UMIDIGI COMMUNITY Portal Blog UMI SUPER View content

After 4 weeks, what suprised experience UMi Super will take to you?

2016-8-3 20:31| publisher: UMIadmin| Views: 2295| Comment: 16

Summary: After 4 weeks, what suprised experience UMi Super will take to you?EFor a lot of companies, releasing a new phone is the end point of launching a new device. However, for us here at UMi, it is where t ...

After 4 weeks, what suprised experience UMi Super will take to you?

EFor a lot of companies, releasing a new phone is the end point of launching a new device. However, for us here at UMi, it is where the journey starts. From producing the phone, to constantly working on the software, to releasing OTAs as often as possible -- it is all a part of a rather wonderful journey.

A few weeks back, we launched the UMi Super. It is the best phone we have made to date, period. However, we have been constantly striving to make it even better. We have already released a multitude of OTAs to ensure a smooth experience to the thousands of users of the UMi Super.

After taking feedback from over 30,000 smartphone users, more than 140 iterations of our ROMs, we’ve enabled the UMi Super to have even better battery life, camera and GPS performance, among other updates. Don’t believe it? Have a look in this video where we compare it with the iPhone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yvb-XB3LBu4

super.jpg

UMi Super Specifications:

• Mediatek flagship-grade CPU - Helio P10

• SAMSUNG® 4GB RAM LPDDR3

• Panasonic® 13MP Camera

• SONY® 4000mAh, PE+ Quick Charge

• FOXCONN® USB Type-C

• SHARP® 2.5D Sunlight screen 5.5inch

• Google® Android 6.0

Comment

Latest Comments

quote rizwanali8744 2019-10-17 17:02
From producing the phone, to constantly working on the software, to releasing OTAs as often as possible -- it is all a part of a rather wonderful journey. https://periodictable.me/
quote arianapham 2018-8-25 15:03
Wonderful article, thanks for putting this together! This is obviously one great post.     
https://foodrecipes.cooking/chicken-salad-recipe
quote ssnuno1 2017-6-14 20:35
I everyone.
I've my Umi Super only for 2 weeks, didn't upgrade to Nougat and so far no big problems... only a odd fact,
when I put it to charge (with original umi charger and suposed fast charge) the first 30-40% charge gets around 50ºC of temperature lying in the table, with all the apps stopped, wifi off, bt off, gps of... EVERYTHING OFF.
That is not normal. I wonder if that's not the reason for some mencioned issues with battery swelling.
Its well known that high temperatures is very harmfull to batteries.....
quote Ferns 2017-2-22 09:19
I had bought 2 UMI SUPER phones, one in November 2016 and one in December 2016. The one from December 2016 worked only for 2 weeks and then took 10 to 15 hours to charge the 50% battery.  i returned that for refund as it was within 45 days warranty.  The one from November was charging from 50% battery life in one hour until now.  This week, after 3 months of usage find it takes 6 to 7 hours to charge.  My friends were looking to buy UMI.  I have asked them not to buy any UMI products until this problem is resolved.  Have not used GPS, However the photos are better than my Blackberry Q10.
I have upgraded to Android 7 and have no major issues other than to clear Cache on some of the apps.
Would like UMI to resolve battery issues asap. Thanks
All said and done I LIKE THIS PHONE FOR THE STYLE AND SCREEN SIZE.
In life we get what we pay for.  $ 800 IPhone Vs $ 200 UMI.  I prefer UMI with minor problems.
I do not mind even replacing my returned phone with another UMI if they give me a 25 % rebate on the new phone.
Any comments from UMI?????
quote noelport 2016-11-3 20:03
I'm not sure  whether it was the latest update or not, but my Super is not working right. Wireless turns off a few seconds after I turn it on, The Data connection comes on automatically even after I turn it off, the brightness sensor keeps turning my mobile to dim even though I turn it off. The sound is hardly audible, etc. There are so many problems, I could fill this page if I continue. Please UMI Administrators correct all of the bugs and provide a new update. Otherwise, you are going to loose all of your present and future customers.
quote UMISuper2016 2016-10-23 00:09
I had to restore the firmware of June 2016 to solve a problem of audio input almost absent with Bluetooth connection in the car after the update of September 2016 (23). For the rest excellent phone, too bad for this inconvenience
quote dilip9892 2016-8-31 19:07
Camera problem should be solved on urgent basis....n voLTE upgrade also needed rght now plz looks after it and plz try to give high volume in speker in next ota upgrades...thanks
quote drorsm 2016-8-21 03:36
So many bugs
What a nerve to compare their unchecked product with an iphone ???
gps - not working
BT - +-+-+-
and so on
quote drorsm 2016-8-21 03:33
The "Super" is full of bugs
The GPS jumps - can't use it
very very disappointing - don't throw your money to the garbage !!!
quote mtech 2016-8-11 07:48
Please fix this camera problem at least.
quote rotarda 2016-8-11 03:16
The Umi Super makes photos exactly as shown above - colors are lake, especially blue is missing even with the blue sky. Everything else works OK, including 4G and GPS. Still, camera has to be
quote AMK 2016-8-8 19:53
It seems 1st picture contains photos vice versa
quote ciccios 2016-8-8 19:47
what about a W.W. recall on Umi Super or a special offer of ALMOST 50% discount (of the best price today on website) for a new device (with all website spec. working)?
quote ciccios 2016-8-5 05:16
I'm sure you're working for us, but i think you can do something more....
Sorry but this video doesn't show anything.
I'm sure that my previous 8mpx phone makes better pics.
The gps find a lot of satellites (more than 10 with great coverage) but when I look at a map my position jump ....
The 3G and 4G antenna is very poor, often in my house I have no line where I can call with my previous cheaper phone.
The battery life is about 8h with the Wi-Fi on. to disconnect the Wi-Fi you've to enter and modify, every time, the battery saving mode.
Thanks for your time
quote raffaele.stea 2016-8-4 19:46
and still very bad camera.
quote vin63 2016-8-4 14:45
and GPS problems!!!!

View All Comments(16)

Forums
FACEBOOK