7 1861
View: 1861|Reply: 7

Numerous problems - streaming/uploading/gallery

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-4-29 20:26:44 | Show all posts |Read mode
I've has my first UMI Fair phone and am having numerous problems with it.  Before returning it to amazon i wondered if anyone knows a fix for these issues or whther ive just bought a piece of junk:

1. Youtube & sky sports apps wont stream - message says "connection to server lost" albeit i have 2 sim cards and wifi working fine.  Can stream videos through the web .
2. Cannot upload files to onedrive - error message "unable to upload, try again"
3. Cannot attach files to email in outlook - error messge "unable to attach file due to IO error"
4. Gallery view not working - all thumbnails are black
5. Cannot move apps to SD card.  Once moved they dissapear from home screen and app list

Is there a single cause to the above in settings?  Or is the Umi phone a pile or rubbish.

It definitely doesnt help having no manual, how are we meant to check what we are doing is correct.

Thanks in advance everyone ;-)))

Post time 2016-4-29 20:54:44 | Show all posts

Hi,

Could you apply a working wifi or mobile net connection on your phone?
If you haven't done it yet, I suggest you to download and install the Rootjoy windows app, and update your phone by the v3.01 official ROM. Before running the update, process a factory data reset on your phone. This might solve your issues 1-4. In your point 5. there's a contradiction: In lollipop systems that's not possible to move the apps to the SD card. So, that's a question "Once moved" what means at you. Could you make it clear?
Regards,
Bence

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-4-29 21:20:08 | Show all posts
Thanks for the reply Bence, really appreciate your help and input

I have 2 working sim-cards with data enabled, and WIFI connection working fine.

In the app section i have the "move to SD card button".  However if you click this the app doesn't move but disappears.....

Apologies but i don't know what "update your phone by the v3.01 official ROM" means buddy?  

Apologies but ion my head a phone should just work out of the box without having to install things.  Or at least come with a manual telling you what to do.

Frustrated....

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-4-29 21:43:49 | Show all posts
Its also worth stating I cannot back up my phone numbers.  Trying using back up and restore I get the message "unable to create folder on Sd Card"

Boo

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-4-30 22:30:05 | Show all posts
Update, just received a new phone, all the problems are the same.  Ideas?  I think there must be some setting denying access for apps but without a manual i have no idea which?

I'lll give it a day or so then have to return for refund..booo

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-5-4 18:55:50 | Show all posts
anyone help?   I've received a replacement with the same issues....Now im thinking the phones just not very good?

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-7-30 23:01:55 | Show all posts
Whenever you choose the kodistuff repo, there are certain things where you need to follow. However, you need to follow the right instruction when it comes to complete the installation process.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2022-3-30 15:54:46 | Show all posts
I think pocket tv apk will solve the streaming problem
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list