Accident Poll 2015 - What happened to you?

Umidaze Post time 2015-9-11 07:20:25 | Show all posts  Close [Copy link]
7 1069
View: 1069|Reply: 7

Accident Poll 2015 - What happened to you?

Close [Copy link]

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2015-9-10 05:54:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Umidaze at 2015-9-11 01:11 \n\n
T h e   G r e a t   A c c i d e n t   P o l l   o f   2 0 1 5

Here you go UMIers.
Tell us which unfortunate accidents you have encountered with your mobile device.

I realise that the list is by no means complete but it should cover most accidents.
If you have any stories then please post a comment and let us know what happened to you and your device.

Personally I have never broken a phone, but I have dropped one in the snow once when I was de-icing my car.
When I realised I had lost it I had already driven off. I decided to go back in the hope that it was still there.
My billiant plan caused me to drive into a parking lot so I could turn the car around. I then got stuck in the snow and it took me half an hour before I managed to get on my way again.

I arrived back where I had dropped my phone...and it was still there!
It was only 2 inches from a busy road with cars and buses driving past in rush hour traffic.
I picked it up and, as a bit of an anti-climax to this story, I wiped of the snow and there was no damage at all.

I also once dropped a phone in a bucket of water. I shreeked like a little girl...fished it out, switched it off and carefully dried it.
The phone is still working without any problems...and no...it isn't waterproof.

Enough about my accidents...

Get voting!
You can enter up to 5 choices...but if you need all 5 of them then I feel really sorry for you

Multiple Polls: ( Maximum 5 choices ), Total 4 Users voted

Poll is finished

20.00% (1)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
20.00% (1)
0.00% (0)
20.00% (1)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
20.00% (1)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
0.00% (0)
20.00% (1)
Your User group have no permission to vote

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2015-9-10 06:10:42 | Show all posts
Edited by Umidaze at 2015-9-11 04:53 \n\n

I just realised I dropped my brand new Siemens S55 and as a result it had a blue line across the side of the screen, sometimes making it hard to read messages. I had the screen replaced which didn't cost much.
So I guess I did break a phone after all

s55_2.jpg

I have had 4 Siemens phones...and I loved them all

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2015-9-10 21:58:28 | Show all posts
This story happened to me but participated in it. We have a small pool at the house we have in the village where I was born. Inside the pool were my wife, my son and my sister. My wife told the husband of my sister to record them on video with your phone. I picked up the phone and he began to burn the edge of the pool, as he is very awkward silent in within the pool (here and began the cries). Nobody messed into the water to rescue the phone. I put my tube to rescue him. When removed but kept recording medium screen full of water, cards (SD and SIM) will not be reached in no time off until you remove the battery, and put it for two days in a stem full of rice. After these two days I took the jar, I put the battery, cards and lit it.It worked perfectly, although the underwater recording was lost.

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2015-9-11 01:01:32 | Show all posts
Haha, great story jandrivirix.
Too bad you lost the recording but least you saved the phone.

Also a good tip that you gave there. When a phone gets wet you can place it in rice as that will absorb the moisture.
Other tips are...

Remove all cards and if possible the back cover and the battery.
You can use a hairdryer at low heat to dry the phone or even put it in the oven at below 100 degrees centigrade.
You can also wrap the phone in a towel and place it on top of a radiator if you are (un)lucky enough to live in a country where you need heating.

*all advice is free of charge but no responsibility will be assumed for any of the above options.

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2015-9-11 01:10:35 | Show all posts
The funniest name on the UMI forum must be U-MIstake, or is it UMIstake.
He is also the funniest man on the forum as he voted option 6.

...you better not forget to open your parachute

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-9-11 06:38:29 | Show all posts
That's your choice whether it means UMI stake or UMI mistake as an aggregated word.
Normally I'm very careful about my phone but while skydiving, sorry.
Okay, in fact I've never crocked my own phone accidentally but now I've got a fresh story related to option 1. A colleague of mine brought me an old Sony Xperia (something) phone from a friend, who got really drunk on a wedding party. He had to visit the toilet frequently and at an occasion his phone just fell down from his pocket into the toilet bowl. Since he was already really slow by the alcohol, he just continued urinating onto his phone for a while. My colleague ensured me, the device has been sterilized carefully. Well, I hope so. Unfortunately, that guy forgot (was too drunk) to remove the battery immediately, so a lot of SMD parts on the mainboard have fatally oxidized. That Sony went into the dustbin. At least it was an old phone probably already very close to the end of its life even without this accident.

Use magic Report

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
 Author| Post time 2015-9-11 06:53:33 | Show all posts
I don't know what to say

...except...the urine was already sterile, so it wouldn't have done any harm ...but still.
Your friend must have been really drunk though. Great story...!

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-9-11 07:20:25 | Show all posts
Umidaze replied at 2015-9-10 06:10
Edited by Umidaze at 2015-9-11 04:53 \n\n

I just realised I dropped my brand new Siemens S55 and a ...

How funny, I also had two Siemens mobile phones. An A35 an later a C45. The second one was really good and used a lithium polymer battery. That's a shame despite the devices are much more advanced nowadays, we still use the same battery technology.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list