Author: cxl

Umidigi C-Note Screen Repair ? [Screen cracked]

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-6 15:53:52 | Show all posts
Hi all,
hello, can you just replace the glass or am I also obliged to change the lcd?
on aliexpress I only find glass + lcd
Thanks
Andrea
Post time 2017-10-9 00:10:00 | Show all posts
andymilano replied at 2017-10-6 15:53
Hi all,
hello, can you just replace the glass or am I also obliged to change the lcd?
on aliexpress  ...

Of course you can replace only digitizer with glass (OGS) but cost and hassles to do this are to high so I would recommend replace whole unit glass + digitizer + LCD.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-13 15:23:27 | Show all posts
Hi,

sorry to bring up an older thread.

I cracked my screen and bought a new one. Before I start, I wanted to ask if anyone has experience in changing the screen yet? I found a video of C note 2 being taken apart, but the video oddly skipped the part, where the screen was removed (who knows why).

Is the glue tough? I once "fixed" a Samsung galaxy ace 4, and they had smeared s**tloads of glue on an aluminium plate, which then bent just a bit, but it was enough for it to keep pushing the screen out some, 0,2mm all the time. I would not want to go through that again.

I know there are two screws around the usb-port. Is the lowest end of the phone the first that comes off.Fixing old Nokia and MS phones, there was one corner that would pop off really easily, which was pretty amazing design.

If you could share any experience at all, it would be nice

-T--
Post time 2018-2-14 05:15:51 | Show all posts
Tuomu replied at 2018-2-13 15:23
Hi,

sorry to bring up an older thread.

Two screws, sim card tray, then use suction cups at bottom of screen and pull screen from frame, disassemble other components from back of screen, use hairdryer and increased screen temperature then try push out screen from frame and gently prime to not damage plastic frame. Yes scren is glued in to frame.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-2-15 16:18:48 | Show all posts
Thanks,

pretty much what I expected

-T--

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-3-4 22:06:01 | Show all posts
Done,

I've hardly had time to do anything, but today's a bit hung over, so don't want to work either.

I was surprised how much room there was for the screen. The MoBo and battery are really flat. The screen goes back on really nicely opposite to Samsung for example, where it just floats on glue. Everything works perfectly, and for only about 20€. Ridiculous. I like this phone more and more each day.

-T--

PS sorry for double posting
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list