View: 5560|Reply: 11

UMI Iron Production Update

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits

UMIDIGIerDie-Hard UMIDIGI Fans

Post time 2015-7-24 18:33:35 | Show all posts |Read mode
UMI Release through facebook page update regarding UMI Iron Supply on August 15th

------------------------------------
Dear UMI Fans,
Due to software stability issues, we will not be able to deliver the UMI Iron to you as planned. We sincerely apologize for this.
The delay is due to the root access turning out to be much more difficult than we expected. Our engineers have managed to get gain root access but in order to get users to enjoy all the RootJoy services our team needs about two more weeks of testing stability.
For us its very important to deliver the IRON to our fans with a perfectly optimized Android 5.1 experience with everything the IRON has to offer.
Supply will be happening on the 15th of August
Due to unexpected big amount of orders, we plan to complete all orders within a week to our distributors.
Again we are very sorry for the delay and for the ones that are willing to be a little more patient, UMI Team is giving away a free 19.99USD worth UMI Iron Smart flip-cover included with the phone.
If you are not willing to wait two more weeks, we advise to ask for a refund by contacting the store you ordered from. But we promise the IRON experience will make up for all the waiting.
With our deepest apologize,
UMI Team.

-----------------------------------
iron_news.jpg

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-7-24 19:03:23 | Show all posts
A shame we have to wait, but I prefer a better more stable experience on the phone, than a very rushed product that would make people go crazy! Hoping the best from this...

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits
Post time 2015-7-24 18:37:20 | Show all posts
Edited by rhen at 2015-7-24 19:58 \n\nYep, I have seen it.
It's sad that the phone will not arrive till I go to my holiday, but I won't cancel my order.

I will not use the flip cover, since I don't like the flip covers.
The hardened glass screen protector would be better for me. (but I already ordered one with the phone so I would not use that neither.)

A promise to Android M update would be better.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-7-29 19:16:57 | Show all posts
Great move from Umi to their fans. Releasing Umi Iron before the set date nice one... Hope it's all good now.

threads

credits

Platinum Member

credits
Post time 2015-7-29 19:40:18 | Show all posts
UMI updated information:

Dear UMI fans,
We could not bare to see our fans waiting for the IRON! So our engineers have been working overtime to speed things up!
They have managed to finish all testing of the IRON! Therefor the first batch has been sent out to our resellers. However, due to the high demand and pre-orders, the second batch will be released as planned of the 15th of August.
The ones that ordered before the 20th of July will receive the free leather flip case as promised.
Hope you all enjoy your Iron's!
Sincerely,
UMI team.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-7-29 21:01:15 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
How come geekbuying send me DHL notification saying my IRON is delay on 15th August.does it mean i am going to get a defective beta version...

threads

credits

credits

Author| Post time 2015-7-29 21:06:20 | Show all posts
Waheed replied at 2015-7-29 21:01
How come geekbuying send me DHL notification saying my IRON is delay on 15th August.does it mean i a ...

contact to your seller

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-8-1 19:03:00 | Show all posts
i reveived it ..
And i contact My seller . No respond yet ..
Do you think i can get support from UMI
you say first bath is ready but most of it is coming on 15 august
so maybe there is final version somewhere cool i have the firmware and lil instruction if there is to Make my phone be what it is supposed to be .. cause lot of feaatures or not working ..cant event read my sd card and many other bugs like cnstant led on;;
thank you

the phone is more elegant than i though very thin very beautiful

threads

credits

Diamond Member

credits

Post time 2015-8-2 07:43:27 | Show all posts
Waheed replied at 2015-8-1 19:03
i reveived it ..
And i contact My seller . No respond yet ..
Do you think i can get support from UMI ...

Hi Waheed. What ROM version are you using? If it's lower then v1.03 then you should update, which would hopefully fix any issues you are having.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2015-8-4 15:20:38 | Show all posts
v1.01 where can i get link to 1.03

12Next
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list