bencebacsi Post time 2020-6-17 15:41:13 | Show all posts [Copy link]
9 7310
View: 7310|Reply: 9

Rootjoy ROM installation tutorial

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-3-28 07:19:22 | Show all posts |Read mode

password: rootjoy

WARNING!
ROOTJOY has been discountinued from 2016. Any UMi smartphones released in 2016 or later are not supported and not compatible with Rootjoy. The last supported UMi model is UMi Rome. Users of any later models can update their devices via FOTA method in Settings --> About phone --> Wireless update

How to Install Custom ROMs with Rootjoy

Step 1.
Download, unrar and install Rootjoy on a Windows PC if you haven't done it yet, then run it. You might need to disable your antivirus app for the period of the installation process, then set the Rootjoy folder as an exception.

Step 2.
Enable USB debugging on your phone and connect it to a USB port of your PC. - Don't use a USB hub.
For the first time you have to enable on your phone to be accessed by your PC. Check the screen of your device.
WARNING! Updating the ROM of your phone with Rootjoy will erase your user data. To get a perfectly stable system by this update, that's recommended to manually process a factory data reset before installing a new ROM.

Step 3.
Click on the 'Flash' button

Step 4.
If you haven't got a ROM file already downloaded, you'll get the following screen. Click on the 'Download' button and after a few seconds you get a list of downloadable ROMs that fit your specific device.
You need a working internet connection.

Step 5.
Choose a ROM from the list and click on the Download button next to it.

Step 6.
Click on 'Download Manager' at the bottom right corner of the app window. Now you can see as your ROM file is being downloaded.

Step 7.
Click on 'completed', then Flash.

Step 8.
Here you can choose to make a backup of your old installation or skip it. Let's skip it now.

Step 9.
In the next step the Rootjoy recovery will be downloaded, then Rootjoy copies the ROM file to the memory of your phone and installs the Rootjoy recovery.

Step 10.
After finished, your phone boots into recovery and the update process begins. You may close the Rootjoy app now.

Step 11.
Check the screen of your phone. The installation of your custom (or even stock) ROM is starting.
The progress bar can be stuck at 50% for a long time but don't be afraid, the installation process is running smoothly in the background. It can take for up the 10 minutes.

Step 11.
After finishing, your phone automatically reboots into the newly flashed Android system.
No more tasks to do.

The official page of Rootjoy is here: www.umidigi.com/page-ROOTJOY
Further information resources related to UMI products are here:
umidigi.com/page-service.html

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-2 22:41:48 | Show all posts
Rootjoy will be discontinued forever or will create a new app to be able to change the rom of my Umidigi C Note?

Comments

<a href="https://pathofex.com/">Manik Sharma</a>  Post time 2020-5-27 02:56
very good article i also new in bloggging check my webiste https://pathofex.com/  Post time 2020-5-27 02:54
 Author| Post time 2017-6-3 08:06:05 | Show all posts
patriciagomes replied at 2017-6-2 22:41
Rootjoy will be discontinued forever or will create a new app to be able to change the rom of my Umi ...

Rootjoy has been discontinued forever. It needs your phone to be factory rooted but rooting hides many security issues and prevents to use many security sensitive apps like banking apps.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-10 22:32:27 | Show all posts
What is with UMI MAX? this program doesnt work.
 Author| Post time 2017-6-11 14:46:52 | Show all posts
shidrix replied at 2017-6-10 22:32
What is with UMI MAX? this program doesnt work.

Please read again the warning message at the top of this page. In your opinion, what should I add to it?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-6-12 19:14:52 | Show all posts
Sorry, I didnt see that.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-3-28 23:01:14 | Show all posts

threads

credits

credits