7 1722
View: 1722|Reply: 7

Spare parts and other things!!!!

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2016-3-19 14:12:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
Ok, I understand that Umi is trying to make a name for itself, however with limited/no support back up, the chances of getting a bigger name for themselves is going to be hard. This is based on the amount of complaints about phones not working or not living up to the adverts!!!!!

What I am looking for is a back camera lens glass as I broke mine and it would not be covered under the warranty as it is my fault. I have asked in the forums for help on getting a replacement, but have not had an  answer. I have tried looking on all sites that sell parts and nothing!!!

So is it possible for someone from Umi to tell me where I can buy a spare back camera lens for a Hammer S please or at least what other phone this comes from so I can buy the part.

My next gripe is the lack of support for OTA updates, does Umi push OTA updates??? Will Marshmellow be issued for all phones ? Or just the latest Umi? It would be nice to know directly from Umi (with no offence to the mods on the forum) I have tried to inform people who I work with how good my Umi Hammer S is, but since Android N has been annonuced, it would be nice to know if Marshmellow is going to be released for us at least, from what I have seen most phones are now starting to get the Marshmellow update, I know these phones are based in the UK/USA and now other parts of the world.

Just by doing this and letting the community of Umi tell the world about support and updates etc, would help Umi get a bigger fan base. For myself in the UK the only issue apart from the ones mentioned earlier, is not being able to get Gplus to work, I have not found any other issues with mu Hammer S so far and I would be happy to sing about Umi from the "rooftops" to anyone that would listen just to get Umi more on the mobile phone market

Kind regards

Andy

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2016-3-22 11:08:20 | Show all posts
Dear,
Thank you for your detailed analysis. Yes, the above points you put forward are the common questions customer would like to know.
1. For the accessory, Option 1: contact with the reseller which you purchased your phone, you can apply for warranty or ask them to send you accessories, we have offered some accessories for each reseller. Option 2:   You can enter our official website to see if there is a online shop have this accesssory, there are many resellers, you can search it on each online store.  
About the back camera of Umi Hammer S, I found a link, you can see if it is available for you: http://pt.aliexpress.com/item/Or ... mp;isOrigTitle=true

2.For the Android version update, we won't update our android version to Marshmallow,  but we will improve our software and revise the bugs continuously, which depends on customers' feedback.

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-3-25 02:22:35 | Show all posts
Hi,

I have checked and unfortunately the appears none has the glass that covers the lens, I'm not looking for the camera just the bit of glass that goes behind the bezel. The reseller is no longer selling, so I'm stuck. That's why I was asking to know what size the glass is and what brand is it. Can umi please help
Post time 2016-3-25 08:19:31 | Show all posts
Hi,

You can't buy a stand-alone camera glass cover (don't look for it) but only the whole back frame, that contains the camera glass cover too.
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/O ... 6-b785-21eac36d5fe4

threads

credits

credits
 Author| Post time 2016-3-26 05:54:36 | Show all posts
Hi,

Many thanks for that link. Do you know if it's a clip on part? Also I guess they ship to the UK?
Kind regards
Post time 2016-3-26 06:02:55 | Show all posts
They offer worldwide free shipping. I've never disassembled a such phone but I guess that not only the screws keep that part on its place.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-6-8 01:41:09 | Show all posts
My UMI Touch needs USB Plug Charge Board replacement. I bought my phone from UMIDIGI Store and they say

"Dear friend, it is none phone accessory sale in our store now.  Have a nice day."

Do you think i will buy UMI phone again!!!!!!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2018-6-29 06:55:02 | Show all posts
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list