67 1521
View: 1521|Reply: 67

UMIDIGI S3 Pro V1.0_20190706 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2019-7-6 02:37:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V1.0_20190706 system software
for UMIDIGI S3 Pro

Flash tool operation is recommended to experienced users only. If you are not yet an experienced flash tool user, please carefully read the flash tool tutorial before proceeding, and strictly follow each instruction.

Except if an authorized or responsible expert directly asked you to do that,
never format the flash chip of your device or you instantly lose your warranty!

UMIDIGI S3 Pro receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again. Moreover, flashing with SPFT is the only option to repair (replace) damaged system software.

Changelog:
  • Touch screen freezing issue fixed
  • New Camera app stability improved, pro mode added, shutter sound switch added, shutter speed control improved
  • Geekbench low CPU score issue fixed
  • Status bar battery display bug fixed
  • Proximity sensor calibration bug fixed

The system will show UMIDIGI_S3_Pro_V1.0_20190522 as Build number after this update but the real version is V1.0_20190706
FOTA version: UMIDIGI_S3_Pro_V1.0_20190522_20190706-2215

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorial: http://bit.ly/SPFTguide

Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6771_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it (if your computer is connected to the internet) or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMIDIGI S3 Pro if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMIDIGI S3 Pro to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to the internal storage of your phone
  • Go to Settings --> System --> --> Advanced --> About phone --> Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button in the top right corner and select Local Updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Select INSTALL NOW, then OK in the Warning window. Your phone reboots into recovery, the update gets installed, then your phone boots into Android. Your updated system is ready to use.

Update file for manual OTA update:
It can update version 20190606 only

Optional method (in case if the manual OTA update gets stuck): Install from recovery
You need a microSD card (with at least 4GB capacity) installed in your phone!
  • Copy the ...update.zip file to your SD card.
  • Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts (the boot screen is displayed), then immeduately release the power button and keep only the vol-up button pressed until your phone boots into recovery. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
  • Here you can see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy and 'No command'.
  • Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release first the vol-up button to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
  • Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
  • On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
  • After a succcessful installation you can read the ''Install from sdcard complete'' message and the receovery menu is available again.
  • Select 'Reboot system now'. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 4 Day Before | Show all posts
alexgt replied at 2019-7-12 23:36
Al detectar conexion de internet, comenzara a bajar la ultima acualizacion. No debes tener problem ...

Hola gracias por la rapida respuesta, soy de argentina, lo compre en DealExtreme.
Justo un amigo compro en el mismo lugar el F1 Play y lo veo bastante conforme sin problema alguno.
Por eso mismo me decidi por el S3 Pro, bueno espero que llegue el update en el telefono sin tener que flashear.
Veo que hay bastante gente disconforme con distintos problemas. Yo sin tener el telefono creo que el unico problema que le vi es que no tenga LED de notificaciones o que la pantalla en bloqueo te muestre algo.
Aunque se puede solucionar con algun smartwatch, estaba viendo el umidigi uwatch2, esta en muy buen precio y solucionaria parte del problema

threads

credits

credits
Post time 5 Day Before | Show all posts
nicomza21 replied at 2019-7-12 22:56
Hola que tal? no se si alguien habla español por aca
Acabo de adquirir un Umidigi s3 Pro, me llegar ...

Al detectar conexion de internet, comenzara a bajar la ultima acualizacion. No debes tener problemas. Aqui hay varios usuarios muy molestos con la compañia, pero mi experiencia con umidigi ha sido normal: Buen producto a buen precio. Yo sugiero que no hagas caso y en todo caso, si tuvieras algun problema, utilizar los condutcos adecuados para ejercer una garantia. De donde eres?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-6 03:29:32 | Show all posts
I updated to this version and I cant find the PRO or HDR mode in the camera app.
Can you tell me where it can be found?

Also what was the status bar battery bug? I cant find the option to switch it from numeral percentage to a graphic bar.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-6 07:21:19 | Show all posts
Continua os defeitos;
A câmera continua a mesma coisa, o whatsapp continua com a câmera bugada devido ao no app, o erro de tradução para português e o novo aplicativo da the bokeh continua fechando o aplicativo bug da bateria ainda continua.
Melhorias;
Erro de som de alarme padrão corrigido, nenhum toque de campainha repetido, novos sons para toques melhorados.
 Author| Post time 2019-7-6 11:18:33 | Show all posts
Hammerjoe replied at 2019-7-6 03:29
I updated to this version and I cant find the PRO or HDR mode in the camera app.
Can you tell me whe ...

You can find special modes like the Pro mode after selecting the quad-rectangular icon in the top right corner. HDR mode is still available only in the old camera app, that's why we still kept both camera apps.The battery percentage was not displayed on some devices.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-6 11:29:36 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
Updated earlier today.
removed ext sdcard ,to avoid " recovery error ".
No problem otherwise
Thank You
 Author| Post time 2019-7-6 11:29:38 | Show all posts
Rafael_Hongaro replied at 2019-7-6 07:21
Continua os defeitos;
A câmera continua a mesma coisa, o whatsapp continua com a câmera bugada de ...

You should flash this version with SP Flash Tool in 'Firmware Upgrade' mode. I can't reproduce any of your issues.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-6 12:49:10 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2019-7-6 11:18
You can find special modes like the Pro mode after selecting the quad-rectangular icon in the top r ...

Hello admin, I have updated my device and battery status is not displayed. But this firmware is used only for S3 pro global version. Why, the same s3 pro, some devices are displayed and some are not??

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-6 13:16:52 | Show all posts
I have the S3 Pro, And am currently enjoying the device the new update fixed my touch screen issue thank you UMIDIGI team! In the United States btw. Also are there plans to add HDR to the new camera app. And how much longer will we have to wait for it to be implemented into the camera software.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-6 13:21:55 | Show all posts
I'd also like to report an issue, I have had is when playing music over blutooth it sometimes skips or cuts out. I can confirm it's something wrong with S3 pro's blutooth as with my other smartphone it streams music over blutooth fine without issues.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-7-6 17:05:17 | Show all posts
Ghost26 replied at 2019-7-6 13:21
I'd also like to report an issue, I have had is when playing music over blutooth it sometimes skips  ...

I have the same problem since the beginning. I get these skips with my car bluetooth as well as with bluetooth headphones. I didn't have it with previous phone (different brand) so I guess this comes from S3 Pro.
1234567Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list