Author: UMIadmin

Giveaway—SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE OF UMI SUPER

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-6-28 20:08:11 | Show all posts
DESIGN & MATERIALS

I love the design and when u hold it in your hands feels high quality. The phone is not light but the battery is big for 1,5 / 2 days. I felt in love with the notification light.

PERFORMANCE & HARDWARE

Helio P10 is 30% more power efficient than X10 and it's doing great job. I hoped for P20 but P10 will not let u down. 32GB Samsung eMMC memory with high speed read and write.

CPU: Octa-Core 2GHz
GPU: Mali-T860 700MHz
RAM: 4GB
Storage: 32GB Samsung (Fast!) (read speed: 216MB/s , write speed: 145MB/s)
Expandable: 264GB

SOFTWARE
UMi have done a good job keeping the Super’s OS clean and clutter free. The phone is pre-installed with the latest Android OS, (6 – Marshmallow) and comes bundled with only essential apps, all-in-all not straying far from a pure Android experience which I found out that some google apps are preinstalled it does not update from PLAY STORE. Calendar, Clock, Calculator and keyboard.

Full Virus Scan: AVG (Clean) / Avast (Clean) / ESET Deep Scan (Clean) /  CM Security (Clean)

GPS: I found out that GPS is slow to connect or not reception for 10/15 sec. UMI please fix this.

Gaming

Games runs smooth on UMI Super with ARM Mali-T860 which runs at 700MHz and dual-core, but I would have liked to have seen the Mali-T880 that we find in the Helio P20 that runs at a higher 900MHz, but the T860 is still a very capable chip..
AnTuTu Benchmark: The UMi Super scored well with: 48301

Speaker

Is bit low volume when u play music or movie. Phone conversation on speaker is OK. I think it could be fixed with software.

Camera
Panasonic camera lens is its fast, you can keep taking photos without pausing. Focussing feels much snappier than SonyIMX. Overall the Panasonic is a decent, fast and capable camera but lacks sharpness and colour reproduction of the Sony IMX series. I hope this will be fixed with OS update.

Final thoughts
I’m impressed with the UMi Super. Once you overlook you start appreciate the effort that UMi has made and I hope that some problems could be fixed with OTA update

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-6-30 19:10:16 | Show all posts
Why would I think about other phone?

When I have awesome and powerful UMi Super phone. Super fast P10 Octa core processor with 4GB RAM gives you Full freedom to do many task at once without lag. Gorgeous 5.5" Full HD, Dual 4G+ netwok capability Sim, Rear High Speed 13MP Camera, premium phone feeling and rapid fast USB Type-C in one phone with amazing budget price.

Having Secured fast fingerprint sensor, latest Android version mobile, Long lasting battery with Quick charging technology and Premium-strong aerospace grade body, What more would I ask from UMi Super? It's all, more than I imagine to have.

What most I like is that it fits in One Hand despite 5.5" Inch size.

So, I don't think about other phone, Just UMi Super.

I'm in Love with UMi Super Phone.

Thanks UMi for an Incredible & Fabulous Phone.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-7-1 00:04:30 | Show all posts
El umi super es un gran terminal ,  buena bateria, cámara , estructura y diseño

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-7-2 14:36:29 | Show all posts
I for one I'm very very disappointed after months of researching I 100% believed I had found My Dream Phone! It had all the right specs size looks and functionality but just over owning and using it for 2 days My screen began to get ghost touches and seem to get worst by the hour! By day 5 It was nearly impossible to have any type of functionality on the phone. I started what I most feared...RESEARCHING AGAIN! I found some threads on the ghosting and how some were able to fix it but seem mines ways worlds apart as now the complete screen is un-responsive to My Touch Though The Ghost Lives On! Looks like a Screen on Steroids! The only way to stop it is a forced shutdown which does Me No Good   and to make matters worst I spent money I borrowed to buy it so I'm still stuck paying for a phone I never got to really use makes me want to Cry just to thinking about it after so much time, efforts & researching I'M NOW FURTHER THAN EVER! NOT BACK AT STEP ONE I'M ON NEGATIVE ONE!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-7-4 19:36:19 | Show all posts
For the price I paid for the UMI Super nothing comes close.

Good camera, fast processor, lots of memory, very good screen, good metal chassis, excellent build quality, finger print security which actually works, dual SIM card holder and memory card slot as well.  Latest android version as well.

On my phone, everything works as it should.  I was keen to get it before a trip to San Francisco as I wanted a good camera.  It arrived 2 days before we fly to USA and the pictures I then took were great...crystal clear, sharp and well composed.

Still learning about the phone but very, very happy with it so far.  Support (2 updates released so far) says that it will be managed and supported well.

Love it!!!!!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-7-5 15:18:44 | Show all posts
Edited by milanmania2004 at 2016-7-5 15:23 \n\ni have been using the Super for a week, i would like to comment so far my experience with the device is satisfactory. installed twrp and rooted immediately after unboxed. i come from Nexus 5, so it is a big jump in term of screen size and feeling on the hand (the weight).
software wise is close to AOSP so not much to complain or surprise. the initial insensitivity on touch screen was resolved by take out the screen protector and set the virtual button instead of the physical button.
camera definitely is the weakest point on this phone, not even surpass my Nexus 5 which comes to my surprise. anyway this is not my key focus area for a daily phone so still can live with it.
i think my biggest problem now is inconsistent in various apps notification.. sometimes come in sometime just does not wake up the screen even though the settings are correct. the search in Settings is meaningless as well. it just does not return the correct results by keywords.
battery is also note to mention. after 36hours of usage and SOt 6.5hours with 15% remaining, this is incredible.

looking forward the next update can resolve various glitch here and there. for the price i paid during preorder, i would say this phone definitely worth the $.

threads

credits

Post Banned

credits
Post time 2017-2-17 16:18:38 | Show all posts
Note: The author has been banned or deleted.

threads

credits

Post Banned

credits
Post time 2017-2-17 16:19:08 | Show all posts

threads

credits

Post Banned

credits
Post time 2017-2-17 16:19:33 | Show all posts
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list