[Crystal 4/64GB] Camera tweaks for next software update?

Roph Post time 2018-2-8 04:59:52 | Show all posts  Close [Copy link]
9 4144
View: 4144|Reply: 9

[Crystal 4/64GB] Camera tweaks for next software update?

Close [Copy link]

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-9-17 07:05:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
I've updated my crystal with the first OTA after I received it, one issue I noticed is the camera is very, very slow to auto-focus. Sometimes it will not auto-focus at all. This is with the built-in camera app.

If I use a third-party camera app like google camera or OpenCamera etc, it will not auto-focus ever. Hopefully you will change this for the next OTA?

Done some more testing, it's most affected when trying to focus on very close objects, for macro shots.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-18 14:27:33 | Show all posts
I received my Crystal on Friday and had a play with the camera before doing the OTA update. It was bad before the update but isn't really usable after the update. It's blurry, never focuses and when it does the quality of the photos are terrible. I also can't select a resolution above 9mp. After using it for 3 days, things have gotten worse, so much so that my sim card is back in my OnePlus X even though the touch screen is slowly on it's way out.

I also have issues with the buttons at the bottom not working, and the screen is un-responsive or lacking in accuracy.

I've been waiting for this phone for ages and ordered it the moment they went on sale. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Thing I'll send it back and get a Bluboo S1.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-9-30 21:51:53 | Show all posts
I can not make a topic, so I'm writing here. Yesterday I received the phone, after two days of testing, the phone was a complete disappointment. The camera slowly focuses, the colors are unreal, very bad details. The battery quickly falls. Are there any updates to solve this?

Comments

bonjour oui ses le meme probleme pour moi la cameras a du mal a se consentre sur les chose un peu de mauvaise qualité la batterie dessend rapidement jespere qu'il y aura une nouvel mise a jour pour..   Post time 2018-2-8 04:56

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-1 21:42:23 | Show all posts
OpenCamera works better for me. May I suggest you give that a try?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-1 22:51:03 | Show all posts
Hello,

I can not make a topic, so I'm also writing here.

My actually Phone is the Umi Plus from 2016, and i am very Happy with this Phone.
(i like the great Power of the battery pack, and the absolut phantastic Display).

I trust Umidigi (Umi) that a New Phone from 2017 as good as my 2016 Umi Plus, and so i ordered the Umidigi Crystal (4gb).

The last Days I testet the Crystal Phone compared to the Umi Plus.

The good Things of the Crystal compare to Umi Plus are:

At first The Design
And second, the gps reception is better then the Umi Plus
(not really perfect, but the gps reception of the Umi Plus is very terrible)

But The Bad Thing are:

The Display!
I hoped that the Sharp Display is the same like the Umi Plus´

But,
Black is not really black, its Gray
White is a little bit to blue (blue Defender is not the solution),
and the Colors are not Powerfull.
It Looks like a Fog over the Display, compare to the Display from the Umi Plus!

The battery pack!
I now that Crystal have only 3000mAh, but AIDA64 (test-app) shows only 2800mAh,
and it feels like max. 2500mAh

And the Camera!

I think that the 13MP Samsung 3L8 ISOCELL sensor is the same like Umi Plus?

Sorry but the Camera is the worst Case for Crystal!

The Color WHITE in Pictures, taken with Flashlight, is always green ore blue ore Red.
(The Umi Plus make a perfect WHITE with Flashlight)

And the Quality on Daylight is also bad!

Too bright, bad contrast and weak Colors.

Slow autofocus,  and the Second Camera apparently out of order!

Sorry but I find it a pity that the Crystal is aapparently a step backwards at this Time!

I  hope that Umidigi can fix the bad Things with a Update in Future.

best regards from Austria

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-11-6 04:35:43 | Show all posts
Hi, I have suggested a friend to buy the new Crystal - top model /I am satisfied with my C Note and expected the new generation to be better/. No chance - battery is falling down very speedy, camera is awful and you can not choose higher resolution than 9 MP. These are just very first impression, but I do not expect anything better and feel sorry for my advice. I hope Umi will take care of all the mislead customers and try to help them at least with some upgrade of the software.
Regards,

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-11-6 06:59:10 | Show all posts
Just set the camera to 4:3 and you'll have 13 megapixels!!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-11-20 23:15:52 | Show all posts
Didi replied at 2017-10-1 22:51
Hello,

I can not make a topic, so I'm also writing here.

Yes, the camera is a big problem. Can't focus and... and... and...
I'm very sad...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-8 04:59:52 | Show all posts
Edited by cocodlr at 2018-2-8 05:05 \n\n[i = s] Édité par cocodlr à 2018-2-8 05:02 \ n \ n
mtv88 a répondu au 2017-9-30 21:51
Je ne peux pas faire un sujet, donc j'écris ici. Hier j'ai reçu le téléphone, après deux jours de testi ...

bonjour ses le meme probleme pour moi la camera a du mal a ses consentré un peu de mauvaise qualité l'application moi fait  parfois erreur  jespere il y a une mise a jour pour tout corrigé merci.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list