Suggestions for Umi Max Updates

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-2 01:25:49 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by MichaelA at 2016-11-11 07:20 \n\nHi,

Suggestions for future updates to the UMI Max

1. Ability for Standby Halequin LED to remain constantly on, rather than flashing/pulsing. I think this would look a lot nicer. It would be good acting like a traditional hardware button- light up constantly when the screen is on, and off when the screen is off unless displaying a notification.
2. Ability to set Halequin LED to different colours for specific different apps, rather than just Miscellaneous- more control
3. Halequin LED- Red when charging, yellow when charging but 90%+. green when 100%- so you have more of an idea of battery %.
4. Halequin LED- Control rate of flash/pulse, and whether it flashes or is constantly lit for notications.
5. Shortcut button- able to act as camera shutter/ launch camera when phone locked. Have the option of allowing it to open any app of your choice even when phone locked.
6. Still need some improvements to fingerprint recognition, in the older version I added the same fingerprint more than once which seemed to help, but it now stops you from doing this.
7. Google now on Tap- this is a good new feature than this phone doesn't seem to have! When holding the home button we should get google now on tap rather than the cached apps. Cached apps should be shown when holding down another of the buttons so that we can use google now on tap.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-3 16:51:06 | Show all posts
Just please do something with the camera!

The preview is lagging / freezing.
The photos are blurred even if object is slowly moving.

Moreover I cannot use any other apps for taking pictures in low lightning.
The preview and photos are very dark.
You can see the pictures here Camera problems

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-12 02:41:57 | Show all posts
Andrew82, adjust iso and exposure, and embrace that the camera is bad on this phone.
MichaelA, sorry for crushing your dreams, but guys here won't do anything about these suggestions. They're rolling in the money of constantly new phone models, and too busy to fix or add anything.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-11-23 15:34:37 | Show all posts
As Alarg said, i would bet my house on there never being any kind of fix / update for the MAx. Umi churn out a new phone every few months and give little to no shit about it's customers.Umi stated on here that a few MAX handsets were shipped with the ROM that means you cannot get OTA without flashing yet it seems that every single member on here got the shit ROM.

For me it's doubtful i'll touch an UMI again, but for the time being i'll make do with the MAX as it is. I know it's easy to flash the phone and manually update it but once you add babies into the mix then customers like me have zero time to sit there messing around.

Very poor form from UMI but as the PLUS, PLUS E and DIAMOND are now around the MAX will be forgotten about,

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-13 21:45:58 | Show all posts
Hi,
I've just installed december 2016 update. It seems all good, except for fingerprint recognition. It seems it works only if i block the screen by pressing the lock button, if i lock it by application, it doesn't apply, it asks directly for the pin or model. I have a launcher that locks the screen when i double tap home button, so i can protect the button.
I don't know why this feature has changed, but it's very very annoying !
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list