View: 1346|Reply: 2

Android 7.0 Nougat

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-8-4 14:07:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

The Android version on my Umi London is presently 6.0. Will I be able to install Android 7.0 Nougat? If yes, when and how?

Thanks for your help &
Best regards,

fab

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-12-19 10:59:25 | Show all posts
my phone is dead need help plz
need rom for umi london 16GB storge

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-11-25 16:36:15 | Show all posts
Edited by Devabhai at 2019-11-26 12:11  

Hello everyone,,
I hope there is a way to disable the old implicit broadcasts for apps that don't update to use the Jobscheduler API. if it breaks an app, that's a red flag and i'm uninstalling it and finding a replacement that wants to make sure i have the best possible experience and battery life. The N previews have been out for months, no excuses to be running outdated methods.

For those skimming, i'm referring to this section

Nougat still uses JobScheduler API, which was added in Android 5.0 to be a sort of traffic cop for background tasks. Rather than having an app wake up the phone on its own timeline to perform a background task, apps put in a request to the JobScheduler. Requests from multiple apps are batched up into a bust of background activity. This lets the phone stay idle for longer periods of time, which is key to saving battery power. JobScheduler also encourages delaying non-critical background work until the phone is idle, plugged-in, and on Wi-Fi, when the device has unlimited power and data.
100001.onl/        1921681254.mx/ acc.onl/hotmail
The old way for apps to react to system changes and launch background tasks were with "Implicit" (or system-wide) Broadcasts. When a device connected to Wi-Fi, for instance, a blast went out to every app on the system to announce the change. Any app that wanted to wake up and do something with the Wi-Fi connection could do so. Every app was free to do this all at once, so it often led to a low-memory situation and, if the device was being used, poor performance. If your apps are a big crowd waiting for Wi-Fi, the more recent JobScheduler API has them form an orderly line, while the old system-wide broadcast method was more of a stampede.

While JobScheduler is The Right Way to create a background tasks, the old broadcast system still exists for backward compatibility.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list