View: 1517|Reply: 32

UMIDIGI S3 Pro (EU) V1.0_20190708 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-7-6 02:45:20 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V1.0_20190708 system software
for UMIDIGI S3 Pro
(European version)

Flash tool operation is recommended to experienced users only. If you are not yet an experienced flash tool user, please carefully read the flash tool tutorial before proceeding, and strictly follow each instruction.

Except if an authorized or responsible expert directly asked you to do that,
never format the flash chip of your device or you instantly lose your warranty!

UMIDIGI S3 Pro receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again. Moreover, flashing with SPFT is the only option to repair (replace) damaged system software.

Changelog:
  • Touch screen freezing issue fixed
  • New Camera app stability improved, Pro mode added, shutter sound switch added, shutter speed control improved
  • Geekbench low CPU score issue fixed
  • Status bar battery display bug fixed
  • Proximity sensor calibration bug fixed

The system will show UMIDIGI_S3_Pro_V1.0_20190522 as Build number after this update but the real version is V1.0_20190708
FOTA version: UMIDIGI_S3_Pro.E_V1.0_20190522_20190708-0919

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorial: http://bit.ly/SPFTguide

Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6771_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it (if your computer is connected to the internet) or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMIDIGI S3 Pro if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMIDIGI S3 Pro to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal storage of your phone
  • Go to Settings --> System --> --> Advanced --> About phone --> Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button in the top right corner and select Local Updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Select INSTALL NOW, then OK in the Warning window. Your phone reboots into recovery, the update gets installed, then your phone boots into Android. Your updated system is ready to use.

Update file for manual OTA update:
It can update version 20190606 only

Optional method (in case if the manual OTA update gets stuck): Install from recovery
You need a microSD card (with at least 4GB capacity) installed in your phone!
  • Copy the ...update.zip file to your SD card.
  • Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts (the boot screen is displayed), then immeduately release the power button and keep only the vol-up button pressed until your phone boots into recovery. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
  • Here you can see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy and 'No command'.
  • Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release first the vol-up button to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
  • Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
  • On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
  • After a succcessful installation you can read the ''Install from sdcard complete'' message and the receovery menu is available again.
  • Select 'Reboot system now'. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2019-7-6 05:20:46 | Show all posts
The fingerprint log in didn't work on the apps I have it set on for security. I had to delete and redo the fingerprint in security settings to get it to work again.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 16:08:18 | Show all posts
Edited by dragan at 2019-7-9 01:35  

Hello I am in Germany I have s3 since new firmware, my phone is just scrap, update could not make mobile phone to the end batery true 98%. mobile phone can no longer be reset to factory settings, after the start everything is still there delete app also no longer possible. with pc new firmware update also not possible everything again the old, with ota ict that also all again old. if you need video i post it on youtube in amazon I have bought and say in the case of firmware no garanti who think that I have done that. And now my € 290 is just scrap, thanks in advance and I hope you have a rescue for me.................
hallo ich bin in deutschland ich habe s3 seit neue firmware ist meine handy nur noch schrott, update konnte handy nicht zu ende machen batery wahr 98%. handy lässt sich nicht mehr auf werkseinstellung zurücksetzen, nach dem start ist immer noch alles da app löschen auch nicht mehr möglich. mit pc neue firmware update auch nicht möglich alles wieder das alte, mit ota ist auch alles wieder alt, bei amazon habe ich gekauft und die sagen im falle von firmware keine garanti, die meinen das ich das gemacht haben. und jetzt ist meine 290€ nur noch schrott , danke im voraus und ich hoffe , dass sie für mich eine rettung haben

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 18:13:25 | Show all posts
Edited by Croquette at 2019-7-7 18:17  
dragan replied at 2019-7-7 16:08
Hello I am in Germany I have s3 since new firmware, my phone is just scrap, update could not make mo ...

Hello, my S3 Pro is also just good for scrap since the last update. I wrote a more detailed message in the other thread about the global version of the update.

I downgraded it and tried every possible & previous official S3 Pro rom without any result. Downgrading the phone doesn't change anything. It seems that the latest update affected the phone on a higher level.
I bought it 289€ including shipping to France from a german warehouse of Amazon Europe.

Since the 30 days purchase protection from Amazon is over for me, I am f*cked. Naturally, since the item was sold by UMIDIGI and shipped by Amazon, Amazon Europe will not honor the legal European warranty in the name of Umidigi.

So don't worry, you are not alone !  

I contacted the UMIDIGI technical service and I'm waiting for their reply.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 20:37:34 | Show all posts
Edited by elijames at 2019-7-15 22:49  

Hi, still no reply for you guys ?
Cause I contacted the support too and I had nothing.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-7 21:09:02 | Show all posts
elijames replied at 2019-7-7 20:37
Hi, still no reply for you guys ?
Cause I contacted the support too and I had nothing

No reply, but we have to remember that today is Sunday, so nothing out of the ordinary

I am convinced that UMIDIGI will soon provide us with solutions to the major issues caused by the latest update.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 02:27:02 | Show all posts
Hello,
I checked my s3 pro by wireless update and i didn't receive newest update from this month July, why? What's wrong? I have EU version.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 02:36:37 | Show all posts
MatthewMatiP replied at 2019-7-8 02:27
Hello,
I checked my s3 pro by wireless update and i didn't receive newest update from this month Jul ...

There is a serious risk that your touch screen becomes totally unresponsive if you install this update.

Consequently, I think that you are lucky.

You should wait for the next update and flash it manually using the instructions provided in the first post of this thread.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 02:48:48 | Show all posts
Thank you for advise, but probably newest update is better than previous update.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-8 02:56:55 | Show all posts
And my touch screen seems works well, i have update from June.
1234Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list