144 12494
View: 12494|Reply: 144

UMIDIGI Z1 Pro V1.1_20170804 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-8-8 03:53:05 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V1.1_20170804 (Android 7.0) system software
for UMIDIGI Z1 Pro

Flash tool operation is recommended for experienced users only. Do not use it if you cannot understand the whole process!
UMIDIGI Z1 Pro receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again.

Changelog:
  • Remaining green notificatin LED (when your phone is fully charged and you remove the USB cable) fixed
  • Some display bugs fixed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorials: UMI Forum or androidxda guide or YouTube guide (you can google a lot of other solutions and guides)

ROM: >>>>> 20170804_p15v57c2k_kw_u52a.rar <<<<< - Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6757_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMIDIGI Z1 Pro if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMIDIGI Z1 Pro to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to either the internal memory or the SD card of your phone
  • Go to Settings --> About phone --> Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button at the top right corner and select Local updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Tap Install now, comfirm the process with OK and wait until the process will be finished

Update file for manual OTA update: >>>>> UMIDIGI_Z1_Pro_V1.1_20170804_update.zip <<<<< It can update version 170703 and 170721 only

Optional method (in case if the manual OTA update gets stuck): Install from recovery
You need a microSD card (with at least 4GB capacity) installed in your phone!
  • Copy the ...update.zip file to your SD card
  • Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts in recovery mode. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
  • Here you can see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy and ''No command''.
  • Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release them to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
  • Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
  • On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
  • After a succcessful installation you can read the ''Install from sdcard complete'' message and the receovery menu is available again.
  • Select 'Reboot system now'. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-8 17:09:07 | Show all posts
Unfortunately the camera is still very crappy compared to my old phone! It is using too long exposure time and a very high ISO! This simply can not work! Please optimize asap!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-9 04:43:39 | Show all posts
I agree a little better but not top
 Author| Post time 2017-8-9 13:41:27 | Show all posts
JohnnyElvis replied at 2017-8-8 17:09
Unfortunately the camera is still very crappy compared to my old phone! It is using too long exposur ...

Hi,
I respect your opinion but I don't really understand your reason. In smartphones fixed aparture cameras are used, so in low light conditions the only possibility to set a longer exposure time and/or to set a higher ISO speed. You can set the ISO speed manually in Pro Photo mode.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-9 17:27:57 | Show all posts
My pictures are still awfull on the right of them

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-9 20:53:49 | Show all posts
Hello,
I love the phone very much and the camera is not to bad contrary to what others say. Unfortunately there is one problem with the display which I believe is Software as on boot when the android logo comes up this doesn't happen. The problem is when the display is fully black on low brightness a very noticeable red tinge appear. I use always on AMOLED and it makes it very noticeable when I use the app. If you guys could see if this is Software related and fix it , it would really polish of a already great phone. If you require photos I am more than happy to provide some.
Thanks in Advance,
Aidan

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-9 21:23:43 | Show all posts
Hello!

I took a week with the phone and I'm very happy with everything, except with the camera. With this new update for OTA the camera still works, I have tested the device and it still does not work. The process is that they are not entirely clear. By the way, syncing with Google's backup of all Wifi passwords and applications did not do me, I've already tried to do a "hard reset", but it did not work. If they do not improve the software I will return to Amazon. Forgive me by my English level, I use Google Translate.

Thanks!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-9 21:53:13 | Show all posts
JohnnyElvis replied at 2017-8-9 21:17
Dear Admin,

I bought this phone because if its specs in preorder. If you publish on your website  ...

What are you to expect from a $400 phone? I think this phones camera would be a disappointment if I paid $600+ for the device but for $400, it's definitely worth it.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-9 22:04:02 | Show all posts
KillerGamingBro replied at 2017-8-9 21:53
What are you to expect from a $400 phone? I think this phones camera would be a disappointment if  ...

You made the point! Why should I pay 400USD for a Z1 while older 190USD phones have better camera performance and nearly the same specs if you exclude the RAM size

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-10 04:11:16 | Show all posts
slider replied at 2017-8-10 01:33
I did flash it - its only getting worse !! when i do a video call on whatsapp celluar data is gone - ...

you have to activate "Developer options" by tapping a few times on "Build Number" in the "about phone" section in settings then go into "Developer options" and change "webview implementation" from webview to chrome (you need to install chrome first) and then waze and other webview apps are working.

i hope i could help a little
 Author| Post time 2017-8-11 08:52:39 | Show all posts
slider replied at 2017-8-10 18:10
I reflashed the Z1 pro with a Z ROM by mistake, when i changed it back to the correct ROM the flash  ...

Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. I've already replied you in two other threads.
 Author| Post time 2017-8-11 09:04:34 | Show all posts
cyril replied at 2017-8-10 17:40
Edited by cyril at 2017-8-10 17:43 \n\nHE
hello this is a picture i took today with Z1 pro
https:// ...

The camera software of the Mi5 applies a stronger noise reduction but unfortunately the blurred parts on the right side are caused by the camera lens, so that cannot be made better by software updates.
Beside some other features (and because it's a new model), primarily the twice as much RAM capacity 6GB vs 3GB), the bigger and OLED screen and the significantly bigger battery makes the Z1 Pro more expensive but the Mi5 obviously has a better camera with higher resolution and OIS. So you can't expect the same quality.
 Author| Post time 2017-8-12 04:11:35 | Show all posts
zwakenberg replied at 2017-8-10 23:31
A problem I am having is that whenever I get a call my screen doesn't light up. I only see a black s ...

Go to 'Settings --> Display' and calibrate the proximity sensor by following the instructions.

Comments

Thank you, this fixed my problem  Post time 2017-8-13 23:42
 Author| Post time 2017-8-13 12:26:16 | Show all posts
Oye replied at 2017-8-13 11:50
Signal 2 is non existent & Signal one is now very poor.
Thank you for responding. How do I resolv ...

Maybe your cache partition was near fully loaded and that caused an unexpected error. Unfortunately I cannot test every possible condition. You can recover your orriginal IMEI numbers with the SN Writer Tool.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-18 23:09:54 | Show all posts
the product page states that the Front Touch ID, Unlocks in 0.1-0.3s. But with my Z1 pro it takes about 2 or 3 second to unlock. does this need to be improved in an system update? Or is this something else?

Comments

I have the same 'issue'. It's not really an issue but it's annoying  Post time 2017-8-21 08:23
 Author| Post time 2017-8-21 12:23:08 | Show all posts
Funkfreaker replied at 2017-8-18 23:09
the product page states that the Front Touch ID, Unlocks in 0.1-0.3s. But with my Z1 pro it takes ab ...

The fingerpint unlock doesn't need more than 0.3s to be processed but the screen wake-up needs a longer time. You can try to wake up your phone first with the power button, then use the fingerprint sensor. Later updates might make the screen wake-up faster.

Comments

Thanks for the update, hopefuly a new update wil help some more.  Post time 2017-8-23 00:45
This worked indeed, lets hope the update wakes the screen up faster.  Post time 2017-8-21 18:51
 Author| Post time 2017-8-21 12:28:53 | Show all posts
bluewizard replied at 2017-8-19 20:55
Hi. Where did you get a rom for Android 7.1.1 from?

Hi,
Laza_Laki probably talked about Z Pro, not Z1 Pro. There's no 7.1.1 update available for the Z1 Pro.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-9 21:17:47 | Show all posts
Edited by JohnnyElvis at 2017-8-15 01:31 \n\n
bencebacsi replied at 2017-8-9 13:41
Hi,
I respect your opinion but I don't really understand your reason. In smartphones fixed apartur ...

Dear Admin,

I bought this phone because if its specs in preorder. If you publish on your website "Fast, precise, durable" and "You can expect image quality and rendering power that every photo fanatic deserves from a top-of-the-line phone." I must admit, that this is a lie!

Compared to my old Xiaomi Redmi Pro the focus is very slow and everything else than precise. The noise in the images is awful. The HDR fetaure does not what HDR rendering is supposed to do, it makes the image even worse. I need to take snapshots of moving objects on daily basis, unfortunately this is not possible with the phone at the moment!

So please just deliver what you have promised!

Edit:

The product website also states "With more light absorbed and more clarity, the dual 13MP + 5MP rear camera...". According to "Device Info HW" App the secondary camera has only 0.3MP gc0310 sensor in the back! I am now speachless!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-11 13:02:12 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-8-11 08:52
Please don't ask the same question in multiple threads. I've already replied you in two other thre ...

Just please fix my touchscreen problem ..
 Author| Post time 2017-9-11 10:00:54 | Show all posts
flledo replied at 2017-9-11 07:57
Edited by flledo at 2017-9-11 08:06 \n\nIf someone with the UMIDIGI Z1 PRO wants to do it root with ...

Magisk can root Z1 Pro but it's better to always patch the boot.img present in your current system, don't use a different version, that doesn't match your system. The installation is very simple, so it's better to follow the instructions provided here:  https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/official-magisk-v7-universal-systemless-t3473445
 Author| Post time 2017-9-11 09:28:24 | Show all posts
digiNZM replied at 2017-9-10 17:31
Any chance for beta-testing the Z1 Pro UmiOS? ;)

It's done already, so it's too late for beta testing. I'm waiting for the info about the release date.
EDIT: It's not done yet but a beta testing program will open today.
 Author| Post time 2017-9-7 08:45:58 | Show all posts
Funkfreaker replied at 2017-9-7 03:12
I want to try the sp flash tool. But I am curious if there is an new ROM update in the making for  ...

As far as I know, a UMI OS update is in development for the Z1 Pro but I know nothing certain about it at the moment.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-9-5 03:42:01 | Show all posts
flledo replied at 2017-9-5 02:41
Anyone know anything about the TWRP for the UMIDIGI Z1 PRO?
I've already seen a couple of places whe ...

Compiled a TWRP from the one for the Z1 that appeared on needrom. It's bootable via fastboot if the bootloader is unlocked - it won't start flashed. Working on it

Comments

My Z1 pro fell and I need to by spare parts how and where I do that?  Post time 2018-12-20 01:23
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list