Welcome UMi Super Beta Testers! - READ THIS FIRST!!!

bencebacsi Post time 2016-11-19 05:13:34 | Show all posts [Copy link]
166 20053
View: 20053|Reply: 166

Welcome UMi Super Beta Testers! - READ THIS FIRST!!!

[Copy link]
Post time 2016-11-18 10:49:29 | Show all posts |Read mode
super_beta.jpg

Dear Beta Testers,

Welcome to UMi's UMi Super Android 7.0 beta testing program and thank you for your interest.
As a registered user, you are able to access this section of the UMi Communiy Forum to download its contents and to post your own thoughts.
Each beta ROM version will be provided in new, highlighted threads with the version name in the title. A such thread will be open for new posts until the issuance of the next beta release. After their closure the old threads will still be available for reading and downloading but not for new posts.
Before starting your testing job, please attentively get through the information below.
May you have a nice time at work!

Desclaimer
Please note, experimenting with the system software of your phone may permanently brick it driving to lose your warranty. Important! Retailers are not obligated to deal in warranty with devices ruined by overwriting the system software by the user. Once you have made your smartphone useless by bad flashing and you are not able to recover its factory state, you are not allowed to request your seller to repair or replace your device for free of charge. Furthermore, UMi is not responisible for any damages or data loss caused by flashing a beta ROM provided in the beta secetion of this forum. The software contents provided in the beta section are made or approved by UMi but they do not make the official parts of the device that was sold by your retailer. If the hardware of your UMi Super smartphone gets damaged due to the bad working of an unofficial software, only reflashing the stock ROM will not reinstate the warranty status of your device.
YOU ARE WARNED!

Beside the obvious risks, theoretically you can anytime go back to a stock Marshmallow ROM by flashing it with SP Flash Tool, even if you've completely bricked your phone, and we have never heard about any indefectible damages caused by a beta release. Flashing a stock ROM is also the process you have to do in case if you decide to leave the beta program.

Benefits of being a beta tester at UMi:
  • You can try out yourself as a developer, what can be a unique challange to anybody who has interests to infomatics and mobile technology.
  • You can enjoy the Android Nougat experience sooner than anybody else who uses this smartphone. Your friends will envy you.
  • You have the chance to customize your phone in an official stock software - if you have good and feasible ideas, they will be added to the final release.
  • +1:  As the most enthusiastic and smartest tester you will be eligible to be chosen as the one who receives a nice gift from UMi for free of charge.

Requirements:
  • You have to be the owner of at least one piece of UMi Super smartphone. We do not supply our testers with free devices.
  • You have to have a stable working desktop or notebook PC with at least 4GB RAM installed and running a variant of a 64-bit Windows 10 system. To use older or 32-bit Windows systems is not allowed.
  • You must be a skilled user of MediaTek's SP Flash Tool. Testers asking about how to work with SPFT and how to install the needed drivers will be ignored.
  • You must be familiar with the MTK EngineeringMode at a user level. For example If we request you to run the YGPS app or to set your phone to 4G band only, do not ask us how to do that.
  • The beta releases will be provided in SP Flash Tool compatible format only. No OTA or recovery updates will be available. As a beta tester you are obliged to flash every release as a clean installation by choosing the 'Firmware Upgrade' option in the flasher app. When updating to a new beta version, you are not allowed to keep your old user data, the userdata partition always have to be overwritten by the one contained in the ROM package. If that turns out (proven), you reported an issue caused by the user data created in an older release, your further posts will be ignored.
  • As a beta tester, you can read and write threads and posts in the beta test section without any limitation but only the highlighted threads containing the resources of the beta ROM will be monitored by the UMi staff.
  • As a beta tester we expect from you to frequently report the issues you found and your well considered suggestions about possibly useful improvements.
  • Please not only write but also read the forum to avoid repeated reports of the same issues. Beta testers who obvioulsy never read the posts of other testers, just post their own ones will be banned from the beta testing program. This is a team work, so we have to cooperate with each other.
Recommendations for the testers:
  • You should use your test device as your everyday smartphone, carrying it with you all day.
  • Install the apps that you normally use but avoid to install apps with uncertain origin. Install apps only from the Google Play Store.
  • After flashing a new version, test the basic functions before installing your own apps.
  • Prepare with at least one redundant USB cable and computer to always be able to flash your phone.
  • Never let the battery to be discharged under 10%, except if that is your intention (for testing purpose) and the discharging process is continuously monitored by you.
  • Always charge the battery to at least 50% before flashing.
  • In the beta test section you will be able to open new threads to discuss your thoughts and issues, even such problems that are not allowed to complain in the main thread - see the requirements above. However, those threads will not be monitored by UMi, except for moderation.
  • Please report your issues and suggestions briefly in the ROM's thread. Each new beta version will open a new thread while the older threads will be closed for further posts.
  • That is not a requirement but we highly appreciate if you find not only an issue but also its source as well. A such user definitely can be the winner of our reward.

That's all. Thank you for your interest and I'm looking to seeing you in the UMi Super Android 7.0 beta test program as our appreciated workmate.

Yours sincerely,
Ben @ UMi
 Author| Post time 2016-11-26 10:25:57 | Show all posts
Tecnolory replied at 2016-11-25 23:11
Edited by Tecnolory at 2016-11-25 23:28 \n\n Edited by Tecnolory at 2016-11-25 23:26 \n\n Edited by ...

If you look at the counter of my posts here, you can imagine that, I cannot remember everything, that I said in the past. However, I know what was impossible from me to be said. I'm definitely sure, I've never promised to release the Android 7.0 upgrade for the Super first, definitely not 5 months ago, when we had known nothing concrete about this project yet and the UMi Plus was non-existent. That was my personal opinion only (and later), the Super should receive the Android 7.0 upgrade first.
The other thing: The Android 7.0 upgrade for the Plus was already in early development when that model was released.
 Author| Post time 2016-11-21 02:06:56 | Show all posts
UMI-Super replied at 2016-11-20 22:36
When you say next week you mean Monday or another day in the week ?
Thanks.

When I say next week, I don't know which day or I'd have told that. I strive to publish the first beta ROM as soon as possible.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-11-18 22:21:17 | Show all posts
Yeah I want be tester too please. My SP Flash Tool is already open waiting for this precious beta 7.0

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-11-18 21:58:26 | Show all posts
icedzed replied at 2016-11-18 20:45
i want to be one of the tester, how? i'm using umi super as my daily phone, with 2 sim cards

Good question...

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-12-22 02:54:03 | Show all posts
Well call me coward but I will wait with the nougat rom. Apart for some minor bugs my super is running OK. Let somebody else be the guinea pig.
Post time 2016-12-19 06:53:18 | Show all posts
umigus replied at 2016-12-17 22:03
Of course I free to choose and do not install the update if I do not want to.
My thinking is that 7  ...

Hi
The beta version for umi super wasn't released. There was plan to release beta version.
Now we waiting for official full android 7.0 Firmware which should be done in 24.12.2016.
Every update is for improve some small hardware issues/differences. That why on some devices you could not see differences after update.
As you know first version of new ROM could have some small issues too and probably needs to be improved in future that why some users could decide staying with older ROM to avoid some disappointment and wait for complete improved stock ROM.
Post time 2016-12-14 20:51:01 | Show all posts
madalin replied at 2016-12-14 18:14
Umi plus has 3 beta...Umi super 0... I don't understand the pourpose of these post Welcome UMi Super ...

Sorry for your inconvenience but we thought that beta version will be available sooner.
Currently umi engineers finish V3.01_20161209  Android 7.0 firmware
for UMI Plus and now can fully focus on umi super and umi max firmware which should be released on 24. 12.2016 as full proper version.
Hopefully this information,  give to all umi super and umi max users,  update about Android 7.0

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-12 23:08:01 | Show all posts
Edited by Altbe at 2016-12-12 23:10 \n\nGood news about Nougat update: http://www.gizmochina.com/2016/1 ... umi-plus-right-now/

For UMI Plus update starts rolling out today.

"In addition, UMi promised the update for Super and Max as well. The company told they will be pushed out this month, so more good news for UMi users."

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-11 16:43:41 | Show all posts
I never tasted Nougat before, but i think it taste really Lies.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-12-8 03:25:42 | Show all posts

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-11-18 17:27:10 | Show all posts
Glad to see Android N Beta finally opened for UMI Super
We need to register somewhere to can access to the Beta firmware or just need to wait ?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-11-18 18:47:47 | Show all posts
finally....

Use magic Report

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-18 20:06:45 | Show all posts
Bom dia.
Muito boa essa notícia, mas qual será o procedimento para ser um beta teste?
E

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-18 20:45:22 | Show all posts
i want to be one of the tester, how? i'm using umi super as my daily phone, with 2 sim cards

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-11-18 22:07:22 | Show all posts
Well! Count me in, please.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-19 01:17:25 | Show all posts
I also want to test as soon as possible, thank you

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-19 05:13:34 | Show all posts
Still waiting for the link to download the Android N Beta...
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list