6 1551
View: 1551|Reply: 6

Umi Max harlequin led notification problem

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-10-12 15:11:06 | Show all posts |Read mode
The harlequin led is continuously glowing with the standby display coulour even when the device screen is turned off. Pls tell me a solution.
Post time 2016-10-12 19:59:19 | Show all posts
Go to settings > harlequin LED notifications > standby display > and change to none or change to other colours if you like

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-10-13 23:58:48 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2016-10-12 19:59
Go to settings > harlequin LED notifications > standby display > and change to none or change to oth ...

I know that. But the led is glowing even when the display is off. I want to make it glow only when i turn the display.
Post time 2016-10-14 16:03:53 | Show all posts
Rockermr replied at 2016-10-13 23:58
I know that. But the led is glowing even when the display is off. I want to make it glow only when ...

Hi
Sorry but  I think that you confusing your self. This is not just some light this is NOTIFICATION LIGHT so if you know everything how you want to expect notification light working only when screen is on?
Engineers made settings and you can only use those settings which are available so don't try change something which is working 100% correctly.
Maybe you wish to change but by my opinion this is just your imagination.
As I informed you all ready you can change colour of notifications and you can use up to seven colours different for different notification or if you want you can choose same colours and you can switch this NOTIFICATION LIGHT as stand by light too. If you don't want this light glowing all the time simply go to settings and switch off .

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-10-15 00:11:45 | Show all posts
MarcinP replied at 2016-10-14 16:03
Hi
Sorry but  I think that you confusing your self. This is not just some light this is NOTIFICAT ...

U got me wrong. I know its harlequin light not any ordinary light. Im not speaking about missedcall, msg, etc alert. I know that they will glow when call, msg arrives irrespective of phone state.

Im speaking only about standyby light. I like the ligth glowing continuously  when using the mobile. It looks stylish and gives a royal feel when the light glows when we use our mobile for browsing, gaming or whatever. But the thing is that it wont turn off when i off my display. So im saying that it will be good if the develpers add the facility to turn off the standby display light when i off my screen. But the light for missed call and messages shud glow. Im telling only the stand by light colour to  turn off. Again when i turn on my display the standby light should start glowing. I want to do so coz it consume battery when im not using the phone by simply glowing when no one is noticing it. I hope u can get me.
Post time 2016-10-15 06:33:32 | Show all posts
Dear Rockermr,

I understand your desire but since it's a very faint and thin light, it shouldn't cause any disturbance if your screen is off, not even if you're staying in a completely dark environment. Beside that, I can ensure you, the power consumption of the glowing Harlequin light is so low, that can't be even compared to any other hardware parts of your phone, that's still working while your phone is in standby mode. If that light would be the only consumer, the battery could last for months if not for years.
I hope, you can understand.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-10-16 03:31:06 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2016-10-15 06:33
Dear Rockermr,

I understand your desire but since it's a very faint and thin light, it shouldn't ca ...

@bencebacsi

I can get you. But imagine i have placed my phone in a table & when a 3rd person sees it he may think its strange and he will tell that i have received some notification or missed call in my phone. I have to convince them that its not any notification but just standby light. So it would be good if u add a option to turnoff when display is off in ur future rom updates.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list