17 2645
View: 2645|Reply: 17

Worse product at world: Umi Touch

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-7-21 03:06:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
I bought an UMI Touch from Aliexpress a few weeks ago. I received order. I was happy. But, now Umi is eating itself There are 3 problems at first week!

First problem (came with that problem): My Touch's fingerprint sensor is too slow (3-4 seconds and tries). And not working with thumb (finger) usually. And not works at darkness.
      =>  see more at this link: http://community.umidigi.com/for ... ypeid%26typeid%3D35

Second problem (3th day): LCD Screen has dead pixels on green color. And pixels increases day by day... (If I push slowly to screen, dead pixels goes away. Just 1 pixel remains. But they comes again when UMI heats)

Third problem (6th day): There is interrupt on rear flash (dualtone); Sometimes rear flash is not working. If I taps slowly, flash works. But usually not works.

Fourth problem (came with that problem): There is not orientation. For instance, can not use VR glass, or can not play PokemonGo Orientation is not changed.

(I tried factory settings and reflash. Problems about hardware)

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-9-28 02:41:28 | Show all posts
Edited by mdebouw at 2016-9-28 18:51 \n\nHi bencebacsi

Just some faults that I'm facing with:
  • it gets too hot! (way too hot to make a phone call when one uses it to browse the internet)
  • GPS not working as it should (at every turn the GPS is completely confused about where my car is going and on which road I am at that moment) (which was an important reason for me to buy the phone)
  • sound is too low for convenient phone talks
  • charger is already broken after 4 months (it becomes burning hot)
  • the photos taken with this phone are crappy (as soon as the light is not perfect or when shooting indoors, the pictures are over or under exposed, there is a glare on them ...) (which was an important reason for me to buy the phone)
  • fingerprint sensor is not working as it should (slow, many times it doesn't recognise the fingerprint (and yes I tried to adapt it), sometimes it just seems to notice a fingerprint even when my finger isn't on it)
  • the flashlight is very poor quality (pictures are not useable when using the flash; the light is not enough for using it as a torch)
  • the screen sensitivity is limited
  • the promised rootjoy and win10 was abandonned (which was an important reason for me to buy the phone)
  • no fast charging which was announced when the phone was launched
  • (other problems too as you can read in this forum, but the above ones I experienced myself on my Umi Touch)

Most annoying are the heath, bad GPS and the bad camera & flashlight...

All of this is too bad, as the specs were very promising and the looks aregreat.
It would be better that Umi doesn't release that much phones in one year, but releases just a few of them that are really working and are been kept up to date...

I really hope the next ROM update fixes the abovementioned issues and that the Nougat update also comes to this phone...

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-7-26 15:39:50 | Show all posts
Can somebody from Umi confirm that there will be an update for the Umi touch ???
Not even when, just confirm that they're still working on it ? Are we waiting for something or can we directly throw the phone to the bin !!!!
Please give us an official answer so nobody lose his time !!!
Thanks

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-7-21 11:49:15 | Show all posts
Hi dear,
1) I suggest you to reset your input fingerprint with your thumb.
2) If the dead pixels have influenced your experience, you can contact the reseller which you purchased your phone to apply for warranty or ask the reseller send you accessories to you.
3) Sorry for your inconveinence, perhaps this is a hardware problem.
You might have a bad connected or misplaced antenna that should be mended.
Please check the following post.
http://community.umidigi.com/for ... amp;page=3#pid19232                    
we will update our software soon, and optimize the GPS performance continuously.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-7-21 15:53:30 | Show all posts
jo@jo1234 replied at 2016-7-21 11:49
Hi dear,
1) I suggest you to reset your input fingerprint with your thumb.
2) If the dead pixels ha ...

Firstly, Thanks for reply.
1-)I tried reset fingerprint with my thumb. But the problem is not solved. I think, problem about that: fingerprint sensor did not placed correctly. Or broken.
2-)A few dead pixels not a problem. But I think a lot of dead pixels incoming. I can not contact to reseller. Because Turket VATs is not allowed to send a phone to other country (or receive). How I can found a LCD screen for replacement? Is it possible?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-9-27 03:12:42 | Show all posts

Can somebody from Umi confirm that there will be an update for the Umi touch ???
Not even when, just confirm that they're still working on it ? Are we waiting for something or can we directly throw the phone to the bin !!!!
Please give us an official answer so nobody lose his time !!!
Thanks
Post time 2016-9-27 07:05:51 | Show all posts
Kaikoku replied at 2016-9-27 03:12
Not even when, jus ...

The UMi Touch wil get an Android 7 upgrade if MediaTek releases the SDK for the MT6753 SoC. Otherwise, if you think your Android 6.0 phone stops working without updates, despite that, even Android 4.4 devices still can be used without any serious restrictions, you may throw it out anytime.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-9-27 16:47:20 | Show all posts
You misunderstand what i say.
We can throw your Umi touch, not because of the absence of Android nougat, but because the present ROM is top buggy and no update will appear.
Not even a marschmallow update...

Post time 2016-9-27 18:02:37 | Show all posts
Kaikoku replied at 2016-9-27 16:47
You misunderstand what i say.
We can throw your Umi touch, not because of the absence of Android no ...

Don't worry, there are no problems with my intellectual abilities. ;) So, if Android 6 is okay for you, now here's a chance for you to list those software related (general) issues, that makes this handset useless. Please do it.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-9-28 20:03:42 | Show all posts
I totally agree, like many others, with the list of bugs described by Mdebouw.
With those bugs, i repeat, the phone is barely a Nokia 3310...
12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list