View: 2214|Reply: 7

UMI Super - Glonass

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-6-14 02:17:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello,

the official specification of UMI Super was saying that the phone support Glonass sensor. For me this was the crucial factor why I have decided to buy this phone (currently I am waiting for my phone to be delivered).

Unfortunatelly the first review of the phone that I have seen is saying that the phone cannot locate any Glonass satelites. The review is exactly saying this:
"Finally, as long as it concerns the location and navigation services, the official specs state that the device supports GPS/A-GPS and Glonass. The Androits app shows that our unit has detected only GPS satellites and no Glonass ones."

You can find the full review (it is quite long) at this link:
http://www.devicespecifications.com/en/editor-review/fefff

I hope I was not fooled by some empty promises. Can someone confirm that Glonass is correctly working and/or not working for UMI Super?

Thanks.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-8-31 06:57:24 | Show all posts
I confirm my UMI Super also picks up quite a few non-USA satellites like the last poster so Glonass is detected as per spec.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-6-14 18:51:57 | Show all posts
Thank you very much for positive information.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-10-10 19:59:33 | Show all posts
UMI super mobile phone is having the technology of the most powerful battery with the all features that an expensive phone will give you. An expensive phone is the choice of the business men and the UMI super phone is the professional research paper writers can be chosen for the professional works and writing.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-8-16 01:42:54 | Show all posts
Edited by unixfreak at 2016-8-16 01:44 \n\nCan confirm GLONASS support is working for me in the United Kingdom. Using 'AndroIT GPS' app, here as some screens;

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-6-14 03:35:09 | Show all posts
Hi, here in Switzerland on my Umi Super works both GPS and Glonass. See Screenshot
Screenshot_20160613-211724.png

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-8-15 15:47:56 | Show all posts
Is there a way to disable just GLONASS?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2019-10-2 20:25:23 | Show all posts
Screen
The smartphone is equipped with a 5-inch capacitive touch screen that recognizes 10 simultaneous touches (10-point multi-touch). The screen resolution is 1920x1080 (FullHD), the aspect ratio is 16: 9, the resolution is 441 pixels per inch (ppi). The screen is capable of displaying 16777216 colors.

Protection
For more useful information please visit: pre written college essay samples
The smartphone does not have certification for compliance with any protection standard. Therefore, it is vulnerable to water, dust, shock, mechanical damage, and is also not suitable for use in explosive atmospheres. The screen of the smartphone is covered with a protective glass that protects it from scratches with nails and metal objects, but cannot protect it from sand scratches, since quartz (a component of sand) has a higher hardness than glass.

Software
The smartphone is equipped with the Android 7.0 Nougat operating system, developed by the American company Google. Used firmware with a graphical shell UMI OS, as well as with built-in Google services (jarg. Gapps). In particular, the preinstalled client of the Google Play application and multimedia content store client, with which the smartphone can be equipped with a large number of applications from third-party developers. A number of standard applications are preinstalled: media player, multi-function clock, photo viewer, FM radio, calculator and others.

I'm sure, that it is really nice phone to buy!
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list