117 10926
View: 10926|Reply: 117

Power 3 Issue Reporting

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-14 00:46:08 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi, I wanted to make a thread to discuss the (relatively few) issues I have found with the early Power 3 firmware. To other users, please let's keep this to issue reporting and constructive feedback. My experience with Umidigi is that they fix firmware bugs fairly quickly, and I hope they will solve these quickly.

I have seen these issues as of firmware v1.1_20200116:

1) All audio becomes muted periodically. After a time, the phone stops making all sounds.
- Some users are reporting volume restored after connecting a Bluetooth device
- Some users are reporting disabling Google Assistant fixes it
- I am currently trying Google Assistant but without voice to trigger from any screen

2) Lift-to-Wake doesn't work.

3) Can't dismiss "Add another email account" prompt at the top of settings.

4) "Face Unlock" and "DuraSpeed" in settings should have white icons.

Has anyone noticed any other problems, or does anyone have information on fixing these?

To Umidigi, if there is any more information I can provide to you to assist you in fixing these problems, please let me know. I have been an Android developer for over 6 years, I know how hard it is to make perfect firmware. I want this phone to be even more awesome by fixing these things!

- Daniel

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-25 03:42:25 | Show all posts
@jagwaran, try disabling Adaptive Notifications. This problem is not unique to the Power 3, it's been happening on Google Pixel devices and other Android 10 devices as well.

Go to Settings -> Apps & notifications -> Advanced -> Special app access.
Tap Adaptive notifications.
Select "None"

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-5-21 05:13:46 | Show all posts
Edited by jmminke at 2020-5-21 05:16  

I have recently purchased the Power 3 and its a great phone except for 1 issue. Whenever i put the phone on speaker the volume is very low and the reception seems to deteriorate or the sound does. It breaks up and is crackly. If i go back to the phone without the speaker on it seems fine.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-5-16 02:42:48 | Show all posts
Same as others, sound is muffled and low quality. FW 1.3_20200415-1647

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-8-14 01:34:59 | Show all posts
Zizo07 replied at 2020-8-5 22:17
Edited by Zizo07 at 2020-8-5 22:19  

Is there different versions of this phone?

I also purchased a Power 3 recently from Amazon.ca (it was a daily prime deal), and received the phone with the v1.1 firmware (UMIDIGI_Power_3_V1.1_20200319_20200319-0949).  I saw that there were updates to 1.2 and later, but my phone would not find any wireless updates.  I actually logged a ticket with Umidigi Canada (don't ask me where, because it was ridiculously hard to find where to even contact them in the first place), and had a brief dialogue with someone who proceeded to tell me that the firmware version that I had was not a (released) version of the firmware.  I asked if there was any way to flash something newer, or if maybe my phone had a problem, but received no response and the ticket was then closed due to "no response from customer" even though the ticket was in "technician pending" or whatever.

Needless to say, this has not been a fantastic experience and based on what I'm reading online it almost seems that Umidigi has given up on this phone, and anyone who purchased it.  Has anyone had a similar experience?  Is there a way to update the phone?  It works well, even without these updates, but the lack of security updates and the lack of "care" from Umidigi is making me second-think my choice here.

Thanks,
Jay

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-31 01:06:36 | Show all posts
Hello everybody ! I do the new update V1.2 20200328 and now the sound over the speaker become horrible!!! Same sensation when i put the volume in the low statut...what can i do ! May be a bug ? Do you know this problem ? Does someone have this same problem ?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-15 14:32:53 | Show all posts
Maybe it is just mine but I have random reboots on the Power 3. It seems to happen more often if network is enabled. 4G or Wifi. Tried to take a look at logs but no clue.

Anyone experiencing reboots like this?

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2020-2-16 00:37:32 | Show all posts
I have not experienced any reboots, so I wonder if that's something to do with the network in your area?

Updating with my current observations, turning off "ok Google" from any screen does indeed fix the volume problem. Also, my friend recalled having the same problem on a Samsung device before, so it's almost certainly something that has been fixed before and just needs to be updated to work better with Android 10.

Lift-to-wake works every once in a while but it's very inconsistent.

Settings are no longer prompting me to set up another account, but instead to "customize my Pixel". Considering the Power 3 is not, in fact, a Pixel, I think this is rather funny, and probably something that Google accidentally left in.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-16 21:54:47 | Show all posts
Hello, I just received my Umidigi power 3 and I have the same sound problems as you. I tried to reinstall several times, with and without recovery of the datas (I thought that one of my applications was crashing). But no success, the sound cuts off randomly.
I returned my first phone thinking it had a technical problem but the new one does exactly the same!
I will try to disable "OK google" to see if that solves the problem.

Another problem: I cannot save my configuration, I have "backup" activated but the "save now" box is grayed out.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-19 11:02:47 | Show all posts
lostpanda replied at 2020-2-16 19:30
Following issues with my device:
1. Sound problem - goes mute unpredictably (plugging in headphone j ...

Hi lostpanda,

3. Cant remove "Add another email account" from settings.
Is this currently "Customize your Pixel" ?
Check out omniuni's post on February 16, 2020.

4. Sometimes, some flickering lines in the screen. The entire screen doesnt flicker.
Take a screenshot.
If you don't see flickering lines in the screenshot, it's a hardware problem.

6. Sound level - its too low i think. Another can confirm if they feel the same.
I feel loud enough and rather large.
UMIDIGI Power 3 has the ability to enhance volume. Make sure it is not turned off.

Settings > Sound > Advanced > Sound enhancement > BesLoudness

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-9-28 05:16:39 | Show all posts
It happens to me too. And with the WA audios the same. It's the broken software that these unpresentables don't fix.
Umidigi is crap.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-14 18:44:56 | Show all posts
Edited by e36598urhencom at 2020-2-14 18:59  

Good job, omniuni.

I use an app called Twilight, but 'Accessibility Service' is turned off occasionally.
And, I use an app called MacroDroid too, though infrequent, turns off 'Accessibility Service' at irregular intervals.

This problem did not occur with UMIDIGI Power.

I have not found a solution to this problem...

--
Firmware version: UMIDIGI Power 3 V1.1_20200116
Screenshot_20200214-195203.png

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2020-2-15 05:35:19 | Show all posts
I too face all the issue mentioned above and thanks for creating this thread.

I see no option to disable vibration for finger print unlocking. I mostly use finger print unlock to wake the phone to see if there is any notifications and every time it vibrates which is annoying.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-16 19:30:05 | Show all posts
1. Sound problem - goes mute unpredictably (plugging in headphone jack resolves it temporarily).
2. Grid size of desktop icon can not be reduced.
3. Cant remove "Add another email account" from settings.
4. Sometimes, some flickering lines in the screen. The entire screen doesnt flicker.
5. Sound quality - Can UMIDIGI provide Audio FX as it was available in umidigi crystal pro.
6. Sound level - its too low i think. Another can confirm if they feel the same.

But without any doubts, screen quality and responsiveness is awesome.

threads

credits

Non- Vertification

credits
Post time 2020-2-16 19:41:26 | Show all posts
lostpanda replied at 2020-2-16 19:30
1. Sound problem - goes mute unpredictably (plugging in headphone j ...

I have the sound problem as well but it seems to be random.
How do you turn off OK Google?
I don't use it so would not miss it and prefer sounds to work.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-16 21:51:41 | Show all posts
pdc95th replied at 2020-2-16 19:41
I have the sound problem as well but it seems to be random.
How do you turn off OK Google?
I don't ...

ask google how to turn off "ok google", it will explain you how to do

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-2-16 22:02:29 | Show all posts
what is "lift to wake" ?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list