View: 1226|Reply: 26

Fingerprint stopped to work

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-12 04:40:08 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

Two days ago my fingerprint sensor stopped to work : I tried to restart the phone but I wasn't even able to see the fingerprint from the settings. Is it a know issue? How could I fix it?

Thanks,
Thomas

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-12 22:14:52 | Show all posts
The exact same thing happened to me. Fingerprint as a security option doesn't exist anymore, and the reader doesn't work. I can't see any existing scanned fingerprints. I have rebooted, nothing has brought it back yet.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-13 09:35:19 | Show all posts
Just received my F2 yesterday. Fingerprint sensor work very very badly. Almost useless. I am afraid it will stop working completely like others said above.

Also, the bluetooth and hotspot do not work at all. They never worked out of the box! Does anybody else have problems with these? I saw another thread about the bluetooth issues but mine is different as it never works...

Thanks Umidigi.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-13 15:59:18 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Yeah bluetooth is working for me but hotspot is not: I can connect to it but I can't get internet access.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-15 23:09:48 | Show all posts
I've had some problems with this phone now which are making it unusable. I have factory reset but issues come back.

SOFTWARE
1) Background Apps Don't Respond (Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, etc)
2) Phone randomly Reboots when using it multiple times throughout the day
3) Microphone only occasionally works (about 4 restarts and it begins working again)
4) Headphone audio quality awful
5) WiFi connectivity is dodgy (keeps cutting out)

HARDWARE
1) the power button / finger print reader is loose and coming off after a month of usage, crack in thin plastic casing.

Not very pleased.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-16 08:50:27 | Show all posts
Wifi hotspot doesn't working for me either, can connect but not internet.  Very disappointing.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-18 17:29:13 | Show all posts
I have bought 2 umidigi F2 in a period of 2 weeks!!! and both have the same problem!!!!!!
I cannot hear the caller on the earpiece while on VoIP!!!! sometimes it does work but most of the times it does not! and the problem is there is support is very slow!!!
What use is a phone if you cant communicate!
did anyone face that problem?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-20 07:39:46 | Show all posts
@ChadiG, try turning off `Bluetooth scanning`, it helped me.

Settings => Location => Wi-Fi and Bluetooth scanning, then turn off `Bluetooth scanning`

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-22 03:23:57 | Show all posts
Any official response for this? I raised a warranty support request and it was closed. I understand there is limited support due to the coronavirus, but that doesn't meant the issue is gone. The fingerprint scanner is missing from the diagnostics page, it's like it doesn't exist. I expect a hardware problem like the connector coming loose.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-22 05:03:20 | Show all posts
The same happened to me, after 2 weeks the fingerprint stopped working and overheated too much. The quality of the calls is very bad and the videos you record do not look good. I am requesting the return of the equipment and they aren’t responding. They even made me pay $ 15 to create a file to retrieve the fingerprint reader which didn't work and they ended up returning my $ 15. It is the most expensive equipment I have bought from UMIDIGI and it is the one that has presented the most problems. I hope that UMIDIGI will be responsible and come out to face and validate the warranty.

My ticket report is TICKET-13728
123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list