Reassign buttons - Fingerprint sensor as Home button

bencebacsi Post time 2016-8-17 01:41:44 | Show all posts [Copy link]
36 10068
View: 10068|Reply: 36

Reassign buttons - Fingerprint sensor as Home button

[Copy link]
Post time 2016-6-5 09:06:55 | Show all posts |Read mode

Are you tired of long pressing the Home button to call the multitask overview?
Would you just soft touch the Home button rather then hard clicking it when you want to quickly get back to the home screen?

The solution is here!

touch_fingerprint_button.jpg

On your UMi Touch smartphone that's possible to reassign the functions of some buttons (short click of the Home button, the right capacitive (back) button and the power button cannot be changed) and moreover, you can use the fingerprint sensor as a touch button.
The following models also support to change the function of other buttons: UMi Super, MAX, Plus, Diamond, Plus E, Z, Z Pro, Z1, Z1 Pro and C Note.
Please note, you need Google TalkBack in order to make this feature available. Please download and install it from Google Play Store if it has not pre-installed in your system.
How does it work?

touch_key_reassign.png
Click on the pic to enlarge

1. Go to Settings --> Accessibility --> Switch Access
2. Turn On the feature
3. Tap SETTINGS, then 'Assign Keys to Actions'
Now you can see the list of usable functions.

button_list.png

To set to use the fingerprint sensor as Home button, tap on 'Home', then touch the fingerprint sensor. If you were successful, KEYCODE_F10 appears on the setting panel. Tap on SAVE.

set_button.png

From now that's enough to just touch the Home button to get back to the default home screen immediately.

If you want to get rid of long pressing the Home button to open the multitask overview, that might be a good idea to assign the left capacitive button to that function since that button is not really used by most users. Just repeat the process described above with 'Overview' and touching the left capacitive button.

Since four buttons can be reassigned and eight functions are available, there are plenty of other variations for your choice.
Have fun!

Author| Post time 2016-12-30 03:23:35 | Show all posts
shadimar69 replied at 2016-12-29 20:15
Hey BB,

Not sure where the feature is in Android 7. Can you please advise?

Install Google TalkBack to get the Switch Access option in the Accessibility settings. In some ROM versions that app is not pre-installed.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-20 20:56:13 | Show all posts
Hi, great tip :-)

But how can i get to use real Home button (the one with LED) to access to use Google Now on Tap?

Now i have the multitasking Overview on both the right real button and the home button (with LED one)

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-6-5 14:36:43 | Show all posts
Edited by BangBang at 2016-6-5 20:56 \n\nWow thats amazing! Exactly what i wanted
Sadly you cant switch the functions, make the left button a back button and the right the overview.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-5 14:45:12 | Show all posts
Awesome. now i can just touch and hold the home button without pressing to call up task manage. thank you

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-6-6 20:33:13 | Show all posts
This is great. I am using setting that you proposed and it works awsome for me. It is really nice to know that the developer team is listening to user request and provide solutions.  

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-20 21:07:39 | Show all posts
Is it possible to lock screen via fingerprint?  
 Author| Post time 2016-6-21 08:35:55 | Show all posts
Beatertech replied at 2016-6-20 21:07
Is it possible to lock screen via fingerprint?

Sorry but that's not possible. You can use the features only available in the list.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-21 14:30:30 | Show all posts
good idea with this solution! Thanks

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-8-11 05:01:01 | Show all posts
I tried your example HOME --> OVERVIEW
as soon as I push the home button (which is the fingerprint sensor on UMI Touch) I quit the settings
I'm running the latest version xxx20160510
As the down right LED (default BACK) doesn't work anymore I tried to reassign some other buttons and I found no other soltution than KEY_CODE_VOLUME_DOWN and KEY_CODE_VOLUME_UP as the other functions are not reachable at that point
any idea ?
 Author| Post time 2016-8-17 01:41:44 | Show all posts
superlino replied at 2016-8-11 05:01
I tried your example HOME --> OVERVIEW
as soon as I push the home button (which is the fingerprint s ...

Before reassigne a button, you have to remove the current assignment or that function will be processed when tpuching/pressing that button, instead of reassigning it.
1234Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list