9 1700
View: 1700|Reply: 9

Umi Super Stopped Working and turned off, can't turn on

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-8 09:52:18 | Show all posts |Read mode
I'm really worried about my phone. It's about 6 months old and today during a phone call it beeped - just a normal beep sound - and I looked at the screen and it said Powering Off. It turned itself off and I can't turn it on.

When I connect it to the computer, it charges and the computer said USB not recognised (maybe because it was off, I don't know). If I charge it either by USB or power point, I can see the red glowing notification.

I took the SIM and SD card out and repeated but no luck. It's been half a day or so and I still can't turn it on. I'm pulling my hair out.

I've read on other issues and the only other information I could give is:

- I had no services on, eg, GPS, data connection, wifi, etc.
- I have never flashed the phone.
- I updated Google Play yesterday or the day before.
- All software on the phone was up to date.

It seems very random to me and I've wracked my brains trying to get it to turn on. If anyone can help that will be awesome. I can't afford tech and this is the best thing I've ever had and up to now I've recommended it to everybody. I'm so disappointed!!

Thanks for anything anyone can offer

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-11-12 11:44:46 | Show all posts
Update: have tried to turn the phone on since it stopped working. Supplier will accept phone for repair but because it's "damaged", my country won't allow it to be shipped so I'm stuck with it and no hope of a replacement or a fix. I notice that putting it on charge no longer provides the charge notification. I contacted Umi direct and no reply as yet. It appears I may need to try find a local shop that can fix phones, or fix it myself. If it's the latter, does anyone have any tips on how to disassemble, diagnose, and replace the required part(s) so I can keep using this phone?

Never buying a phone with an inbuilt battery again. This is the worst phone I've ever had - great specs, but what's the point if it doesn't work. Complete waste of money but sounded so promising at the point of sale.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-12 16:33:46 | Show all posts
Hi,

this is great video of disassembling UMI. I had to do it too. I had power button not working so I couldn't turn my UMI on or off. For now the phone is working but it would definitely deserved better buttons. Anyway here is the promised video:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=l_VMcIX0hJY

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-11-12 16:55:04 | Show all posts
not sure if your still using your computer to try to get it charged, but here is a useful article which covers this:-

https://www.extremetech.com/comp ... -up-your-smartphone

the short answer is use the wall charger, otherwise you need to use a computer that has a dedicated usb charging port, especially with a battery the size of the umi super, it might also be the case you need to turn this port 'on' for 'charging' in your computers settings, (which can vary by manufacturer)
Post time 2016-11-13 22:41:13 | Show all posts
chriswillisau replied at 2016-11-12 11:44
Update: have tried to turn the phone on since it stopped working. Supplier will accept phone for rep ...

Hi
Probably Your phone is fully charged that why is no more showing red light on notification light .
When your phone is fully charged you should re-flash your phone using SPFT to check in case low battery level caused phone ti switched off with some error .
Other option is that power button is faulty .
Definitely no need open phone , because what you expect to see there , there is no moving parts to get jammed etc ;-) .
Firstly try SPFT , then power button .

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-11-15 10:19:58 | Show all posts
Thanks very much for all the helpful tips, that's so nice of you all.

May I ask if the SPFT instructions in the following link are the correct ones for the Umi Super http://www.getcooltricks.com/and ... ft-latest-tutorial/

I hope others stumble across your answers here. I want to ensure the above link is correct then I'll have a crack at it. Not had much experience flashing, mostly works by following instructions to the letter and usually easy to do. Will update this thread as I go along as possible solution for others.

Cheers

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-11-15 16:57:34 | Show all posts
I looks fine, except for the UMI Super, you should uncheck PRELOADER - If not, your touch screen may be inoperable.
Also, uncheck USRDATA if you want to keep installed apps and settings. Flashing the USRDATA partition wipes everything.
Here's another guide - The one I followed: http://community.umidigi.com/for ... &extra=page%3D1
Post time 2016-11-15 17:05:47 | Show all posts
Edited by MarcinP at 2016-11-15 17:07 \n\n
chriswillisau replied at 2016-11-15 10:19
Thanks very much for all the helpful tips, that's so nice of you all.

May I ask if the SPFT instruc ...

This instruction is nearly 100% correct .
Download SPFT
Download ROM (latest for your phone )
Download driver .
Open driver and install on your computer
Plug in your phone in to computer and check is driver working , try with phone switched on and off
Open and unpack/unzip whole ROM in to one folder
Open SPFT
Click scatter download and find your ROM folder and click scatter
Uncheck preloader on SPFT incase you have different screen driver
Press download and then plug in your phone and check is bottom bar changing colour. If nothing happens unplug your phone Start again all SPFT but this time plug in your phone with power button pressed until SPFT start uploading software (around 10 seconds ) all software should be done in about 10 minutes

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2021-1-26 13:13:17 | Show all posts
It is the problem with your cell phone battery as per your comments. You just need to visit the brand-customer department for this otherwise custom essay writing service can help you to check out your phone problem and will help out you to resolve it on your own.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2021-2-15 18:42:58 | Show all posts
Edited by Jasminmark at 2021-2-15 18:44  

Law is not an easy subject to study, largely in part because of the vast amounts of legal information that its disciples are expected to fully memorise. While some students may benefit from photographic memory, not all of them do. Many of them need essay help or else they would fail. If you find yourself in a similar disposition, then do not despair and contact us at Crowd Content. We will look after your writing projects so that you can relax comfortably in the knowledge that you will receive brilliant writing work from our highly-qualified professional essay writers UK.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list