View: 976|Reply: 3

Are MP4 and MPEG the Same

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-5-11 11:04:43 | Show all posts |Read mode
Mp4 and mpeg4 has familar name, that's why many people get confused about them, are they the same video format? The answer is no. If explained in short terms, we can say the mp4 is a container to store video and audio codecs, subtitles or other data just like mkv, avi while the mpeg is just a standard of video image compression thing. Moreover, it contains 3 video encoder, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and MPEG-4 for video.
MPEG-1: Used on Video CD and SVCD.
MPEG-2: Used on over-the-air digital television ATSC, DVB and ISDB, digital satellite TV services like Dish Network, digital cable television signals, SVCD and DVD Video.
Get more information, just check here: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/free-mpeg-video-converter.html

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-12-4 19:02:19 | Show all posts
My professor asked for my speech video to be in mpeg format. Does he mean an MP4 file in a H.264 format then? I don't know what kind of media management system he uses to check videos, but he needs to hear my speech. Then I will be editing it with the automatic speech to text editor https://pimion.com/buy-speech/ and pay for the whole paper = 300 words.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-12-6 06:13:17 | Show all posts
amazing...

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-12-8 19:12:24 | Show all posts
Some interesting information was written to me in the free essay writing service. There is a difference between MP4 and MPEG4 and it is quite significant. The main difference is that MPEG4 is the method by which the compression of audio and video data is defined. And MP4 is a data storage format. That is, MP4 is intended and used as a container that stores audio and video data. Thus, the statement that Mpeg4 and Mp4 are the same is somewhat incorrect.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list