52 8191
Author: LPCobris

UMI Super - Gorilla Fake Glass

Close [Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-7-11 20:07:35 | Show all posts
I've also 2 scratch mark on screen and I've used it with care :/ I'm also doubting about gorilla glass on this phone

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-7-11 20:33:35 | Show all posts
Edited by quazi at 2016-7-11 20:38 \n\nI'm to lazy to keep my keys and phone in separate pockets all the time. So far, my Super has only minor scratches. Compared to my iPhone 5 all goes quite well. Not sure if GG2, but the screen quality is excellent.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-7-11 20:36:51 | Show all posts
I'm not facing this kind of problems. So far my UMi Super doesn't have a single mark on the screen.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-7-11 20:37:34 | Show all posts
bencebacsi replied at 2016-7-11 15:00
Dear Paulo,

If you have a plastic screen protector installed, the gorilla glass won't make it toug ...

Hello bencebacsi,
I don´t have any screen protector on the screen (umi glass protectors don´t fit well i tryed).

But then again... does this phone, have or have not Gorilla Glass 2?

I had previously other Gorilla Glass phones (LG G2 and G4), and never the screen was scratched by keys like this one did...
This is suspicious, because it seems this is a lesser qualitity Gorilla Glass, or its not even Gorilla Glass!

Like the battery, if it is a SONY Battery, why its not stamped on the battery SONY? How can i confirm that the battery is really from SONY, and not some cheap OEM?

So for i see a phone that is more phoney then a real flagship product...

Best Regards,

LPC

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-7-11 21:25:44 | Show all posts
This is on Corning's website:
"The manufacturers and devices detailed on these webpages are the only manufacturers authorized to use the Corning Gorilla Glass trademark in their device promotions"

Funnily, Umi is not on the list - so many people ahve aasked on here directly, yet UMI has not confirmed the position. It seems more than strange that people with many years' exerience of smartphones all of a sudden see a change in the way this phone deals with scratches/bumps etc. I have emailed Corning to ask directly an I will see what they say.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-7-11 21:53:20 | Show all posts
syanide replied at 2016-7-11 21:25
This is on Corning's website:

Funnily, Umi is not on the list - so many people ahve aasked on here  ...

Keep us posted.

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-7-11 22:07:04 | Show all posts
Love to see how an S7 falls without damage /scratches or any $600 phone.  The fact you have phone that costs a third or so of the price you should count your lucky stars you didn't buy that $600 phone and drop it or put keys in the same pocket.  If you wanted something tough and strong then maybe you should have bought a Samsung B2710

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-7-11 23:02:53 | Show all posts
Edited by syanide at 2016-7-11 23:07 \n\nGG2 is GG2 - it should be the same regardelss of the cost of the phone. You simply can't ignore the fact that most people on here have had years experience with phones (myself included) and know what to expect. I don't exepct the phone to be indestructible (although Umi's youtube video doesn't help as it sort of implies that it is!!).
In event, there should be a certain level to expect from a 'standard' and that should apply to GG2 also. The price of the phone is irrelevant.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-7-12 02:00:25 | Show all posts
Hi,

Usually, I am not an active user, but I would like to give my opinion for the first time.

Beatertech, you are like a “fanboy”. I find your interventions often irrelevant.
We are not stupid. As said by Syanide, we all know what is a phone and we know that UMI Super is not a S7 or iPhone.
We do not expect UMI Super be indestructible, but we can compare it to other devices and note that it is not so robust as expected for a Corning Gorilla Glass.

A commercial relationship should be based on trust.
Whatever the manufacturer, when something is sold with specifications, the product must really have these specifications.
We should not say, if you are not happy, go to Samsung or whatever.

I know that most of bugs will be fixed by OTA updates (perhaps except 4G/GPS sensitivity).
I can see that Bencebacsi is doing a lot of efforts and try to help, but unfortunately, it is not enough.
I can accept that UMI Super has been sold to early and it will be improved by OTA, but in this case UMI should really be more transparent and communicates with users who trusted the product.
If communication is regular and transparent, users will be more patient.

In the forum, I can see some doubts on different points (Sony battery, 4000 mAh, Corning Gorilla Glass)
From my side, I cannot say if they are true or false.

From my side trust to UMI has been broken with one of the first communication point regarding the camera.
In this article, the photo has been modified when someone posted in the forum that the initial photo has not be done by UMI Super device:
http://community.umidigi.com/article-169-1.html
Here is the article with the initial photo:
http://www.mobipicker.com/umi-su ... st-results-amazing/
and the photo can be found in another site published in 2015:
http://www.jianshu.com/p/5ddcc930a4d9

The thread in the forum has been deleted and the user banned.
We this way to proceed, the doubts on the other point will not be cleared on my mind.
As example, following discussions related to Corning Gorilla Glass, I really do not trust this communication related to UMI Super violent test:
http://community.umidigi.com/article-177-1.html

For the long term business, UMI should really change their way to communicate to make the trust coming back.

Regards.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-7-12 02:44:10 | Show all posts
samy replied at 2016-7-12 02:00
Hi,

Usually, I am not an active user, but I would like to give my opinion for the first time.

Thank you.
123456Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list