21:35:01 | Show all posts
I have done all of that.  It makes no difference.  As I said in my original mail, pairing is not the issue, connection is.  After the pairing process is complete the message on the car screen says: "Connecting - please make  connection from telephone".  But, there's no option to do anything from the phone.  Also, other phones pair to the same car and then connect automatically.  And the Umi exhibits exactly the same symptoms when trying to pair with 2 other cars.  QED it's not a car issue.
Post time 2018-5-9 02:25:07 | Show all posts
Samarang replied at 2018-5-7 21:35
I have done all of that.  It makes no difference.  As I said in my original mail, pairing is not the ...

Did you ever performed factory reset or flashed latest available firmware with SPFT and firmware upgrade option.?Also did you test your phone on previous firmware?

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2018-5-10 23:38:30 | Show all posts
I haven't done any of those things.  In fact I don't know what some of them mean, let alone how to do them.  This is just a bog standard Z2 pro which I'm trying to connect to my car.
Post time 2018-5-13 04:41:35 | Show all posts
Samarang replied at 2018-5-10 23:38
I haven't done any of those things.  In fact I don't know what some of them mean, let alone how to d ...

Factory reset will wipe everything from your phone but will restore clean ROM.To do this please go to settings - backup and reset - factory data reset
SPFT instruction is here
http://community.umidigi.com/thread-16931-1-1.html
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list