UMIDIGI COMMUNITY Portal Blog SUPER View content

UMi Super's 3rd OTA pushed: Super Amoled Style ultra saving mode applied

2016-7-14 03:10| publisher: bencebacsi| Views: 5232| Comment: 24

Summary: UMi Super's 3rd OTA pushed: Super Amoled Style ultra saving mode applied, Improved camera performance, Optimized GPS accuracy

UMi Super's 3rd OTA pushed!

Super Amoled Style ultra saving mode is here on the SUPER!

Battery life was one of the major attributions that enjoyed top priority at Chinese smartphone makers in 2015. Through the past years battery capacities have become larger, the charging faster and the processors more energy-efficient in a wide range to give you the possibility of the longest and most complex usage through the day.

UMi Super comes with a 4000mAh battery + quick charging technology to catch people’s desires.  And UMi continues to improve the software to achieve as the best as possible.

Here are the first 6 new features and benefits that the UMi Super 3rd OTA update offers you:

New feature! Super Amoled Style ultra saving mode

No.1 mode: Intelligent - Automatic enhancement of the battery life as shown by the figure.

IMG_20160712_204154_858.jpg

No.2 mode: Marath - Super AMOLED style ultra saving mode

Once this function is activated, it will turn your display to black and keeps on only “Phone calling”, “Text message” and check “Phone book” to let the minimum power flow away!

No.3 mode: Sleep - Disable all network functions (calls, SMS, WLAN and mobile data services), except for alarm clock.

No.4 mode: My mode - Customize your own power saving mode.

Automatically save the status of your daily use. That's also possible to make the settings by your needs.

No.5 mode: Battery saver - If you enable this function, it can switch profiles when the battery is low.

No.6 mode: Schedule profile switch - If you activate this mode, it can switch battery profiles at scheduled times.

Further improvements in this update:

Improved camera performance
UMi Super uses a 13MP camera by Panasonic that provides high-speed operation and great low light imaging while other phones focus on performing well in the daytime only.
Again with the new optimized software the auto-focus speed is even faster than in the first version. The photo resolution is also improved.

Optimized GPS accuracy

After the successful launch of UMi Super, our snap deal in July will offer you a great deal to buy another one if you own one already. Our lucky draw might help you to win a UMi Super for free.

Take part now! http://www.umidigi.com/page-umi_super.html

Comment

Latest Comments

quote finaine1 2020-8-19 15:20
The ultra saving mode applied, the great services and including the essential objectives with us, thanks for making more info. I know about https://resumecompaniesreview.com/ site and preparing for more essay reviews and more resume info.
quote akatrolia 2018-2-21 14:38
unable to switch on my phone pls help.
quote noelport 2016-11-3 20:11
I'm not sure  whether it was the latest update or not, but my Super is not working right. Wireless turns off a few seconds after I turn it on, The Data connection comes on automatically even after I turn it off, the brightness sensor keeps turning my mobile to dim even though I turn it off. The sound is hardly audible, etc. There are so many problems, I could fill this page if I continue. Please UMI Administrators correct all of the bugs and provide a new update. Otherwise, you are going to loose all of your present and future customers.
quote ocv1269 2016-8-15 23:41
This Update ROM contains secured boot images (locked/Unroot) for Banking Apps ??? (ex. Entrust OTP .. etc)  Is too important resolved that issue.
quote GlennVandendijk 2016-8-12 04:46
OzBlueDragon: From reading all these comments I"m not keen to do the latest OTA Update! I've tried 5 times to do the wireless update and every time it says FAI ...
I ahd the same, Try removing the SD and SIM card. It worked fine for me afterwards. Hope it helped.
quote megabor 2016-8-5 17:17
The fingerprint reader has worked, and I wanted to reset deleted, but you can not! This can be szoftware error? Wait for the next update, or to complain?
quote AbouHaRga 2016-7-30 14:33
GPS good
Disconnect Wifi and take time to connect again
Battery Drain before this update it was good
quote kaneda 2016-7-29 21:58
this is not possible de play normally on Pokemon Go with the UMI Super because of the GPS...
So is it possible de solve the GPS Problem with the next update or is it a hardware problem?
quote caengourou 2016-7-28 16:22
I don't know if it is linked to this ROM but my microphone doesn't work when I am calling... but works well with what's ap or skype. I need your help...
quote alvsropensado 2016-7-24 23:57
I think that the settings buttton should be a miultitasking button, because I think that more useful. And also I have the sensation that the battery endures less
quote Semy 2016-7-19 19:34
The most important things STILL to be done:
- Draining the battery for WiFi
- The quality of GPS positioning
- The quality of pictures taken by the camera
quote OzBlueDragon 2016-7-19 11:51
From reading all these comments I"m not keen to do the latest OTA Update!
I've tried 5 times to do the wireless update and every time it says FAILED! with a dead Android on the screen!
Please let us know if you will do a review of this update ASAP.
Thanks
quote CaptainTom 2016-7-18 17:52
I don't see any improvement in GPS reception - the best accurancy I can achieve when standing still is 19ft which is significantly worse than my Oppo Find 7a(9ft) and SGS3(12ft). And ofcourse I am not using the UMI's plastic hard-cover because it is jamming signal quite a bit(can't get a fix with it attached).

Camera focusing is faster than before however the picture quality is same as before, which means poor(both of my other phones take much better photos). The only thing that improved on the photos is that these are not so dark as before.

Wi-Fi battery drain - as experienced by many other users, once switched ON, wi-fi will keep consuming battery no matter if it is in use or not(on/off). That is quite a significant issue as it stands for 27% - 30% of the total consumption. So many people are complaining about this but UMI stays quiet about it and gives no advice except bence who suggest to factory-reset the device after updating. Mind you I don't find that a good solution - losing ...
quote kaneda 2016-7-18 03:12
bencebacsi: Your ide will be considered. It depends of the possibility of the hardware.
Thanks a lot for your answer :)
I hope it's possible to do it, it will be very nice!
also if the speed of the blink circle can be set, depend of the types of notifications or it can be set as we want,
for example: 3 or 4 types will be enough "slow pulse blink (the one we have now)" ,  "quick pulse blink" , "flash blink (no pulse just blink)" and "no blink (just light circle on)" but for the "no blink" possibility to set the intensity of light...

Sorry maybe I ask to much (hahaha ^_^)  but I think this is a good smartphone with many possibility of design and option with this light circle so I just communicate my ideas.
this is the Smartphone of "Tron universe" ^^
quote dejvocko 2016-7-17 03:36
GPS without any improvement, Camera as well!!!!!!!!
quote bencebacsi 2016-7-16 10:40
Drakaliham: Since the last OTA there is a clear issue with battery drawning. The main problem is that WIFI consumes even when it is switched off. And this drain t ...
I suggest you to process a factory data reset after the FOTA update and try to test your phone again. You can go back to an earlier version by flashing it with SP Flash tool but we don't recommend that. You also can flash the latest version with SP Flash Tool, that might give the best result. Link: http://goo.gl/BIeo5f
quote bencebacsi 2016-7-16 10:37
kaneda: is that possible to make the "tap light circle" to wake up the phone? (or double tap the circle) that will be so nice! cause always the refl ...
Your idea will be considered. It depends on the possibilities given by the hardware.
quote kaneda 2016-7-16 06:10
is that possible to make the "tap light circle" to wake up the phone? (or double tap the circle)
that will be so nice! cause always the reflex to tap it when the light is blinking for messages...
so it look's logical to make it like that...
quote Drakaliham 2016-7-15 21:07
Since the last OTA there is a clear issue with battery drawning. The main problem is that WIFI consumes even when it is switched off. And this drain the battery much faster than before.
Is it possible go back to the previous version?
Will this problem be fixed?
Thanks
quote mtech 2016-7-15 14:45
To the Umi team, I really appreciate the work being done with these updates and the fixes being implemented and improved. My concern is still present however with the performance of the Umi Super's camera. The processing leaves images and videos dull in color and I believe this has to do with software as the camera's specifications are pretty good. This camera's pictures and video really fall behind some of the phones in the same price range. I hope that you guys take this into consideration and fix this problem or at the least improve it. Thanks to the Umi team from a customer!

View All Comments(24)

Forums
FACEBOOK