Umi Max Fingerprint Sensor Bug / Fingerprint Scanner Not Working Correctly

Random25252 Post time 2017-2-3 20:19:46 | Show all posts [Copy link]
28 8459
Author: Random25252

Umi Max Fingerprint Sensor Bug / Fingerprint Scanner Not Working Correctly

[Copy link]
Post time 2016-12-15 00:00:46 | Show all posts
tonyk replied at 2016-12-14 18:31
"Yes when you calibrating sensor then around sensor can't be any object (finger, body skin)..."

D ...

Hi
Don't take me wrong but if you are better and you know everything why you wasting you time on this forum? I tried help you but as you "know"  to fix any problem firstly you need understand what is happening and how something is working. Then you need follow work flow. That why "mister know everything " I tried understand your complaints, then find out which solution you tried already and then try find solution together to fix your issues with your device.
After everything I could only recommend you to comeback to previous ROM as you mentioned that on previous ROM everything was fine. So please look on this link and follow instruction on SPFT.  http://community.umidigi.com/thread-4798-1-1.html Android 7.0 will be available for umi super and umi max in 24.12.2016 and needs to be updated by  SPFT and maybe by OTA.
If you need any more help please feel free.
Regards MarcinP

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-15 15:38:55 | Show all posts
Why 'MIGHT' Android N be available OTA? All phones should receive their updates OTA and not have to have customers dicking around with Flash Tools, Not everyone is tech savvy enough to do it and not everyone (myself here) has the time to do it. This is very poor form from UMI.... how's about you focus on the customers and handsets already out there instead of churning out 4 phones per year, all of which seem to have issues.

Oh, and on topic.... did the recal and the fingerprint sensor is now pretty much useless.... wasn't even touching the phone this morning and it's buzzing away telling me 'not recognised'. And the camera is still utter shite. Screen sensitivity seems to have picked up tho but I think that may be down to the Samsung sensitivity app doing all the work.
Post time 2016-12-17 05:57:20 | Show all posts
Edited by MarcinP at 2016-12-20 17:57 \n\n
p3x982 replied at 2016-12-15 15:38
Why 'MIGHT' Android N be available OTA? All phones should receive their updates OTA and not have to  ...

Hi
Probably there was my fault and that why you misunderstood.
In 24.12.2016 we star developing android 7.0 for umi max through to OTA. As you know there always could be some delay in OTA update depends servers etc.
I men in previous post that manual update for Android 7.0 could be done by SPFT or maybe OTA zip file from this forum from 24.12.2016.
Regards MarcinP

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-20 15:08:12 | Show all posts
Edited by scoopke at 2016-12-20 15:10 \n\nI have the same issue after the OTA update. My fingerprint scanner worked like a charm (and frankly was one of the reasons I chose for the UMI Max), but now it keeps 'reading' unknown fingerprints when it's just laying down on the table. I don't have the knowledge to go back to the previous version of the OS, nor do I want to considering that the newest version is the safest version (right?). I have tried recalibrating and removed all fingerprints and entered them again, but no effect. All the false readings use battery power and it is very annoying not being able to unlock the phone with my fingerprint. Can this be fixed very soon?
Post time 2016-12-20 18:03:06 | Show all posts
scoopke replied at 2016-12-20 15:08
Edited by scoopke at 2016-12-20 15:10 \n\nI have the same issue after the OTA update. My fingerprin ...

Hi
Does your finger print sensor ever worked correctly? Did you ever updated your phone?  If not maybe you have hardware issue which can't be fixed by software update.
Please wait another few days for android 7.0 update and then we see is there any improvement in finger print sensor on your device.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-20 19:18:52 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2016-12-13 15:24
Hi
Several times you could read what you need to do to fix finger print issue. Firstly go to setting ...

Worked for me! TY

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-2-1 17:32:04 | Show all posts
First of all, hello to all UMi users, this is my first post on the forum. I had to contribute, because some moderators keep trying to convince us that the company's faulty firmware is our own fault.
The fingerprint scanner is out of whack, the only time it works is with the first (819) firmware, and 90% percent of the time too, not 100%. I updated the second day I bought the phone, OTA, to 017, boy did I regret that.
Thankfully I am tech savvy and I almost emediately downgraded to 819 again, because I really wanted the scanner to work. Now I have an OTA update available again, this time for 923, and reading the forum complaints, I dont think I will upgrade until UMi solves the issues. Until then of course I am less protected because of the older security updates that come with the older fikrmware I have.
Lastly, MarcinP, please don't be that rude, there is no use avoidint the problem and directing it to the customers, we all spent our hard earned money, and for some it may not be that much but for others it is, we are only looking for solutions, not to blame anyone, don't get defensive.

Sincerely, Andriana Roo.

TL;DR    THE FINGERPRINT SCANNER IS NOT A CALIBRATION PROBLEM, IT IS A FIRMWARE PROBLEM, FIX IT UMI AND CONTROL YOUR RUDE MODERATORS. NAMASTE!!!
Post time 2017-2-2 08:20:10 | Show all posts
AndrianaRoo replied at 2017-2-1 17:32
First of all, hello to all UMi users, this is my first post on the forum. I had to contribute, beca ...

Hi
This is not nice that you called me be rude!
Did you read all my posts only on this thread? Did you see that I trying understand every user complaints and try find solution? I using my self umi max and I know what I talking about. Currently I don't have finger print problem because I calibrated sensor and then set new fingerprint samples.
Please look here for latest available firmwares
http://community.umidigi.com/forum-133-1.html
If you are not happy with latest software you can always use SPFT to comeback to older version.
Here you can read about SPFT updating procedure
http://community.umidigi.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11
Post time 2017-2-2 08:25:50 | Show all posts
AndrianaRoo replied at 2017-2-1 17:32
First of all, hello to all UMi users, this is my first post on the forum. I had to contribute, beca ...

The next thing.
If you are tech savvy you should understand some stuff.
You can always swap only system partition from latest ROM to the oldest as oldest one is the best for fingerprint by your opinion.
So you will get latest system with the best drivers.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2017-2-3 20:19:46 | Show all posts
Edited by AndrianaRoo at 2017-2-3 20:22 \n\n
MarcinP replied at 2017-2-2 08:25
The next thing.
If you are tech savvy you should understand some stuff.
You can always swap only ...

As you understand from my comment I have already switched back, that's exactly what I said. And forgive me but you are rude to many customers, I have read a lot of threads. And lastly, just because you claim that the fingerprint calibration worked for you, doesn't mean that this was the problem, for most people it's a firmware thing, and by insisting that it's not it only makes it worse.

Oh and what do you mean ts not nice for me to call you rude?? It's not nice being rude and I just told you that you come off as rude so that you would look into it and maybe stop it if you really don't wont to be perceived as rude, simple as that!
1234Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list