135 21144
View: 21144|Reply: 135

UMIDIGI Z Pro V3.01_20170408 ROM - SPFT + OTA release

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-4-13 21:37:52 | Show all posts |Read mode
This is the SP Flash Tool + OTA release of the
V3.01_20170408 (Android 6.0) firmware
for UMIDIGI Z Pro

Flash tool operation is recommended for experienced users only. Do not use it if you cannot understand the whole process!
UMIDIGI Z Pro receives all updates automatically via FOTA method. You need this tool only in case of emergency (if you've bricked your phone), if you want to apply a clean install or if you want to clear all root access and custom recovery to make your phone able to receive FOTA updates again.

If you are updating an earlier version, it is recommended to flash this ROM as 'Firmware Upgrade'!

Changelog:
  • Gravity sensor freezing issue fixed
  • Wifi network search problem fixed
  • Error code display of microSD slot fixed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SP Flash Tool
Resources:

Flashtool tutorials: UMI Forum or androidxda guide or YouTube guide (you can google a lot of other solutions and guides)

>>>>> ROM: 20170408_g15v97_kw_u81_4m.rar <<<<< - Extract the .rar file before use. The scatter file (MT6797_Android_scatter.txt) is inside the extracted folder, together with the other components

VCOM driver: Windows 10 already automatically can install it or you can use this: MTK_Driver_Auto_Installer_SP_Drivers_20160804.exe

Here's an optional solution to start the flashing process on your UMIDIGI Z Pro if the standard method doesn't work.
It's especially useful if your phone is bricked or is stuck in bootloop
1. Connect your UMIDIGI Z Pro to USB.
2. Start the flashing process with the Download button in the flasher app.
3. Press and keep pressed the power button of your phone until the flashing process starts (red bar appears at the bottom of the app window), then release it. In this process you have to keep the power button pressed for about 10 seconds.
4. Wait until the flashing process finishes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTA (recovery) update
Manual (local) OTA update method instructions
  • Copy the downloaded .zip file to either the internal memory or the SD card of your phone
  • Go to Settings --> About phone --> Wireless update
  • Tap the 3-dot menu button at the top right corner and select Local updates
  • Brows for the ...update.zip file and select it
  • Tap Install now, comfirm the process with OK and wait until the process will be finished

>>>>> Update file for manual OTA update: UMIDIGI_Z_Pro.V3.01_20170408_update.zip <<<<<

Optional method (in case if the manual OTA update gets stuck): Install from recovery
You need a microSD card (with at least 4GB capacity) installed in your phone!
  • Copy the ...update.zip file to your SD card
  • Press and hold the volume-up and power buttons together until your phone restarts in the boot selector mode. It needs about 10 seconds or a little bit less if your phone was already powered off.
  • Here you can move with the vol-up button and select an item with vol-down. Select Recovery.
  • Your phone reboots into Recovery and you see a lying android figure with an exclamation mark in red triangle on its tummy.
  • Press and hold the power and vol-up buttons (in this order) together, then release them to call the recovery menu. Now you can move with the volume buttons and select an item with the power button.
  • Move to ‘Apply update from SD card’ and select it.
  • On the next screen brows for the update file and select it. The updating process will start and needs a few minutes to be finished.
  • After a succcessful installation you can read the ''Install from sdcard complete'' message and the receovery menu is available again.
  • Select 'Reboot system now'. Alternatively you can perform a factory data reset here by choosing 'Wipe data/factory reset'

Kind request from users:
Please report any kind of new issues you experience after installing this update only if you've already flashed this ROM with SP Flash Tool in Firmware Upgrade mode. In rare cases a FOTA update can cause more or less serious malfunctions but that means only the update process went wrong, not a badly developed ROM. An updated stock ROM, especially related to the basic functions will not cause any new issues but will solve some of the existing ones.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-5-25 23:45:42 | Show all posts
antarpreetsingh replied at 2017-5-25 22:07
sim cards not detected and calling not working after flashing , please help

Most probably you got your IMEIs cleaned. Check on the phone box for the IMEI's and use this tutorial(http://community.umidigi.com/thread-1375-1-1.html). It is said in the thread that you can loose your IMEI and that means no 3g/4g connection, no SMS and no calls for you.

Author| Post time 2017-5-17 21:59:28 | Show all posts
pio221 replied at 2017-5-17 21:36
Hello good I have a problem with the front camera does not open. I have restored several times and  ...

Hi,
Do you get an error message when trying to open the front camera, or it just doesn't open?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-30 23:26:58 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-4-29 07:20
It will be Android 7.1.1 and it's on the way. The little brother has already received the first work ...

Will the power drainage issue be fixed in this update?
 Author| Post time 2017-4-29 07:20:22 | Show all posts
It will be Android 7.1.1 and it's on the way. The little brother has already received the first working beta release.
Link: http://community.umidigi.com/thread-7492-1-1.html
You can expect a final Android 7.1.1 upgrade for UMIDIGI Z Pro in a few weeks.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-26 12:27:27 | Show all posts
AssortedStuff replied at 2017-4-26 09:18
Edited by AssortedStuff at 2017-4-26 09:26 \n\nProblem installing TWRP!!! SP Flash Tool doesn't see ...

Hello,

After pressing the download button on spflash toolkit you have to Press Power button for about 10 sec until the phone reboots and keep the button pressed until you see the progress bar in the flash tool starting.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-25 18:45:57 | Show all posts
Dear UMIDIGI Team,

I'm using UMIDIGI Z Pro for about 3 week phone is satisfactory but there are few things which have to be improved:
- Battery discharges very fast
- Why wifi sucks battery
- Noise should be removed from photos taken from camera
- Speaking speaker which is hold to ear is quite should be increased
If all of these issues fixed it will be superb phone

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-18 04:23:44 | Show all posts
Edited by speedycvc at 2017-4-18 15:42 \n\n Edited by speedycvc at 2017-4-18 15:39 \n\nOk thx, I ll take a look to engineer mod.
I have an apz to get mtk engineer shortcut

(edit) solution by mtk menu work.
I cleared all as you said:
gravity sensor and compass (magnetometer)
It work great !
Compass work properly and screen rotation too.

Thx !

The apz for mtk settings shorcut :
MTK engineering mode start

Author| Post time 2017-4-15 20:31:11 | Show all posts
josemoc replied at 2017-4-15 16:39
Hello:
A question to Bencebacsi, in this last update I do not work S View with the music (ok clock a ...

Hi and greetings,
Yes, I can confirm your issue. The same on UMi Z with the latest update, so maybe it's an intentional change. I'm trying to get some info about it. Thank you for reporting.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-14 00:17:07 | Show all posts
flashtool rom uploading remings me my usrobotics 56k ages
 Author| Post time 2017-5-9 05:47:33 | Show all posts
shamiyevs replied at 2017-5-9 02:04
If I'm not mistaken 7.1.1 beta is for Z only

Already availabele for the Z Pro as well. You can find it in the beta section here: http://community.umidigi.com/thread-7550-1-1.html

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-14 04:18:10 | Show all posts
Is that update available over wifi ?
No update on my phone .

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-14 06:28:18 | Show all posts
I want install new rom with spflashtool. But i want fresh and clean instalation without my old data. What option should i use in spflashtool: format whole flash or format whole flash except bootloader? What is Validation, should I mark it?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-14 15:45:57 | Show all posts
Any chance to install update manualy using TWRP recovery?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-4-14 18:59:05 | Show all posts
pieklo replied at 2017-4-14 06:28
I want install new rom with spflashtool. But i want fresh and clean instalation without my old data. ...

method one: factory reset

method two: manual reset
- after switching off the phone, select power + volume up button, a boot loader will open
- use volume buttons for up & down ... use power button for selection.- select wipe user data & clear cache .. and then restart the device.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-14 19:42:08 | Show all posts
Edited by pieklo at 2017-4-14 19:43 \n\n
prakasam replied at 2017-4-14 18:59
method one: factory reset

method two: manual reset

Thanks but i dont have TWRP on my phone so i cant use this method, i must use spflashtool. After that i want flash new rom, install twrp and root

Author| Post time 2017-4-15 05:30:08 | Show all posts
pieklo replied at 2017-4-14 19:42
Edited by pieklo at 2017-4-14 19:43 \n\n
Thanks but i dont have TWRP on my phone so i cant use this ...

You can wipe the cache and/or user data with the stock recovery but you don't need it. Flash the ROM in Firmware Upgrade mode and you'll get a clean installation without keeping your old user data. Don't format anything or you might lose your IMEI numbers. You don't need to validate or change anything else in the default settings. Only switch from Download Only to Firmware Upgrade.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-4-15 16:39:15 | Show all posts
Hello:
A question to Bencebacsi, in this last update I do not work S View with the music (ok clock and calls). The update I did with firmware upgrade. Can you check it out?
Greetings and thanks
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list