View: 1051|Reply: 2

The kernel and camera sources.

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-8-15 15:07:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hi,

Is it possible for UMi or it's developers to publish the sources for kernel and camera for the Super smartphone? The stock rom is having issues, problems etc and users want custom roms. Unfortunately, since the bugs and problems are there, people like me(and some developers) are interested in making custom roms for this device. It's a pity, that we've come to this.

The UMi super is amazing for it's looks - I cannot deny it. It's a great piece of hardware for magnificent price, but the software is complete bullocks. The battery life isn't as good as it could be. There are touch issues. We can't edit the tiles(only when enabling the System UI tuner).I do think the stock rom has some neat features, but it doesn't make up the problems. And we still don't have that promised CyanogenMod13. We could make it ourselves, youknow.

UMi should give the power of creating roms to the fans and users, who bought this great piece of hardware for them.
UMi should give us the freedom we thought we could get, when purchasing this really good looking device and piece of hardware.

I hope I can make a difference. I hope that WE can make a difference with creating custom roms. If there's anyone from UMi I can email, who could give out the sources, then tell me.

Have a great day!

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-8-16 04:51:29 | Show all posts
Release as much information as possible to the developers,  it's the only way to prolong the longevity of this device.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-10-11 01:54:00 | Show all posts
Umi, you could learn from OnePlus, a great (but small) compagny. You are doing wrong.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list