bencebacsi Post time 2019-10-10 15:54:19 | Show all posts [Copy link]
5 624
View: 624|Reply: 5

Orchid exhibition in a castle with UMi Z - Low light photographing

[Copy link]
Post time 2017-3-20 05:57:48 | Show all posts |Read mode
Orchid exhibition and contest at Castle of Vajdahunyad

Weak (amateur) artificial lighting in an old castle

This thread is not about vivid and sharp photos but about what you can expect when using UMi Z's camera in low light conditions.
You can see 33 photos here captured with automatic settings in a relatively dark area (too dark for conventional photographing) at Castle of Vajdahunyad in Budapest inside the building.
Most of the photos were captured with between 1/15s and 1/30s shutter speed (exposure time) and around ISO400 ISO speed, so they are more or less blurred due to the low shutter speed.
In such cases you can switch to Pro Photo mode and adjust the ISO speed to a higher value to get much shorter exposure times to avoid blurred photos while the noise still remains acceptable.
After clicking on a picture, you can zoom in with your mouse wheel, and if you download them, you can check the EXIF info inside the files.
All photos were captured from hand, without using any kind of stand or stabilizer device. All photos are original ones as the camera software saved them.

Really low light conditions here where reading a book would be difficult. Shutter speed just 1/12.5s and ISO1512 so some noise is visible here.

And finally here's an ''odd one out'', an original photo captured by a pro tester with the flagship model of a different brand but in similar (maybe better) light conditions with similar settings. You can check the model inside the EXIF info.
That depends on your taste if you think it better or not. It's a 10MB file so it might be downloaded slowly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UMIdigi_admin-320x320.gif

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-3-21 21:11:19 | Show all posts
Which ROM version was installed?
already the new one?
 Author| Post time 2017-3-21 22:28:57 | Show all posts
Kaluschke replied at 2017-3-21 21:11
Which ROM version was installed?
already the new one?

No, these photos were captured 9 days ago with the 20170225 version.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2017-3-22 00:28:40 | Show all posts
I am installing update now, looking forward to go to the Jungle ( my indoor camera test place ) again and will remember to bring phone ( i don't always bring phone with me as i am a very casual phone user that do not get any calls that cant wait a few hours )

You may have a more steady hand than my 50 year old ones, i have to take 2-3 photos to get a good picture, and that's also fine even my Nikon Dslr have to do that some times.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-10-2 22:10:34 | Show all posts

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-10-10 15:54:19 | Show all posts
Thank you for the information. Great job
gmail sign up
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules