2 3881
View: 3881|Reply: 2

Need advice for my Umi Emax!

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-8-31 16:26:52 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have bought an Umi Emax phone recently from geekbuying.com and I have an issue with its functionality which I believe and hope its from the soft (android system). Problem is that when I have 3g service selected on one of the sim cards the gsm signal is very poor, one maximum 2 lines in the center of town. If I deactivate the 3g option and I stay on gsm mode the signal is full. I have tried many gsm cards from different vendors in more points of the city and the situation is the same. These gsm cards used in other 3g phones have full signal. So the problem would be from my Umi Emax phone. I am located in Romania and it would be very hard for me to wait 1-2 months to send it back to geekbuying.com from where I bought it, that is why I would like to know if it is possible that I solve this issue with an upgrade of android system or what is your advise besides sending the phone to the seller I purchased from. Besides this issue I have one more problem with the light sensor; if I select automatic light of the display it reduces the intensity of the light and when I am outdoors nothing can be visible on the screen. I thank you very much and any piece of advice would be more than welcome.
Post time 2015-8-31 23:30:53 | Show all posts
Hello Ileana, buna.
You can try to do 2 actions to solve your problems with your eMax: the first is to do a reset to factory settings, the second is to upgrade to firmware V 0.5. As you explain in your post, usually most of signal and settings issues will be solved with an upgrade.
Hope to be helpful.
Cheers

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2021-11-17 01:31:28 | Show all posts
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list