Plus V3.02_20170412 Android 7.0 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-21 15:45:25 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-4-20 07:54
For your sake I flashed now the latest (20161019) Android 6.0 version over this latest Android 7.0  ...

I did flash with Firmware upgrade. With download only it does not works because there are different partitions on Android 7, it's obvious from the scatter file adresses.I will try with Format all +download during the weekend, but I doubt it's gonna change anything. It's highly improbable that i'm doing anything wrong. I had tens of phones in the last 2 years and I know how to flash them.
I'll try to get my hands on one that still runs Android 6 and do  a readback to flash on my device. But that's a longshot
 Author| Post time 2017-4-22 02:05:51 | Show all posts
overrid3 replied at 2017-4-21 15:45
I did flash with Firmware upgrade. With download only it does not works because there are differen ...

Both the Android 6.0 and 7.0 ROMs have exactly the same partition structure with exactly the same starting ("Begin") addresses. The size of some partitions might be different from version to version, of course. In firmware upgrade mode every partition gets formatted before writing but only those ones, that get flashed. By formatting the whole flash chip you'll lose your IMEI numbers.
I'm over customizing and flashing of thousands of MTK based mobile phones through the last (almost) 10 years but I still can make mistakes.
Try to first flash only the preloader partition of the Android 6.0 ROM, than flash again the full content in firmware upgrade mode.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-22 10:41:17 | Show all posts
When will it be corrected GPS?

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-22 18:38:21 | Show all posts
Edited by CUASAR at 2017-4-22 18:42 \n\nalmost all the mobiles I have had with MTK processor in GPS have not gone very thin and I have always had to look for alternatives.

I have managed to improve the behavior of this GPS with very good result with this application root:

Https://play.google.com/store/ap ... optimizerfree&hl=en

In order to use it, you must have ROOT permissions.

How to use:

For Android 6.0:
Just install Gps Fixer and select the corresponding country and press the button to Activate.
Restart and Ready !!!!

For Android 7.0:

The ROOT method of Android 7.0 is different and GPS Fixer does not recognize that it is rooted. So you have to follow these steps to recognize it:

- install this App:
Https://play.google.com/store/ap ... .rootexplorer&hl=en

- copy all the files in the folder "/ su / bin"
- go to the "/ system / bin" folder and mount it as "R / W"
- copy and replace all previous files in this folder
- return to mount the folder to "R / O"

Now Gps Fixer and other root Apps will recognize you are root.
Open the Gps Fixer App and select your country and click on the button below to activate.

Restart and Ready !!!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-23 18:49:06 | Show all posts
Hi,

I'm new to UMI phones.
First of all thank you for the new firmware - I flashed it some days ago.

For me, everything's working fine (GPS is ok, as long as you use the internal sensor AND mobile data for positioning), except some little things.

Is there and option to change or disable the two shortcuts down left and right on lock screen?
Another thing is, when turning screen on, but stay in lock screen (not unlock with fingerprint or PIN), I can use volume + and - keys.
This is not good, when phone is in pocket and somehow I press power on and then volume down - if the phone rings after that, I won't hear it.
Could you please look at this, so volume changing is possible only when screen is unlocked? Or is there an option to disable the volume keys in lock screen?

Thanks,
ts7348

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-25 04:06:43 | Show all posts
As I said, I gave Format All+Download a chance without any success. Same situation. Android 6 no image, android 7 battery killer.
What I came to acknowledge is that if I flash android 6 system.img only with all the other android 7 files it doesn't boot up, certainly due to the boot.img. The solution would be flashing the boot.img from the android 6 rom, BUT there is a problem here since the booloader (preloader) is locked and doesn't accept other boot.img (phone goes completely dead). I tried unlocking it and faced a problem that someone else was describing in the forum. I turned on developer options and check usb debugging and OEM Unlock, but when i type fastboot oem unlock i get a message on phone's display and i have to press volume up to proceed with unlocking. It doesn't work. It only accepts volume down key (which means no).
So, from what i see, we either need a proper preloader for android 6, that enables the display, or an unlocked one for android 7 that would allow other boot.img to run.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-27 04:54:41 | Show all posts
здравствуйте!после последней прошивки стал менее чувствительный на прикосновение экран.и хотелось бы чтобы в будущей прошивке в родном плеере было бы воспроизведение по папкам!ЗА РАНИЕ СПАСИБО!!!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-27 17:23:50 | Show all posts
Again purple camera, and app crashing ... There is no official version is fully working. Thanks UMI...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-27 18:50:50 | Show all posts
Edited by AZJMS at 2017-5-8 17:28 \n\n
CUASAR replied at 2017-4-19 14:03
Hi.Quietly update to this new version.Has better options than version 6.0 and there are no major g ...

I update by normal hi-fi OTA:

BUILD NUMBER V3.01_20161209

Some notes:
The android7.0 is better but i find some issues so far:
-The peopleI talk to on the mobile phone complain that they listen to me very low.
-The GPSstill jumps, it seems theupdate time of the gps points is too long, leading to poor calculations ofspeed and current point position.
-Theaudicular bluetuth conects well, but when I try to make a call i hear acontinues beep calling and the call goes off. So i can´t use my Nokia BH-102that worked fine in android 6.

Umi plus have good hardware and i hope UMI could fix those issues.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-29 00:11:22 | Show all posts
No reply to my last post?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list