6 186
View: 186|Reply: 6

What Car Should I Buy? - How To Choose The Best Car For Your Budget [

[Copy link]

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-10-6 23:11:58 | Show all posts |Read mode
CarsGuide offers an interactive tool that generates a list of potential cars for you to buy.  Still, my recommendation is to take your time and do your research. But this tool will help you fine tune your thinking on what kind of car you want and need. It uses three simple questions:

Which car fits your lifestyle?
What’s your budget (in increments of five thousand dollars)?
Whether you want a new car or a used car
For the lifestyle question, you can choose from the broad categories of small, medium, or large.

You can also choose from more detailed categories. Things like a family car, sports car, city car, off road car, or utility vehicle are available to select.

Once you’ve answered these three questions, they generate a list of potential cars for you. It comes complete with photos and descriptions of actual cars for sale.

Talk about easy.

Remember though; this shouldn’t be your only source for research. Use it as a starting point.

What cars can I afford?
Once you have a better idea of the kind of car you like, your next concern should be the price.

You want to make sure that your wants don’t outweigh your means.

For this part of the process, I recommend using the Car Affordability Calculator by U.S. News.

You can play around with the monthly payment and down payment to give yourself options.

It’ll also help you shorten your wants list to what you can afford. Remember, though, that you’ll have other costs on a monthly basis (see below). Be sure to give yourself plenty of cushion for these other car-related expenses.

Other financial factors
AAA estimated in 2015 that the annual cost to drive a typical sedan style car 15,000 miles a year was $8,698. That includes registration, insurance, maintenance (including tires), and fuel.

Registration
Aside from your monthly car payment (if you don’t buy it outright), there are other ongoing fees to consider. Some cars cost much more to maintain than others.

It’s a smart financial move to give these factors a lot of thought when choosing your next car.

Call your DMV to find out the annual registration fees for the type of car you’re considering. You may find some surprises.

For example, in some cases, you have to register a pickup truck as a commercial vehicle in California. Yikes.

Insurance
Insurance will also be a significant expense. Remember, if you have a loan for your car, your lender will need you to have full coverage. Not the least amount of insurance required by your state. One of the most important factors in what you’ll pay for car insurance is the type of car you drive.

Nerdwallet says there are a few things that make car insurance more expensive:

The price of the car (more expensive cars need higher cost insurance)
High-end parts required to fix the vehicle, and
The safety record of the car
Make sure to get some quotes for the specific models you are considering buying. The annual price range can vary in the thousands for full coverage.

Maintenance, repairs, and mileage
The cost of repairs and maintenance will be higher for used cars than brand new cars.

To determine your fuel costs, you can actually do the math:

First, estimate the average number of miles you’ll drive your car per week. Consider everyday things like going to work, grocery shopping, or casual weekend outings.
Then multiply this by 52 (for 52 weeks in a year).
Next, add to this number how many miles you’ll drive for holidays and road trips.
Finally, divide this total number of annual miles by the average miles per gallon for each car.
Then multiply this by the mean price per gallon of gas in your area.
Sound complex? Here’s an example:

Assume you drive 20 miles each way to work every day. Also, let’s estimate you drive about 60 miles on the weekend. We’ll also say you drive about 1,000 miles a year for road trips and holidays.

Here’s the math:

Work: 20 x 5 (days per week) = 100 miles per week

100 (miles for work) + 60 (weekend miles) = 160 total miles per week

160 x 52 (weeks in a year) = 8,320

8,320 (annual miles) + 1,000 (road trip and holiday miles) = 9,320

MPG of the car we’re looking at = 32 (average)

Cost of gas in our area = $2.00/gallon (average)

Final calculation:

9,320 / 32 (miles per gallon) = 291.25

291.25 (gallons used) x $2.00 (per gallon) = $582.50

So after all that, you can estimate spending about $582 during the year on gas alone.

If you’re concerned about lowering your ecological footprint and want to save on gas, a fuel efficient car may be the right choice for you.

While electric cars may be a fad in decades past, they are about to hit the mainstream auto industry in a big way.

They’re receiving widespread adoption by consumers, according to a 2017 article in Forbes. There will also be a wider variety of models to choose from within the next few years.

Yes, electric cars may still be more expensive than their gas guzzling cousins. But you may want to consider how much you’ll save in fuel costs over the lifetime of the car.

According to the Alternative Fuels Data Center, the total cost for an all-electric car to go 70 miles is only $2.64. This assumes the cost of electricity is $0.11 per kilowatt-hour.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-10-7 14:57:58 | Show all posts
Wow, thank you a lot for this very informative and interesting article here. I also can share with you this website here with the best crossover SUV. I love spending my time there as it has so much different information.... You guys definitely need to see it too in case you are interested in it right now.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-11-4 18:26:46 | Show all posts
A family trip with Polaris cargo box is always full of nice surprises because cargo boxes are convenient and spacious. And they have no fear of crumbling mountain ride or heat. All I put in there is very, very safe from all things that can harm objects. By the way, it is a good present for the new owner of cars or motorcycles.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-11-12 05:01:48 | Show all posts
I once got into a car accident. It was not serious, but was scary anyway. The front of the car was completely broken and everybody was laughing at me like a real loser.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-11-12 05:20:14 | Show all posts
Very nice choice! I would also like to have such a car. I really love Polaris. But you know what? Insurance can be sometimes really expensive. Read https://www.americaninsurance.com/when-would-i-sign-car-title-insurance-company about how to do it in the most effective manner. And I hope I will be able to congratulate you? Good luck!

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-11-22 15:40:40 | Show all posts
Thanks for the article. I've been searching for a lot of information about cars recently. Right now I'm reading an article about what is better weathertech or husky, If you interested in it too then you can follow here to learn more about this comparison. Good luck.

threads

credits

credits
Post time 2020-12-2 15:52:45 | Show all posts
If our customers want a company activity, a seminar, a wedding or a special occasion, we provide a wide variety of vehicles to suit their needs. limousine rental Our fleet of newer model cars is meticulously managed and driven by courteous and skilled drivers trained in the art of customer loyalty.
You have to log in before you can reply Login | WELCOME TO UMIDIGI COMMUNITY

Points Rules

Quick Reply Top Back to list