Author: VlskDrw

Iron does not detect Simcard anymore

[Copy link]

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2015-9-3 04:01:46 | Show all posts
Edited by Blandroid at 2015-9-3 04:05 \n\nI've already answered this on the thread that I started but I'll say it again here for absolute clarity....

I have NEVER inserted a user-cut nano sim in my phone.  The standard sim card came pre-cut by the factory - all the user has to do is pop out the appropriate size for their phone, in my case it was the nano size.

MOST sim cards come like that these days so if that's an issue for the UMI Iron sim tray design they're going to have to do something - fast.

And, I have never nor would ever open the sim tray to remove or reinsert a sim or SD card without my phone being turned off.

Judging by the experiences of people who have posted here in this forum, something is wrong and it's hardware related.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-9-8 04:44:29 | Show all posts
Hello.
I bought a UMI IRON in Amazon, I have received today. When I went to upgrade I've seen that does not read the microSD card.
Reading I see that this is a general problem of UMI IRON, is that correct?
I do not understand how they can make the sale untested products. I upgraded to the latest version but still not reading the microSD so I guess I'll give it back tomorrow and ask for the money back.
Please if anyone knows if there is any solution to this problem of UMI, that you discuss me because the phone not so worth
Thanks

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-9-13 21:13:15 | Show all posts
hi i have the same problem for no reason the phone dont detect sim card i have cut  it and i will go tomorow to get a new one and hope its this the problem  i have 1.6 rom

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-10-18 03:52:53 | Show all posts
Same thing with a resized SIM card, but it happened after flashing the phone with a new ROM. In my case, I still don't know wether it's a IMEI (I restored it...)/NVRAM problem, or if it's hardware related. My phone reads my SD card, though...
Post time 2015-10-18 06:43:48 | Show all posts
Haagentis replied at 2015-10-18 03:52
Same thing with a resized SIM card, but it happened after flashing the phone with a new ROM. In my c ...

If you can read out the IMEI numbers by dialing *#06#, then that cannot be the reason. You should get an original nano SIM card. That's not just smaller but thinner as well.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-2-20 04:18:25 | Show all posts
Hi Guys,

I've been loving the phone (received on 31. Dec.), it works perfectly - until I tried to insert a SD card.
I sadly noticed that my device also had some problem with detecting the SD card and the SIM together.
I can insert the SIM alone - works perfectly. I can insert the SD card alone - works nicely.
But if I insert both of them then only the SD card is detected. Yes, I have a home-cut SIM but if it were a problem then it wouldn't be recognized either when it is inserted alone.

Any idea would be appreciated? Thx.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-2-26 01:30:11 | Show all posts
#### I need help, please ####
Some SIM cards I use are detected and functional on my UMI ROME
BUT... Some are not.
What do I need to do  (codes wize) to do in order to detect and recognize all my SIM CARDS?
Thanks.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-2-26 01:42:16 | Show all posts
My unrecognized microSIM Cards are genuine, NOT CROPPED.
arrived as microSIM from communication company.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-4-5 01:24:10 | Show all posts
Hi there,  

I have had the UMI iron for over 3 months and suddenly it is not recognising my microSIM.  I restored the phone to it's factory settings but still nothing.  Any suggestions?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-6-6 21:01:22 | Show all posts
I have same problem.
Only one sim card is working.
My second slot never worked. Always says "SIM empty" and SD card damaged.
Please, advice...
123Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list