UMI Max cracked screen

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-12-31 00:48:24 | Show all posts
I ordered through ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuin ... :g:s~gAAOSwx2dYCZ2i

Hope this is the right unit. Has already been dispatched so should be here within 30 days.
Post time 2016-12-31 07:57:43 | Show all posts
Simon71 replied at 2016-12-31 00:48
I ordered through ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-LCD-and-Touch-Screen-for-Umi-Max-Pantalla ...

Hi
This looks OK. Definitely this is middle option without frame but with lcd. You need only remove old screen from frame using hairdryer and plastic tools. Of course you needs to be careful to be not damaging plastic surrounding of old screen as you need swap this.
Just few times look on link which I attached to previous post about Ulefone Paris to understand how screen is stick on to frame. But as I said you need dissemble all phone as in other link.
Post time 2016-12-31 08:02:04 | Show all posts
When you screen with frame will be completely out you can try find place on back of screen to push screen out from inside and keep hairdryer on blowing on front of screen and probably you save your plastic surrounding as you not use tools.  If your screen is cracked (in bits) you can apply on glass transparent tape to be not loosing any glass bits, cut your finger etc

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-1-4 16:11:52 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2016-12-31 08:02
When you screen with frame will be completely out you can try find place on back of screen to push s ...

Well, the screen turned up yesterday, a week early!! and did the repair last night.

It was much easier than expected, thanks mainly to your help @MarchinP, the breakdown video was invaluable!!

Also the advice about using double sided tape to secure the new screen helped.

Thanks for all your help, now I just hope i don't ever have to do it again!!

Post time 2017-1-5 07:01:33 | Show all posts
Simon71 replied at 2017-1-4 16:11
Well, the screen turned up yesterday, a week early!! and did the repair last night.

It was much e ...

Hi
I am glad that everything is fine and I hope that you finally enjoy using Umi Max

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2017-1-8 18:32:29 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2017-1-5 07:01
Hi
I am glad that everything is fine and I hope that you finally enjoy using Umi Max

Ok so this screen lasted 4 days!!.

The screens are so fragile, it wasn't dropped and I even got a stronger case.

The phone was on the floor facing down and went to step on it. The moment I realised it was my phone I stopped, the amount of weight was less than if it had been in my back pocket sat down!! I was amazed when I realised the top 3rd of the screen had shattered so only the top 1cm now works.

I won't be replacing it again, I don't have any confidence in the build quality, the UMI's  advertised as 'Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3' which is suppose to be better than my wife's iPhone 5s. Which is nearly two years old and has been dropped and stood on loads, she even dropped it so hard this week the screen came away from the housing, but it still works fine.

Also, the OS on the UMI is a bit buggy, about 20% of the time I use an app it crashes.

I'm afraid I'm not a convert to UMI, and won't be getting another handset.

But thanks for all your help over the past few week.  
Post time 2017-1-8 23:36:30 | Show all posts
Simon71 replied at 2017-1-8 18:32
Ok so this screen lasted 4 days!!.

The screens are so fragile, it wasn't dropped and I even got a ...

Hi
I am very sad that this happened again.
Nobody can confirm what glass is used for spare parts.
I think you should try repair again your device and buy glass and body protector.
Every iPhone up to iPhone 5 version is very strong and you can't compare to other phones.
IPhone wasn't using OGS glass (I don't know what they using now)  that why if you crack glass digitizer is still working.
I don't want blame you but maybe in one side was small bit more glue or double side tape and that why under pressure cracked.
Don't forget that umi max will be getting android 7.0 soon. So maybe is worth to repair.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-7-16 02:09:49 | Show all posts
Hello all.

My son's phone has a cracked and non-functioning digitiser. The actual screen itself is fine.

We've had local quotes of £65 to repair this, so sadly it isn't worth it at that price.

I have replaced iPad screens a few times so I'm familiar with the essentials of what's involved - the sticking down of the screen using tape, the gentle unclipping of connectors, etc. I am therefore quite keen to try this on the Umi even tho' it looks more involved than on an iPad.

Before I do so, I'd really appreciate some info...

Is the LCD screen and the digitiser bonded together in any way? Ie - is it easy to separate the digitiser from the phone, leaving the screen pretty much untouched?

Does the digitiser require specific software firmwares, or is that just the screen?

Is the digitiser held in place just using double-sided tape (like the iPad)? If so, surely it's easy to remove using a 'scraper'?

Thank you :-)

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-10-4 20:27:22 | Show all posts
Hi can someone please

A) explain me the difference between  F-550028X2N-C and XL0553260B1-33#3 screen version.
and
B) if there is a way to figure out which one I need without taking the phone apart? (Via Settings info?)

I have 2 UMI Max with cracked screens (one Android 7.0 first version the other Android 7.01_20170329) and also the UMI Max of my son the screen becomes unglued and the seal (little black rubber band) on the right side comes lose.

Comments

Hello Friend !! I would also like to know this difference F-550028X2N-C and XL0553260B1-33 # 3. because I want to buy the display of my Umi Max to repair, mine has android 7.0 only found on Aliexpress   Post time 2017-10-21 10:30

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-3-29 01:27:01 | Show all posts
Hi, I saw that there you could now version of screen by few parameters in settings or that is what seller on Aliexpress said.
This is my phones info:
123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list