View: 1580|Reply: 5

Does UMI offer REAL warranty ?

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-8-31 22:59:21 | Show all posts |Read mode

Hello!

I purchased 14 phones Umi Zero from Aliexpress Seller December 14, 2014(Aliexpress -Store:MICHELLE TRADING CO., LIMITED)
All phones advertise to have 12 manths warranty (Aliexpress ORDER 65180394572252 (MICHELLE TRADING)
one of the Umi Zero is defective JUST show zero LOGO and not boot. Pc Not recognise to update software

After contacting seller ASK ME TO RETURN phone for replacement with new Umi Zero
I returned the faulty Umi Zero to seller in June 12, 2015
Seller picked up the defective phone July 1st, 2015

since then, it's beed SIXTY DAYS now and I have NOT got my phone back or replacement
at first seller said will ship new replacement phone to me when get from Umi
after she says they sent defective phone to UMI factory for repairs

it is now OVER 45 days and still says NOT REPAIR YET

as I am a local reseller I would expect UMI factory to take my complain SERIOUSLY and offer me a solution so I can keep buy more UMI phones

I wait for your FAST REPLY

Kind regards

Arthur

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2015-9-1 09:59:11 | Show all posts
Edited by Umidaze at 2015-9-1 10:43 \n\n
If you have followed all of AliExpress' dispute rules (here) and you still have no luck with the reseller, then raise a complaint with AliExpress.
The reseller is responsible for the after sales and warranty of the item, for the term which you have been quoted by them.
You say you are a local reseller. That means that you are responsible for the products which you sell to your customers, and then you will have to honour whatever agreement you make with them and/or whatever rules are appropriate by law in your country.
AliExpress is responsible for the reseller's. They have to make sure the resellers act responsibly. So you should contact them first if you haven't done so already.

I hope you get this issue resolved quickly.

There are more people who have issues with the same reseller (check here). I propose that you all take action against them and raise the issues you have with AliExpress as per the complaints guidelines.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2015-9-1 14:35:35 | Show all posts
I read your comment but......
I would like to hear from UMI
(I have not open a dispute with Aliexpress since order is finished)

I think UMI should tell us wheather they honnor their warranty and if it is possible they take SO LONG to fix a phone. They can also tell me IF they already received the defective Umi Zero from this particular seller.

Regards

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits

UMIDIGIerDie-Hard UMIDIGI Fans

Post time 2015-9-1 14:55:52 | Show all posts
teckgeek replied at 2015-9-1 14:35
I read your comment but......
I would like to hear from UMI
(I have not open a dispute with Aliexpre ...

Hi teckgeek,

It seems there are a lot of people who don't fully understand the warranty concept. The manufacturer is not responsible for after sales warranty. The reseller is, as explained by Umidaze. Your complaint needs to go through Aliexpress. Your statement about UMI honouring their warranty is completely incorrect... As it is not their warranty! This is the same for any tech manufacturer, not just umi.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-9-18 14:47:27 | Show all posts
Hi gruffles,

This is not true. Warranty is given by manufacuer (at least in western part of world). Of course we can say that UMI gives you no warranty and all you can do is to fight for your rights with seller. But then, why even bother to buy UMI. I.e in Poland 6 months ago you could buy LG G2 for ~$320 with 2y real warranty (not imaginery one like UMI) or you can buy UMI for ~229$ + ~55$ taxes. And given that, who should buy UMI phone if even UMI doesn't belive that their phone could last even 6 month...
Post time 2015-9-19 01:17:53 | Show all posts
lasic replied at 2015-9-18 14:47
Hi gruffles,

This is not true. Warranty is given by manufacuer (at least in western part of world) ...

A purchase is a contraction between the trader and the buyer. The manufacturer is not involved, not even in the western part of the world (except a few countries). Manufacturers can undertake longer warranty (over the 1 or 2 years that has to be offered by the seller) but that's definitely not an obligatory. Smaller companies (like UMI) simply can't afford that. The obligatory trader warranty is 2 years in the EU but only 1 year in China.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list