18 5993
View: 5993|Reply: 18

UMIDIGI X V1.0_20190925_V3.05 ROM - SPFT release

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-10-10 20:00:14 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool release of the
V1.0_20190925_V3.05 system software
for UMIDIGI X

Flash tool operation is recommended to experienced users only. If you are not yet an experienced flash tool user, please carefully read the flash tool tutorial before proceeding, and strictly follow each instruction.

Except if an authorized or responsible expert directly asked you to do that,
never format the flash chip of your device or you instantly lose your warranty!

UMIDIGI X receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again. Moreover, flashing with SPFT is the only option to repair (replace) damaged system software.

Changelog:
First release for manufacturing

FOTA version: UMIDIGI_X_V1.0_20190912_20190925-1921

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorial: http://bit.ly/SPFTguide

Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6765_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it (if your computer is connected to the internet) or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMIDIGI X if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMIDIGI X to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-10-15 23:02:58 | Show all posts
Edited by droidone at 2019-10-15 23:05  

Edited by droidone at 2019-10-15 23:04  

Another bug is that battery info is never avalibale, and phone has a battery drain, it wates about 1.5% per hour when locked, so it doesnt enter DeepSleep:

_20191015_095406.png

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-10-12 06:21:55 | Show all posts
Inscreen fingerprint does not show in any app or when needed for authentication.
Only works for unlocking screen.

Needs to be fixed a.s.a.p. to make this phone usable.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-10-12 00:52:48 | Show all posts
The only major bug with this first rom is that the fingerprint sensor fails a lot, the AOD display wastes too much battery, and it should more settings, like showing battery level.

Also when you change the default launcher you lose the AOD.

The screen is very large, a one hand mode should be implemented

In the other hand the rom runs very very fast, it doesnt feel laggy

I really hope they dont forget about this Phone, and they keep impriving the rom

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-10-12 02:03:39 | Show all posts
Hi all
My fingerprint work good but my apps do not show it and I can not use my digital finger print to open it.... the option in setting where you can enabled the named "display screen fingerprint" supposed to display the fingerprint when youflip the phone or tap the screen do not work. My applications do not show me the fingerprint scan and I can not use it to open it... any idea about that will be welcome...

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-10-12 08:55:46 | Show all posts
Its so strange to sell a phone with a big bug like this... When you configure your finger you get a warning that your apps can use it to run but they can not !!!! Frankly Umidigi you not serious...

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2019-10-13 00:41:09 | Show all posts
Umidigi we need the security patch for S3 Pro, android 10, Bokeh camera app enhancements and HDR.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-10-13 21:30:31 | Show all posts
WiFi 5Ghz AND 2.4 are unstable too and disconnect often with no reconnection. I have to reconnect every time from 5Ghz to 2.4 or 2.4 to 5 many time ... an other known issue or bug ? Remember this phone is just sold now october 2019 !!! ...  woooooo

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-10-16 04:14:47 | Show all posts
On top of the issues already mentioned with the fingerprint reader my phone was unable to connect to my A5 Pro to transfer configuration info and user data during setup. I had to restore my configuration from the A5 Pro's backup stored on my Google Drive.

Also there was a spec of dust when the screen protector was applied to my phone at the factory so I'm stuck with a black dot surrounded by a white aura where the protector doesn't make contact on the screen. I'll fix that but that's pretty poor quality assurance. If you're gonna screw up applying the screen protector maybe let the user do it.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-10-19 08:27:28 | Show all posts
UMIDIGI X is dung with too many bugs.
UMIDIGI X fingerprint authentication is the worst device I have ever used.
Please eliminate bugs.
-Applications are frequently closed
-If the display resolution is changed, the fingerprint authentication position will be misaligned.
-Dark mode cannot be used.
-There are no settings for multiple users.
12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list