miss catalan language in umi eMax

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits

Warmest Heart UMIDIGIerUMIDIGIer

Post time 2015-9-5 01:41:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi guys,

I've recently buy an eMax and I am surprised becasuse catalan language is missing. It's strange because it is present in umi hammer for example, and I suppose all umi rom's try to be the more similar possible.
Why this decission? Please could it be added in next rom's releases?
Thanks for your responses.

Frank

threads

credits

credits

Author| Post time 2015-9-9 00:55:37 | Show all posts
Please include catalan language in next release! Catalonia will be a new country soon

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2015-9-9 01:32:15 | Show all posts

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-9-9 02:23:57 | Show all posts
Edited by UMIstake at 2015-9-9 02:27 \n\n
Unfortunately, such localizer apps don't add the missing language resources to the firmware, only make it available to set the primary language to a missing one. So, in this case you can set Catalan language, so all apps containing that language will be displayed in Catalan. However, system files won't change and moreover, they will be set to their default language that is English mostly. So if you want Catalan but Spanish is still better then English, the result might be worse. APK Editor can be used for language translation but that needs a really hard work (plus some skills) and it's not always can be processed.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-9-9 02:31:19 | Show all posts
Those lollipop firmwares under development contains even less languages. So the future is not so promising about this issue.

threads

credits

credits

Author| Post time 2015-9-10 18:04:35 | Show all posts
Thanks for your help.
It's actually disappointing that UMI don't make any effort to keep this things so important for his costumers.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2015-9-11 02:03:41 | Show all posts
Hi Frank.
UMI makes a lot of effort for its customers. For one you get a phone which is rooted as standard so you can choose which ROM you wish to install.
You get great tools, like ROOTjoy, to manage your device, and on top of that you also get a great phone!

Of course it can be seen as a disappointment when your particular language isn't available in a specific ROM, but you are free to choose one that does offer your language.
You can, as UMIstake suggests also create your own ROM, but translations do require a bit of a skill.

I know that you Catalans don't have a high opinion of the Spanish...but maybe there is someone in the Spanish forum who can help you with this.

threads

credits

credits

Author| Post time 2015-9-14 15:41:40 | Show all posts
HI Umidaze,

you're wrong.
We catalans have a high opinion of spanish people and we respect his language.

But we love the language of our parents, the language we speak at home. In addition Catalan has ten million speakers, much more that other languages included in eMax android, and I think that is enough important to include it in next release.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list