Author: goldyau

Installation from unknown sources, riskware

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-1-16 21:39:24 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2017-1-16 09:26
That's the FactoryTest app, which is a system app used by the EngineerMode and in some versions it ...

I don't think it's off-topic, since I reported the same behavior of unkown sources switch and magically re-appearing "My Apps" app on the phone. I posted in addition the screenshot of the app with access to system settings and the non-English name because I tought it was related to the topic of this thread.

It's an issue. I bought a phone with some malware preinstalled on it, from a contracted and advertised retailer of UMI. I think it should be investigated.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2017-1-16 23:32:56 | Show all posts
If anyone is intrested, i made a debloated/rooted Version of the Umi V7 Version. Deleted anything that not seemed to be stock.
Its still WIP but seems to work stable but should only be tested by ppl. who know what they are doing and already have
TWRP installed on the Phone. Comes with a little ReadMe with instructions, later i am planing on a bigger Instruction
where also the installation of TWRP is covered
I am not sure if its allowed to post a link here so if you are intrested in testing leave me a message.
Sorry for my bad english i am not a native speaker but i think its understoodable ;)

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-1-18 21:06:41 | Show all posts
guys,
I also have the same problem, the system automatically releases the installation of unknown sources, as well as install applications automatically. I've already done hard reset and still, it persists.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-1-20 17:49:28 | Show all posts
Same problem. PLEASE SOLVE IT. For the 3st time in 3 weeks keep on do that: the system automatically releases the installation of unknown sources, as well as install applications automaticall. The app looks like Shazam app but is like a luncher that overwrithe the original luncher and add ADV, can look at what u search and u type. SO IS NOT POSSIBLE FOR AN INTERNATIONAL FACTORY LIKE UMI DIGI. So please solve it. Make an OTA update quckly. Bought it on e-fox shop. also have the last ota update installed. Thanks.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-1-21 04:05:06 | Show all posts
Hello, i had the exact same problem.. looked through the internet and found a solution

the second app is called Wireless Update or something, i couldnt install any apps because it drew an invisible overlay around my screen!!!!!! ridiculous! come on UMI

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-1-22 19:17:20 | Show all posts
Now it seems obvious that UMI pre-installs malware / spyware with official ROM. That's even more scandalous!
@bencebacsi: What's your comment on these?
Post time 2017-1-22 22:14:21 | Show all posts
This is common problem if you install any spyware or antivirus app. Some developers making apps very sensitive to be getting more money of users paying for full app version. There is no other explanation as how wireless update could contents spyware or virus. This app need access to Internet  and you can't do nothing about.
You can always come back to previous ROM and check are some apps still installing it self.
Then perform factory reset and remove sd card in case you have some virus on sd card and test phone.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-1-23 15:57:56 | Show all posts
So, after my last flash (clear phone, no SIM or SD card inside) until I connected to Wifi, everything was fine - no changes in setting of installation from unknown sources. But as soon as I connected to wifi network setting was turned on! and since then it turns itself on about two times a day.
I tried stopping and taking privileges from Wireless update with no change at all, so it is not the problem...

UMI, please solve this, the phone is useless for me with this bug!
Post time 2017-1-24 02:21:15 | Show all posts
I can confirm the bug of re-enabling unknown resources. It will be fixed in a later update. However, that's all. No apps get installed from out of nowhere. The AdupsFota.apk is the OTA updater app and it draws nothing on the screen. That base.apk is installed by the Windows Rootjoy application (via adb connection) and that contains root tools only. No one of them are viruses or any kind of malewares and anyway Rootjoy is not compatible with UMi Diamond, so you don't need it.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-1-24 15:12:51 | Show all posts
Great! Thank you for good news! (it is possible that as phone was vulnerable something just infected the phone...)
Can't wait!
Can you get us some estimation of a release date?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list