97 36824
Author: bencebacsi

Rome v3.05 (20160331) ROM - SPFT version

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-5-30 15:27:35 | Show all posts
Any chance to get v3.05 on Rootjoy soon?

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-5-30 20:01:18 | Show all posts
Mennel replied at 2016-5-30 04:16
I installed v3.05 in my Umi Rome and the GPS does not work.
It is enough to see in the following fo ...

No one cares about us ;) I have same problem, everything works but GPS WON'T. It'll probably never be fixed, and i doubt for any firmware upgrades, they have 'Touch' and 'Super' now.

I even wanted to send Rome back to Banggood for replacement but decided not to, for now it's ok for me that GPS doesn't work, but to be honest it's just making fun of clients, i'll remember that for future, not to buy UMI depite X1 Pro and Rome that i own.

There are cheaper and worse phones than Rome and GPS does work. Either their quality control is really bad, but it worked preety good for few months, or upgrade fu**ed our GPS.

Author| Post time 2016-5-30 21:18:36 | Show all posts
ar3k replied at 2016-5-30 20:01
No one cares about us ;) I have same problem, everything works but GPS WON'T. It'll probably never ...

We've never could reproduce this issue, that makes it impossible to investigate it, So we cannot treat this problem as a general issue. That's true, there are cheaper models on the market without such issues, while that's also true, there are much more expensive devices as well coming out from the factory with defections sometimes. The internet is full of complaints related to Samsung Galaxy and iPhone models. Maybe those minor groups of users feel that, they've bought a crappy phone, although that's not true, they're just simply unlucky.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-5-30 21:53:13 | Show all posts
hello !
could it be possible to have some pictures and connections (antenna/motherboard) of gps modul in umi rome ? i have in sys/bus/platform/device a folder name mt3326-gps.6 and in sys/bus/platform/drivers
a mt3326-gps folder. in another phone i have not the.6 extension. impossible to rename it.
just want to known if it's the right name in a umi rome with working gps.
thanks.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-5-31 06:15:06 | Show all posts
in sys/bus/platform/device i have a file named mt3326-gps.6
in sys/bus/platform/drivers - folder mt3326-gps in that folder a file - mt3326-gps.6

I'm doubtful that this is a problem, tested all Firmware versions from this forum, need rom. nothing helps. it's more likely that motherboard-antena connection is broken or even GPS Module itself.

I don't know anything about that, and probably not going to do anything with it, it's just a shame that it's broken,

Few weekes ago i offered to help with gps logs, provide more information about this issue. There must be a way to determine weather it's a software issue or hardware, even i can see in Location Based Serive that gps is turning on and looking for a fix with no luck, no one wanted any of that.

Also why 3.05 is released with Rootjoy? earlier versions were uploaded right away but with 3.05 it takes much time, despite that is has improved a lot.

Time will pass, people will drop this issue

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-5-31 20:30:37 | Show all posts
same thing for me . trying alls firmware , open the phone... read all forums.
i have buy another brand(cheap) phone to have a working gps...
when gps works on umi rome it is a little hot and after a upgrade firmware there is
no more this problem. could it be a antenna problem ? or dead gps module ?
for the moment and without more information nothing can solve this problem.
just hoppe someone can find a solution....

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-1 04:36:32 | Show all posts
I bought it for a year, and i hope i will use it for a year. But probably after first situation when i deperatly need GPS and don't have it, im buying new phone.

At the momment I am waiting for any solution or a diagnose.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-2 13:32:27 | Show all posts
V3.05 Is not even available on Rootjoy so i think MIUI rom is'nt close to be...

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2016-6-3 00:22:07 | Show all posts
hello ar3k !
have you check your imei ? when i check my 2 imei (undier battery and in phone, same) it give me a emax mini phone !!! not same chipset and a little strange ? i don't known if it's important for GPS but on some samsung forum they rebuild the nvram to have a working GPS... after a update rom.
still searching for a solution for that , all the rest is ok !

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-6-3 20:05:49 | Show all posts
Apart from custom recovery and su with upgrade option the applications need to be reinstalled ?
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list