Charging speed.

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-5-26 18:41:10 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-5-23 04:09
If I remember correctly umi max receiving android 7.0 through to OTA. Also you can use SPFT and OT ...

Sometimes I think that you are simply making fun of us with those anwers and that is very sad...

I was not able to receive OTA updates and you made me reset the phone so I could be able to receive it. This is not normal, is abnormal. OTA update should work from the start and we should have to do a factory reset or flash with some program to be able to update our devide. Remember that resetting the smartphone and setting up everything again takes some time, more than a hour in my case.
Then, after the reset and being able to update to Android 7 the smartphone, which fully charged the battery with a normal 1,5Amp charger in 2,5 hours started taking 5 or 6 hours to charge, which, once again, is everything but normal. ITS ABNORMAL.
And, as always, your answer is that its normal for something like this to happen and your single advice is "do a factory reset or manually flash the rom", which is a crappy advice when an little OTA update could fix the issue. That´s what proper brands and manufacturers do, at least.

Post time 2017-5-27 05:52:59 | Show all posts
badelhas replied at 2017-5-26 18:41
Sometimes I think that you are simply making fun of us with those anwers and that is very sad...

How can you say that battery was charged in 2h and.... minutes. This phone was never delivered with fast charging and charger supplied with phone is 5V 1A which should charge phone in 4H without using.
This charger is not supporting any type of fast charging so don't expect anything special.
As I said there was OTA update provided to devices. Also you have OTA zip file. Nobody give you any guarantee that changing system version will not wipe user data!!!! That why you have backup options in settings to restore user data etc.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-5-27 13:27:56 | Show all posts
I am quite sure that the admin on here have stated,more than once that umi max does indeed support fast charging.can anyone verify this?
Post time 2017-5-28 01:43:43 | Show all posts
rickie19050 replied at 2017-5-27 13:27
I am quite sure that the admin on here have stated,more than once that umi max does indeed support f ...

Umi max hardware was/is supporting quick charging with pump express not with supplied charger.
All this was working on Android 6.0 but I suspecting that engineers trying block this feature on Android 7.0 as is no need supporting this feature as fast charger wasn't supplied with phone.
We see what happen with next update.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-5-29 19:11:28 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-5-27 05:52
How can you say that battery was charged in 2h and.... minutes. This phone was never delivered wit ...

The Smartphone is used by my mother so maybe it has never charged in 2h and something. But she does complain a lot that the charging process is much much slower than it was before the Android 7 update. Sometimes she wakes up and it´s still not with 100% of battery (she sleeps 7 or 8h) which is totally not normal, dont you agree?
What I was stating is that the engenieers should be able to fix this issues with simple OTA updates that do not requier us to do a full factory reset, do you understand?
I had a HTC One M8 that shipped in 2014 with Android 4.2. It then got updated to 4.4, then 5.0 and finally 6.0. It was never a necessity to do a factory reset, all the data was saved from OTA update to OTA update....
Post time 2017-5-30 03:43:11 | Show all posts
badelhas replied at 2017-5-29 19:11
The Smartphone is used by my mother so maybe it has never charged in 2h and something. But she doe ...

First time I can hear about 7 or 8 hours of umi max charging time on Android 7.0. Maybe this is only coincidence and USB wire have internal failure.
Could you please check/swap  USB wire.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-5-30 16:42:15 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-5-30 03:43
First time I can hear about 7 or 8 hours of umi max charging time on Android 7.0. Maybe this is on ...

There are several posts about long charging...
I'm testing right now current charging. I'm not using original UMI charger but i think it doesn't metter. It's Sony 5V - 850mA. The phone is charging with 0,3A. Huawei P9 with the same cable and charger is charging with 0,9A where nominal current is 0,85A.
I think it's messed up with soft...

Post time 2017-5-31 04:20:07 | Show all posts
cr4sh85 replied at 2017-5-30 16:42
I'm testing right now current charging. I'm not usi ...

Please use different USB wire as we don't have any type of charging issues on stock charger.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-5-31 13:41:23 | Show all posts
Hello,
on my UMI MAX devices, running on MAX V7.01_20170329 Android 7.0,
i didn´t experience any charging Problems or charging Speed issues while using stock charger as well as 3rd Party chargers.

With different chargers and different USB-cables, all of my UMI MAXes were charged within 4 to 5 hours, if completely empty.
I didn´t use any Pump Express charger because i´m fine with normal charging.

Battery lifetime is extremely good, i would say up to two days of normal usage.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-5-31 19:40:33 | Show all posts
cr4sh85 replied at 2017-5-30 16:42
I'm testing right now current charging. I'm not usi ...

Exactly my thoughs. There are several users complaining about the charging speed and now this suposed moderator tries to make us believe that he does not know about the issue. This is ridiculous. His answers are devious, in my opinion, and this threads are almost useless. Incredible.
123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list