[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-3-6 00:03:45 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi All
new here and wanted to share my (solved) Odyssee with 3 bricks since yesterday:

First: How to conncet to SP Flash tool if it does not detect your phone:
If not auto detected (Happend to me on Win 10 with Edge)
hold down volumn UP key before connecting USB Cable, conncet and hold until red progress bar appears in SP Flash tool.

ALTERNATIVE for BRICKED phone:
do NOT click download button in SP Flash tool, conncet phone to USB Cable THEN press download button, THEN press power button and hold for 10 -15 sec until red progress bar appears in SP Flash tool, then release, it still can take appox one minute until download starts, DO NOT loose patience ;)

I  tried to upgrade to Android 7 beta and (ysertday twice and just now) bricked the phone for the 3rd time.
Possible solution: flash back to UMI Dec 2016 ROM, (20161227_c239v55_kw_u11) tomretrieve the phone
by doing the following:
load the ROM into the SP Flash tool, select the scatter file.
THEN (after unchecking preloader) connect your phone  via USB, only then click the download button and hold the power button pressed for approx. 10 -15 sec until you se the red progress line at the bottom of the flash tool. Release the power button. Then it can still take about a minute or so until it flashes the rom, but worked 2 times for me so far an I will try a 3 rd time just right now.
Then I will try the FOTA after the ROM install and if the damn Android 7 still doesn't work (It flashes OK, no problem, but bricks the phone, BIG PROBLEM (won't start, not even into recovery mode, also not after just flashing A7 recovery image, and I've patently waited 1/2 hour before giving up on the start) then I think I just need to give up on A7

OK the solution (which worked for me)
In SP Flash Tool: I switched from "Download only" to "Firmware upgrade", (NOT formatting! leave preloader checked!) and it worked on first try

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-3-6 00:07:50 | Show all posts
Just a side line, when I say bricked above I ment TRULY bricked, wouldn't react to any button or combination thereof and also loading the recovery image from Android 7 didn't help!
Only thing that got me back was the alternative connect to SP Flash tool and flash the same old Dec 2016 ROM,
Only the Firmware upgrade option of Android 7 beta ROM finally got me on.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-3-8 00:32:47 | Show all posts
Wasn't the official final FOTA version of Android 7.0 Nougat promised to come to the Umi Max on the 24th of December?!
This is all very very disappointing...

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-20 18:59:09 | Show all posts
I need help. I'm trying to downdrage to android 6. I actually managed to do it after 3 attempts, deleting all my data in the process because otherwise the phone would be glitchy. Anyway I went to flash the TWRP afterwards (done it a million times, it should have been easy) and all hell broke loose.

While flashing, the driver stopped working, it said "unknown device", now the phone is bricked and I cant install the drivers properly of course. How the hell do I install the drivers of the phone?  And no, "download the mtk driver and install" doesnt work, ive tried a million times already.
Post time 2018-1-20 23:50:50 | Show all posts
AndrianaRoo replied at 2018-1-20 18:59
I need help. I'm trying to downdrage to android 6. I actually managed to do it after 3 attempts, del ...

You should try use firmware upgrade on SPFT. If still doesn't work you can press and hold power button until phone switch off or restart. If your phone is not fixed yet you can use format + download or open phone, disconnect battery and reconnect after some time and then flash again.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-1-21 00:58:44 | Show all posts
Edited by AndrianaRoo at 2018-1-21 01:18 \n\n
MarcinP replied at 2018-1-20 23:50
You should try use firmware upgrade on SPFT. If still doesn't work you can press and hold power bu ...

No I succeded at first at the downgrade, I used firmware upgrade, it worked and then I went too root the phone. That's when it happened, the drivers suddenly stoped working, while i was rooting, that's why the phone is bricked now. My pc doesnt recognise the phone, it says unknown device and that it failed. I have installed mtk drivers again and again manually with no change at all.

EDIT

Ok so I disassembled the phone, disconnected the battery and tried again. It worked but at around 35% the SP Flash tool showed ERROR status download exception... 3 times. so i thought i would disable the "unknown device" from device manager and OH MY GOD MY PHONE IS ALIVE AGAIN. and now im afraid to root it again lol...
Post time 2018-1-21 05:10:48 | Show all posts
AndrianaRoo replied at 2018-1-21 00:58
Edited by AndrianaRoo at 2018-1-21 01:18 \n\n
No I succeded at first at the downgrade, I used firmw ...

You can follow this tutorial to root your device
http://community.umidigi.com/thread-2962-1-1.html
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list