low sound on call is a very big bug
on viber and messenger calls interrupted
battery drain if don't have a good network signal

thanks..

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-7 10:47:25 | Show all posts
Edited by PVK at 2016-12-15 13:36 \n\n Edited by PVK at 2016-12-15 13:31 \n\n Edited by PVK at 2016-12-7 11:27 \n\nHi, I am facing a problem using my secular data: I can connect to 4G (LTE) when there is one, but if there is only 3G I can not connect. I tried switching the phone to 3G, but it does not help. I live in Bulgaria and my carrier is Mtel.  Any ideas?How can I check if my GPS is working properly?

Update: About GPS - I foundn after reading in other forums that the original UMI case is causing problem to the GPS modul due to using metal in it. I have removed it and the GPS works good for now.
But the problem with the mobile internet (4G, 3G) still exists. After playing around with it and doing even factory reset (painful job!) and came to the conclusion it is probably a software problem. PLASE, FIX IT! You give a bad name to this otherwise good phone!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-13 12:05:10 | Show all posts
PVK replied at 2016-12-7 10:47
Edited by PVK at 2016-12-7 11:27 \n\nHi, I am facing a problem using my secular data: I can connect ...

Sorry if this sounds simplistic, but have you tried manually adding your APN settings? I've had this problem myself before, and if I added my APN settings manually, it solved the problem. Googling your Network Provider settings should give you the info you need, or you can try calling your mobile provider direct for their advice. If that doesn't work, then you are one of hundreds of Max owners who have found this device to be kinda broken unforunately. The software is a bit of a joke as far as I can tell.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-13 12:25:06 | Show all posts
PVK replied at 2016-12-7 10:47
Edited by PVK at 2016-12-7 11:27 \n\nHi, I am facing a problem using my secular data: I can connect ...

Oh and as far as GPS goes... Checkout an app called "GPS test" on google play. This will show whether your GPS is working or not. If this app shows GPS not working, then it may be time to get a replacement, as it seems as if some Umi Max devices simply have broken GPS capabilities. I reckon this is probably a software problem, but cannot be sure, and your device might actually have suffered a hardware failure. I really hope that you don't have to send the device to China, as you will, most likely, never see the device again, and will not get a refund either. Unfortunate but true. Also, don't let Umi try and fob you off with the reurning to China nonsense, and approach your seller instead. They may be China based too of course, but they should at least be able to confirm a replacement before you send your device to them. If not, be difficult! Don't listen to their lies, keep pushing, and threaten legal action, as they really do not like that! Also try telling them how much you will rubbish them online if they do not help. A simple "my Umi Max is broken and Umi/ Gearbest were useless" video on YouTube would be a good start, as it is easily verifiable. Do not let them beat you down, as they have far far far more resources at hand than you as an individual do, and therefore can quite easily afford to replace your defective device (this includes software issues, as one broken API can reduce a "feature" to non-existant, which is false advertising, and is also supplying a device that does not conform to its description, both of which are completely illegal!). Moreover, Umi, Cubot, etc, spend about one euro per year on legal support, so anyone with a basic law degree could run rings around them, especially as said legal support will be China based, and they will therefore not understand non-Chinese law at all. Everything in China is cheap, but it is cheap for a reason (poor quality, inept after sales, terrible attitude towards customers, etc), and that includes legal services.
Post time 2016-12-13 15:47:49 | Show all posts
Thedons1983 replied at 2016-12-13 12:25
Oh and as far as GPS goes... Checkout an app called "GPS test" on google play. This will show whet ...

Sorry for copy and paste my simple explanation but I don't have time to deal with you.
Hi
I can see that you have big problem with reading to mutch Google and other forums (how to sue companies). But if you start thinking you understand that umi is selling phones in China with Chinese roles and this is only your choice to buy from resellers pages and ship product to your country. That why customs asking you and only YOU to pay VAT and /or customs duties charges. Of course umi have some small problems with hardware or software which could happen in production but don't forget that big companies as Samsung or Apple didn't solve they own faults too. We still trying to help all umi customers and we trying how best we can. Our budget is not as Samsung or Apple but we do not disagree any factory faults and we always recommending contact to seller if you have any hardware problem or if you are not happy with product (depending seller roles). We not hiding any phone specifications which could cause further disappointment in umi customers. Don't forget that price of umi products is most times 3 to 4 times cheaper than other brands which you try all ready sue.
Regards MarcinP

Comments

PVK
What if the seller is not helping with the problem?  Post time 2016-12-15 13:48

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-15 13:37:36 | Show all posts
About GPS - I found after reading in other forums that the original UMI case is causing problem to the GPS module due to using metal in it. I have removed it and the GPS works good for now.
But the problem with the mobile internet (4G, 3G) still exists. After playing around with it and doing even factory reset (painful job!) and came to the conclusion it is probably a software problem. PLEASE, FIX IT! You give a bad name to this otherwise good phone!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-17 22:43:32 | Show all posts
Hi my brand new UMI Max drops wifi and Bluetooth after 20 seconds. can anyone help??

Post time 2016-12-18 03:49:30 | Show all posts
rob251060 replied at 2016-12-17 22:43
Hi my brand new UMI Max drops wifi and Bluetooth after 20 seconds. can anyone help??

Please check firmware version go to settings - about phone - build version if is latest available please update you device to latest one from this link http://community.umidigi.com/forum-133-1.html or through to FOTA go to settings - about phone - wireless update - check for updates.
Please try switch off all connections options and try one by one (only wi-fi, then only Bluetooth)
Please check battery saving modes. I recommend switch my mode go to settings - battery saving mode - battery profiles - My mode.
Please check wi-fi advanced settings go to settings - wi-fi press three dots on top right corner - advanced - keep wi-fi on during sleep - always
Then try again.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-18 21:38:56 | Show all posts
Thank You Thank You Thank You, MarcinP. the update did not solve the issue... but the bit about setting the power mode worked. i switched off the power save and now the blue tooth and wifi stay on. Problem Solved. Now I love the phone. Thanks again

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-12-18 21:40:59 | Show all posts
Thank You MarcinP the update did not solve it but switching the power save mode off did the trick. Wifi and Blue tooth now staying on. Problem solved. Thanks big time.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list